I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

Shortcut Tips
  • Shift+Right click = Auto loot
  • Mouse Wheel Click = Auto Run
  • B = Open/Close All bags
  • Enter = Automatically accepts whatever dialogue is selected (Useful if its hidden behind something like for rolls, deleting mail, repairing, etc)
  • Shift+Left Click = To seperate stacks in inventory
  • R = Move to monster and loot (really handy when farming or when monster dissappears)
  • Backspace = Whisper to the last person who whispered to you
Character Creation
  • Unless determined, avoid Chef and Artisan professions as they make monsters look lootable (annoying in dungeons, that's the only reason)
  • If you like costumes and aesthetics in general, avoid beastmaster and assassin classes. (Their main skill transforms then and hides all armors/costumes)
  • There is a voice option, choose one you'll like. (It'll drive you mad if you choose something you don't like)
First Steps
  • Put points into Str/Int first.
  • Keep cards and crafting materials until you reach the auction house.
  • Collect profession materials as you quest.
  • DO KHARAS (Press 'O' to open it's menu, click on un-greyed ones and at the bottom click challenge).
  • When leveling up, get skills that will help solo first. (DPS skills usually)
  • The entire game is skill based, normal (non skill) attacks are not as affective as spamming one skill.
  • Leveling is quest based, grinding is nearly useless. (Credit to Gexmn)
NPC Advice
  • Medium Bags cost 0.500R from General Merchant NPCs from Prontera onward.
  • Butterfly Wings cost 0.250r from Kafra storage NPCs. They will warp you to your save point (So would dying in the field)
  • Do not buy gear from NPCs.
  • Don't worry about repairs until level ~35+ (unless you are a tank).
  • Misc. items can be vended to NPCs. (Only exceptions are items for kharas like Dungeon Master)
  • You can set your spawn point at any kafra. (Save option)
  • At level 15 you can buy a PecoPeco mount for 10z (To the right of the north prontera portal, an NPC named 'Takshi'. Its worth it, 40% faster moving speed when mounted)
Dungeon Advice
  • When in a normal (non-raid) party set loot to 'Wearer' (Party leader right clicks their own portrait and selects it, this will allow people to only 'Need' on gear that is for their class)
  • Go to channel 1 if you need a party for a boss or dungeon (less important right now with most channels full)
  • In dungeons, kill the adds. Unless you are the tank or healer. (Unless you are over leveled, it helps)
  • Before entering a dungeon, make sure everyone understands what kind of run it is (killing all bosses, some bosses, etc)
  • Avoid having more than 1 of the same class if possible, to avoid loot competition.
  • You'll usually have to run the dungeon 3 times for the last boss' khara, so don't be too worried about other kharas.
  • Tabbing can reveal "Unexpected Summons". These can be taken out with one heavy hit (usually 999+), or can be stunned and attacked to "disarm" them without spawning the hidden monsters. (Credit to OniNoMeKyo)
Auction House
  • Pay attention to the Auction House's fee, sometimes it's not worth putting something up.
  • You can usually buy NPC items cheaper here. (Bags, etc)
  • Auction house search is very sensitive (have to be exact, including capitals for first letter when applicable) and you need to manually click on search (hitting enter won't do anything)
  • Auction Houses are only in major cities. (Prontera and Alberta)
Misc. Advice
  • If tight on khara points, carefully consider which ones you need open immediately (Reaching certain level ones can usually wait. killing, gathering, and usage ones should get priority)
  • You can save skill points for second job. (At level 25 you can transition into your second job)
  • You can turn off the chat filter.
  • Equip titles (Press 'O' to open menu and on the right side you see a list of titles, pick the best one you can, usually a the top from MVPs).
  • Materials say "material" under their name, do not sell to NPC, auction instead. (Materials you get even at level 1 are valuable and useful to max leveled players)
  • Clicking on the objective (below the title on the quest window) will bring up a map with the location of the objective marked.
  • Clicking on the yellow plus sign will reveal more detailed information on your quest (like the name of the monster you need to kill for certain drops)
  • If you hover your mouse over the hotbar two little arrows will appear at the right side, click on up to reveal upto 2 more hotbars.
  • Money (zeny) is hard to come by, don't be too eager to spend it.
  • You will be using skills from your first job (Bash, Charged Arrow, etc) forever. (Unless you're a Beastmaster or Monk)
  • You can equip cards to yourself for stat boosts, you can't take them out but you can replace them. (The old card is destroyed)
  • When selling something (Auction or Vend) the selling cost is for the WHOLE stack not for each piece individually.
  • Do colosseum even if you aren't competitive at it. (You'll want blood points at end game, and free stuff)
Helpful Links
  • PST/PDT Clock, the game's time zone.
  • RO2Base, helpful database with the best skill simulator I know of.
  • Controls, RO2's official page, listing all the hotkeys.
  • Twitter, RO2's official twitter page, lots of news and event information.
  • Facebook, RO2's official facebook page, lots of news and event information.
  • LeroyTcelcius, makes a lot of YouTube videos about the game.
  • My Suggestions, a list of suggestions I would like to see put into the game :P self plug I know.
  • Njoror's Bug Thread, very informative, please take a look before posting suggestions or bugs.
Just a bunch of random things I wish I had known before starting the game. Hopefully its useful to someone.

