Is the "DROP RATE BUG" really a bug? - Page 2 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Is the "DROP RATE BUG" really a bug?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#26 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

It was probably snuck into the patch and warpportal didn't know about it and thought it was a bug. After calling gravity and reporting it as a bug they were informed that it was intended. Now warportal is going to have to make an announcement, and it's going to have to be worded very carefully. The game depends on it.

You win a cookie.

You havn't been with gravity very long, but you understand how the koreans work.

The WP staff does want to work with us, the koreans however couldn't give two craps.

#27 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

On dragonsaga there was a drop rate bug and they never fixed it, its not a bug if they dont fix it

Did they say they were looking into it and replied to two different threads that they placed in bug report sections? >.>

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#28 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

Im aware of that or did you miss the part were i said i had posted in that thread already. Also did you miss where i said " It MAY seem like this "DROP RATE BUG" isent a bug at all" ?

You are breaking forum rules, specifically: No conspiracy threads and spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt. It is quite clear from your post that you're intentionally spreading fear. Mainly because you fail to provide any proof, but also because you make these wild accusations, even though the community manager has already stated that it is a bug.

I would like to hear what you have to say on the matter. That why i wanted to start a new thread on this topic to start a discussion and get your perspective.

Here's my perspective: Have fun with your warning or possible suspension.

Edited by ShiveringShadows, 17 May 2013 - 08:39 AM.

#29 WongDai

WongDai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

no wonder nothing is dropping !!!

i need new gears !!

#30 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:42 AM

They keep at it, and I won't get cash on ro2. Id rather let the game die then ro2 become like maplestory.

#31 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

You are breaking forum rules, specifically: No conspiracy threads and spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt. It is quite clear from your post that you're intentionally spreading fear. Mainly because you fail to provide any proof, but also because you make these wild accusations, even though the community manager has already stated that it is a bug.

Here's my perspective: Have fun with your warning or possible suspension.

He has a point, it needs to be addressed. It will literally drive players away with the lowered drop rates. Its a CRITICAL bug that needs to be fixed in an emergency maintenance. The reason it hasn't been yet is either because kRO has said "no, it's staying that way" or they simply have been lazy about fixing/responding to iRO's staff, like they usually are. Either way, its critical and should not be getting put off as it has been.

#32 Fyce

Fyce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Players: "Oh hai. We think there might be a bug in the drop rates..."
CM: "Yup, you're right. It's a bug and we are fixing it."
Players: "Yeah that's great and all but... We don't think it's a bug. We think it was deliberate... Look, a completly different company made a costume to increase the droprates... So, we think that you're doing the same even if you just claimed otherwise."
CM: "What? I just told you it was a bug and currently being fixed (basically waiting after Gravity Korea to send us the correct files which were messed up in the last update). So what do you wa-"
Players: "We think you are a bunch of liars and we don't believe what you're saying. We are right because of reasons. Also, let me put my tin foil hat so you don't steal mah brainz like you want to steal mah money."

Edited by Fyce, 17 May 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#33 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

He has a point, it needs to be addressed. It will literally drive players away with the lowered drop rates. Its a CRITICAL bug that needs to be fixed in an emergency maintenance. The reason it hasn't been yet is either because kRO has said "no, it's staying that way" or they simply have been lazy about fixing/responding to iRO's staff, like they usually are. Either way, its critical and should not be getting put off as it has been.

I agree there is a point to be made, it needs to be addressed but I'd rather have them spend a few days figuring out why its happening than just assuming "this will fix it!" then breaking the game more.

There is a balance and I think its good to analyze the situation for a bit instead of jumping in a ocean that can possibly contain sharks. Besides I don't find it super bad and I am in both the higher tier areas and the lower tiers with two different characters right now, there are and have been games with worse drop rate systems.

Mind you Im not saying its good or they should just 'analyze' for a crazy time period like a month but I personally can wait till this upcoming tuesday.

I'd also like to add that he may have a point but correct me if im wrong, the poster doesn't seem to be complainting or pointing out that they need to fix it.

Rather it seems to me he is just saying gravity may have intentionally lowering it purposely and lied to the community and possibly warpportal, meaning that rule is valid.

(And if there is a concern, the two links that were posted earlier can be used to express that concern with the current issue.)

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#34 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:05 AM

Players: "Yeah that's great and all but... We don't think it's a bug. We think it was deliberate... Look, a completly different company made a costume to increase the droprates... So, we think that you're doing the same even if you just claimed otherwise."
CM: "What? I just told you it was a bug and currently being fixed (basically waiting after Gravity Korea to send us the correct files which were messed up in the last update). So what do you wa-"
Players: "We think you are a bunch of liars and we don't believe what you're saying. We are right because of reasons. Also, let me put my tin foil hat so you don't steal mah brainz like you want to steal mah money."

yes because company's never lie to your face... -cough bioware cough-

#35 HelVerdandi

HelVerdandi

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Fyce, I LOL'ed in this quiet (at the moment) office.

Let me clear this up: this was not an intentional bug. I placed this in the bug report section, as someone had posted, but I guess clarification from some manager was needed. Also, I'd ask to stop comparing the NA version to SEA and kRO2. Guess what? We don't care what they did because look how they're doing now. /endsnarkiness

We have no devs in this office or anyone that can just go and correct it because HQ doesn't want us touching their %!@*. Why? Well we're just their distributor. But they listen to us. It may take one, two, eight months of yelling the same thing over and over again, but if they want to have a successful game, they will have to listen to us.

