Is the "DROP RATE BUG" really a bug? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Is the "DROP RATE BUG" really a bug?

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#51 NekoLady

NekoLady

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationMy Room
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Great all my friends are quiting :(

#52 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Aww, thank you! You're the reason I'm still coming to work (unless they hate what I'm doing/I get fed up and fire me/quit, ya know, the usual).

;)

I ditto what Exeltus said! Love you Mama Hel~ :D

#53 9112130504034320237

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

I want to play the game, I'm addicted, but I also want normal drop rates, this is driving me nuts.

#54 Smoketastic

Smoketastic

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Great all my friends are quiting :(

Happening to me aswell.

And i myself have this horrible dropbug..... sigh

#55 MutekiElements

MutekiElements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:35 AM

well for now I started playing an alt, gives me a chance to try out Rogue.

#56 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

You are breaking forum rules, specifically: No conspiracy threads and spreading fear, uncertainty and doubt. It is quite clear from your post that you're intentionally spreading fear. Mainly because you fail to provide any proof, but also because you make these wild accusations, even though the community manager has already stated that it is a bug.

Here's my perspective: Have fun with your warning or possible suspension.

You make me laugh. This is a valid concern, not just slander on my part. The facts are there. SEA drop rates HAVE LOWERED. There is a new cash shop item that RAISES DROP RATES! I cant help you to see. youll have to make up your own mind as to whats what. All im doin is providing a topic based on FACTS! You are free to refute them.

#57 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

I agree there is a point to be made, it needs to be addressed but I'd rather have them spend a few days figuring out why its happening than just assuming "this will fix it!" then breaking the game more.

There is a balance and I think its good to analyze the situation for a bit instead of jumping in a ocean that can possibly contain sharks. Besides I don't find it super bad and I am in both the higher tier areas and the lower tiers with two different characters right now, there are and have been games with worse drop rate systems.

Mind you Im not saying its good or they should just 'analyze' for a crazy time period like a month but I personally can wait till this upcoming tuesday.

I'd also like to add that he may have a point but correct me if im wrong, the poster doesn't seem to be complainting or pointing out that they need to fix it.

Rather it seems to me he is just saying gravity may have intentionally lowering it purposely and lied to the community and possibly warpportal, meaning that rule is valid.

(And if there is a concern, the two links that were posted earlier can be used to express that concern with the current issue.)

I would think i wouldn't have to post "they need to fix this" Its real simple that they do. All i was suggesting was that this WAS implemented on SEA severs. SO with that said could it be possible that some of SEAs code made it to this update? I dont know, im posing the question. since its a copy/paste version of SEA ro2 game. If they said they were goin to fix it then fine. let them fix it. But it does seem fishy that a loot nerg hits US sever not long after it hits SEA sever. Say what you want, but thats not a speculation. its a fact.

#58 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:50 AM

You make me laugh. This is a valid concern, not just slander on my part. The facts are there. SEA drop rates HAVE LOWERED. There is a new cash shop item that RAISES DROP RATES! I cant help you to see. youll have to make up your own mind as to whats what. All im doin is providing a topic based on FACTS! You are free to refute them.

"Facts" based on *another version*. <_< Oh, really?

#59 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

What point? That the drop rate decrease is deliberate so that they can sell special drop rate increasing cash shop costumes? You shouldn't let your bias guide you away from actual fact.

and that fact is?

#60 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

http://forums.warppo...narok-online-2/

<Oda: I would appreciate if we could avoid discussion/publicizing/linking to rival versions of the game. The NA server that we will be hosting will be an entirely separate entity from the SEA competition, and we will have more news and subforums set up when beta time comes around!>

Thanks for your time ;)
Edited by Oda, 17 January 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#61 blizzraga

blizzraga

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

"Facts" based on *another version*. <_< Oh, really?

Its not 3 separate games. Its the same! even HV said that they have to wait to get word from the heads in Korea to fix the issue. These Gms aren't working there own code to create the completely different game. We may not have everything those other games have (ATM) but its all the same code. I cant pretend to know the ins and outs of the process were now waiting on. HV shed some light on that in this thread however. But the fact remains that WP NEEDS the say from the Koreans to do anything with the game. It doesent matter anyway. This flaming turd of a game is getting what it deserves.