If you have some please post :)

Edited by LordLDF, 26 May 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#2 TokumeiSennin

TokumeiSennin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:27 PM

Nice one mate, too bad its too late for me, but at start i was looked for that info :P

#3 Gexmn

Gexmn

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

Also, make sure to do all quests instead of killing monsters to level (for the first few levels at least). Doing quests are much faster and give some basic equipments that make you stronger.
First time I play, I mainly kill monsters. Took forever to be at lv 10 and due to bad equipments, I need to rest/sit after killing each monster.
The second time I play I just do quests and got to lv 10 in 1~2 hrs, and no more resting/sitting :)

#4 Zhenocnra

Zhenocnra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Auto-looting is just R unless you change the default keybinds.

Edited by Zhenocnra, 19 May 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#5 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

TokumeiSennin, thank you, yes I would also have loved to have known all of this my first day playing :P but I hope it will help new people.

Thanks Gexmn I added that to the list :)

Zhenocnra, I have R up there, its incredibly useful, I use it all the time :)

#6 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Very informative and helpful. Thanks for posting!

#7 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Yet

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

adding one more

Dungeon Advice:

Tabbing can reveal "Unexpected Summons". These can be taken out with one heavy hit (usually 999+), or can be stunned and attacked to "disarm" them without spawning the hidden monsters.

#8 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

adding one more

Dungeon Advice:

Tabbing can reveal "Unexpected Summons". These can be taken out with one heavy hit (usually 999+), or can be stunned and attacked to "disarm" them without spawning the hidden monsters.

Ah yes, good tip! I just never knew if that was intended or is a bug of some sorts. Either way added and thank you :)

Edited by LordLDF, 21 May 2013 - 12:29 PM.

#9 StormyHope

StormyHope

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for this! It's not completely too late for me.

Also, I've been trying to figure out auto-run forever.

#10 LordLDF

LordLDF

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Edited and added more tips, if you know any please post :)

Edited by LordLDF, 26 May 2013 - 11:10 PM.

#11 epy0nxl

epy0nxl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

<p>blood points huh...</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>And the notes about auction house stacks and setting drop to wearer is a great idea!!!</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>I hope you can narrow it down to only blues that are bind on pickup.</p>

#12 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

Character Creation

• Unless determined, avoid Chef and Artisan professions as they make monsters look lootable (annoying in dungeons, that's the only reason

Yet another reason I regret choosing Artisan. Being brand new to the game and to Ragnarok in general I had no idea what to pick so I guess I picked a bad one. :( In retrospect I should have picked Alchemist since I am a Wizard (soon to be!) and I eat potions like they are going out of style!

Too bad they don't sell profession change scrolls at the Kafra shop!

Oh and as far as looking like they are lootable..... if you use the R button to pickup it helps because if there is no loot clicking R does nothing.

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 29 May 2013 - 12:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users