In my several years in the business, this is my first F2P game I've worked on and still trying to gain balance of what is best for us to still keep the lights on while keeping the community happy. Now is everyone going to be pleased? No. Do I actually make the shots around here? Not really, it's not up to me but I have a say. Probably why I don't behave like most CMs because technically I'm not, and even if I was, I could not spit BS to anyone, because that's not my nature, and why I failed in my CS jobs, ha. I'm rather blunt with people but at least I have some sort of filter.

Anyway, back on-topic, and to sum it up: HQ was out of office (why it hasn't been fixed yet), we told them to fix it, and now we're waiting. I believe it's almost, if not already Saturday in Korea, let's hope they come into the freakin office today. I have a frustrated patience with them too.

~*HV*~

#36 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

Seriously, this. <_< You guys need to stop it with the conspiracy theories already. It will get fixed already. Maybe not in the tiemframe you want, but it *will* be fixed.

#37 Furin

Furin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

You win a cookie.

You havn't been with gravity very long, but you understand how the koreans work.

The WP staff does want to work with us, the koreans however couldn't give two craps.

Garvity Corp. should really start to since the game is not doing so hot in Korea, but having played euRO I know how likely that will be.

#38 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

yes because company's never lie to your face... -cough bioware cough-

Not saying i've never been lied to by a company but it does take time to fix things sometimes, I've seen companies that have shut down a game for maint on the spot only to reopen with the bug still there and worse. I just rather wait and see then point a finger saying "you're not doing a thing for us!".

Because I mean if they really intend to not fix anything, then telling them off on the forums probably aint going to force them to fix it anyways. :/

Edit: Btw thanks H.V. for replying in this thread!

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#39 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

What point? That the drop rate decrease is deliberate so that they can sell special drop rate increasing cash shop costumes? You shouldn't let your bias guide you away from actual fact.

#40 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Let me clear this up: this was not an intentional bug. I placed this in the bug report section, as someone had posted, but I guess clarification from some manager was needed. Also, I'd ask to stop comparing the NA version to SEA and kRO2. Guess what? We don't care what they did because look how they're doing now. /endsnarkiness

We have no devs in this office or anyone that can just go and correct it because HQ doesn't want us touching their %!@*. Why? Well we're just their distributor. But they listen to us. It may take one, two, eight months of yelling the same thing over and over again, but if they want to have a successful game, they will have to listen to us.

In my several years in the business, this is my first F2P game I've worked on and still trying to gain balance of what is best for us to still keep the lights on while keeping the community happy. Now is everyone going to be pleased? No. Do I actually make the shots around here? Not really, it's not up to me but I have a say. Probably why I don't behave like most CMs because technically I'm not, and even if I was, I could not spit BS to anyone, because that's not my nature, and why I failed in my CS jobs, ha. I'm rather blunt with people but at least I have some sort of filter.

Anyway, back on-topic, and to sum it up: HQ was out of office (why it hasn't been fixed yet), we told them to fix it, and now we're waiting. I believe it's almost, if not already Saturday in Korea, let's hope they come into the freakin office today. I have a frustrated patience with them too.

~*HV*~

So... you basically have to do this?

YOU:Posted ImageFIX IT!

#41 HelVerdandi

HelVerdandi

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

So... you basically have to do this?

YOU:Posted ImageFIX IT!

Saldy, this reminds me of my last relationship.

#42 Artamie

Artamie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

It's a painful wait though. I've finished my RHD equipment but I'm still separated from bapho normal by 4 scratch cards because people tell me I have to have near 5k unbuffed hp before they're even willing to let me try. With Scratch at 200z a piece and very difficult to find it's going to be awhile... I just hope everyone in my guild doesn't finish with bapho before the fix is completed.

:p_cry:

#43 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

@Art, I totally know the card feeling, I just got to 50 when the bug was going on. :p_sad:

We can hunt them together when the bug is fixed if you like! :p_hi:

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#44 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

~*HV*~

Hel, I'm starting to fall in totally platonic awesome best friend love with you. Don't ever change, unless its like... To better yourself or something beneficial for you or your health.

Edited by ExeltusPendragon, 17 May 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#45 HelVerdandi

HelVerdandi

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

It's a painful wait though. I've finished my RHD equipment but I'm still separated from bapho normal by 4 scratch cards because people tell me I have to have near 5k unbuffed hp before they're even willing to let me try. With Scratch at 200z a piece and very difficult to find it's going to be awhile... I just hope everyone in my guild doesn't finish with bapho before the fix is completed.

Painful for you and me both.

#46 SOS101

SOS101

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Saldy, this reminds me of my last relationship.

awww poor thing here have some drinks!
Posted Image

#47 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:05 AM

lol the manager hasnt even worked for gravity korea, go ask oda how long it takes for korea to let them fix something.

#48 HelVerdandi

HelVerdandi

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

Hel, I'm starting to fall in totally platonic awesome best friend love with you. Don't ever change, unless its like... To better yourself or something beneficial for you or your health.

Aww, thank you! You're the reason I'm still coming to work (unless they hate what I'm doing/I get fed up and fire me/quit, ya know, the usual).

;)

#49 vonnegut

vonnegut

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:RO2: Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

You can try it, but he hits you extremely hard and 5k unbuffed is what keeps you alive unfortunately. Even if people kill bapho once, it's not enough to equip the entire guild, so they'll still need you to help out.

#50 HelVerdandi

HelVerdandi

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

lol the manager hasnt even worked for gravity korea, go ask oda how long it takes for korea to let them fix something.

I've already been told by Oda and others on RO1, well, pretty much every other game, so I'm glad of that much... for them? That's frustrating.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users