Is the "DROP RATE BUG" really a bug? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Is the "DROP RATE BUG" really a bug?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

I posted this in the drop rate bug OP but felt this should get its own thread for an open discussion.

It may seem like this " DROP RATE BUG" isent a bug at all.

For those of you who may not know, SEA severs have had there drop rates lowered as well. This may me dew to there new costume. Posted Image Ocean Commander Uniform (Permanent)

Posted Image

Notice the Increase in drop rate? This is to offset the drop nerf that was added. Making people have to pay to get their drop rates normalized. Now i can only speculate, but i believe our new drop rates are reflected by this and was added prematurely but is intended to be added at a later date. Making this NOT A BUG AS THEY LED US TO BELIEVE.

I would like to hear what you have to say on the matter. That why i wanted to start a new thread on this topic to start a discussion and get your perspective.

#2 xPsyex

xPsyex

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

http://forums.warppo...31#entry1334231

#3 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

http://forums.warppo...31#entry1334231

Im aware of that or did you miss the part were i said i had posted in that thread already. Also did you miss where i said " It MAY seem like this "DROP RATE BUG" isent a bug at all" ?

#4 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

Nothing would surprise me at this point. The game is such a mess with basic bugs and rookie mistakes all over the place.

#5 Smoketastic

Smoketastic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

rofl those stats ..... this is getting more and more pay2win ...... sigh

#6 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

rofl those stats ..... this is getting more and more pay2win ...... sigh

And thats what i wanted to discuss. Is this game moving in the direction of P2W? Cause these changes sure seem like thats whats goin on

#7 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I don't think warportal is that stupid. I'm pretty sure they know already that if this ever gets added probably half the player base is going to jump ship. That's why they are reluctant to add dungeon reset scrolls and 3k hp pots and all that stuff. They see how negative we are to these things. Adding this would be a death sentance for this game.

#8 awayish

awayish

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

SEA is a lost cause and they can-_- it up as much as it can and just appeal to those who still play there, probably 14 year old kids with parents wallets.

#9 Lkcynric

Lkcynric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

I guess this explains why the captured nukaruka quest was completed at the 6th kill instead of the 1st as its supposed to be...

To be honest I am trying to reach 50 and enjoing some RHD and trying raids before I decide if i want to play this game or not. But its getting harder and harder.

#10 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

I guess this explains why the captured nukaruka quest was completed at the 6th kill instead of the 1st as its supposed to be...

To be honest I am trying to reach 50 and enjoing some RHD and trying raids before I decide if i want to play this game or not. But its getting harder and harder.

You sound just like me. Excited to try out rhds and doing raids. Until you get there and the actual reality of the situation sets in.

#11 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

It's not a bug, nothing in iRO2 is a bug, it's just SeaRO2 they're copypasta-ing onto us.

#12 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

It's not a bug, nothing in iRO2 is a bug, it's just SeaRO2 they're copypasta-ing onto us.

lol

#13 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

I wouldn't jump to conclusions. I don't think warportal is that stupid. I'm pretty sure they know already that if this ever gets added probably half the player base is going to jump ship. That's why they are reluctant to add dungeon reset scrolls and 3k hp pots and all that stuff. They see how negative we are to these things. Adding this would be a death sentance for this game.

You can see my concern. This is just one in the list of things that shine a bad like on the game. Another would be costume time scrolls. You need to spend real money to get boxes from CS to get coupons to turn into an npc to get scrolls to add more time to your costume..... If that isent a money grab then i dont know what else is.

#14 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

Thats like some ultimate donater gear from a private server. You'd be surprised how many people would still buy and play with items like that.

#15 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:14 AM

its like Gravity HQ is trolling warportal "meh, is just another english version, send them the same client and updates from SEA, trolololo"

#16 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

Most new mmos end up decreasing their drop rates. And yes this game will be p2w, this game isnt for your enjoyment, it is a profit center and nothing more, that is how the free to play model works 99% of the time.

#17 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:33 AM

Most new mmos end up decreasing their drop rates. And yes this game will be p2w, this game isnt for your enjoyment, it is a profit center and nothing more, that is how the free to play model works 99% of the time.

It's a Shame because its fine as it is.. They are walking a thin line with customer approval and this, if implemented, will push them over the edge.

#18 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:41 AM

http://forums.warppo...-as-of-5142013/
I'll leave this here.... because you know, no one really looks in bug report threads... :x (I know this is a "maybe it was on purpose" thread.... but I doubt they would do it then not state it in patch notes and say they are trying to fix it. I haven't been with gravity long though, so maybe they would do that kind of thing. I am pushed to think they wouldn't with the game being so new though.)

#19 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

http://forums.warppo...-as-of-5142013/
I'll leave this here.... because you know, no one really looks in bug report threads... :x (I know this is a "maybe it was on purpose" thread.... but I doubt they would do it then not state it in patch notes and say they are trying to fix it. I haven't been with gravity long though, so maybe they would do that kind of thing. I am pushed to think they wouldn't with the game being so new though.)

It was probably snuck into the patch and warpportal didn't know about it and thought it was a bug. After calling gravity and reporting it as a bug they were informed that it was intended. Now warportal is going to have to make an announcement, and it's going to have to be worded very carefully. The game depends on it.

#20 Kuugenthefox

Kuugenthefox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

while warpportal is just a licensor of the game they can decide for themselves what they sell and for how much they sell it in the cash shop.

#21 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

It was probably snuck into the patch and warpportal didn't know about it and thought it was a bug. After calling gravity and reporting it as a bug they were informed that it was intended. Now warportal is going to have to make an announcement, and it's going to have to be worded very carefully. The game depends on it.

The pesistmistic aura is strong in this one.....

But no, on a serious note I doubt this because they would make A LOT more cash doing a P2W service with that costume than lowering the actual drop rate, I would like to add that they could even alter that costume for our version to like a 15% increase and STILL make more cash. >.>

Plus posting such details of them fixing an issue would just be wasting time for them and us, people would figure out eventually and just leave. Meaning cash walks out the window for them regardless but in bigger numbers for dishonesty and misplaced trust.

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 07:56 AM.

#22 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

while warpportal is just a licensor of the game they can decide for themselves what they sell and for how much they sell it in the cash shop.

I don't think so.... Warpportal can suggest price changes but I'm pretty sure it's not up to them. The prices of our items indirectly effects the other versions as well.

#23 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

The pesistmistic aura is strong in this one.....

But no, on a serious note I doubt this because they would make A LOT more cash doing a P2W service with that costume than lowering the actual drop rate, I would like to add that they could even alter that costume for our version to like a 15% increase and STILL make more cash. >.>

Plus posting such details is just wasting time, people would figure out eventually and just leave. Meaning cash walks out the window for them regardless but in bigger numbers for dishonesty and misplaced trust.

That didn't strop sea ro from doing it...

#24 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

That didn't strop sea ro from doing it...

Sea was awful from the start. I don't think I could name one thing they did right from the period I was playing for, They had maints like 2-3 times a flippin' day.

Attempted to fix issues, only to make them 10x worse and add 15 more issues in that day. The servers were super laggy, Didn't have half the channels NA started off with. Heck they didn't even make the time to do actual english voice overs or subtitles at least.

I could go on but I think its obvious this version is not Sea.

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#25 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

On dragonsaga there was a drop rate bug and they never fixed it, its not a bug if they dont fix it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users