This game is a far cry from the iro i knew back in 04. sad to see this happen to such a treasured title i held dear as one of my first introductions to the MMO.

#62 Tillis

Tillis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

Its not 3 separate games. Its the same! even HV said that they have to wait to get word from the heads in Korea to fix the issue. These Gms aren't working there own code to create the completely different game. We may not have everything those other games have (ATM) but its all the same code. I cant pretend to know the ins and outs of the process were now waiting on. HV shed some light on that in this thread however. But the fact remains that WP NEEDS the say from the Koreans to do anything with the game. It doesent matter anyway. This flaming turd of a game is getting what it deserves.

This game is a far cry from the iro i knew back in 04. sad to see this happen to such a treasured title i held dear as one of my first introductions to the MMO.

How wonderful you brought up what Hel said, seeing you've read her post then you'd remember this part of what she said right?

Fyce, I LOL'ed in this quiet (at the moment) office.

Let me clear this up: this was not an intentional bug. I placed this in the bug report section, as someone had posted, but I guess clarification from some manager was needed. Also, I'd ask to stop comparing the NA version to SEA and kRO2. Guess what? We don't care what they did because look how they're doing now. /endsnarkiness

And read what Tkwan said too.

Edited by Tillis, 17 May 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#63 musashidon

musashidon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

This flaming turd of a game is getting what it deserves.

anything you say from this point is worthless insults is not an discuss it's just a childish way of saying you have nothing better to say or anything to back up what you are telling people.

stop QQing in every thread you're in an quit pls ty <3

#64 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

Didn't I say big companies are nothing but greedy bastards? If these big companies really cared then why do most big companies have support service from india that can BARELY speak English. Because it's cheaper.
This is just an example. Of course if they really cared about the community here then they would of gotten rid of hack shield and GOTTEN MORE SERVERS and more staff but like I said so many times, it's all about the money. They don't give a hoot.
Don't give me that whole "oh that means we don't have to carry over account to other server" crap, what you guys are doing is like getting a 4x4 box and shoving millions of things in that box even if it overflow or breaks.

#65 ExeltusPendragon

ExeltusPendragon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

GOTTEN MORE SERVERS

But brah, even at peak all the channels are still open.

#66 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

But brah, even at peak all the channels are still open.

Then why do me and other always DC or lag? it's not my connect and I disable everything but the kitchen sink.

#67 Illana

Illana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Then why do me and other always DC or lag? it's not my connect and I disable everything but the kitchen sink.

you playing on channel 1 maybe?

#68 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

its for sure a bug, I started 2 new toons and both times the pocket watch didn't drop ;_; that's got to be confusing new players staring at their khara

#69 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

you playing on channel 1 maybe?

I tried all of the channels.

I think the connection rating is based how many people on a channel but the server is the total amount of each people in all channels.

#70 9112130504034320237

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

its for sure a bug, I started 2 new toons and both times the pocket watch didn't drop ;_; that's got to be confusing new players staring at their khara

Well, that confirmes that it is indeed a bug then. I'm itching to play but I don't want to progress further until this is fixed. I guess I could go back and farm job materials and hunt cards...

#71 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

The drop rate issue was not intended, and we are in the process of fixing it.

There isn't a conspiracy.

#72 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'm sure you can understand the situation. Such a huge game breaking bug that's driving customers away... And it's taking this long to fix? Ofcourse people are going to start drawing conclusions. This needed to be fixed a lot sooner.

#73 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

Mulder and Scully told me something completely different though...

#74 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm sure you can understand the situation. Such a huge game breaking bug that's driving customers away... And it's taking this long to fix? Ofcourse people are going to start drawing conclusions. This needed to be fixed a lot sooner.

It's hardly "Game breaking", since it doesn't affect everyone/everything. <_< Just calm your chops and proceed in an orderly fashion.

Edited by ODKN, 18 May 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#75 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

Njoror, you guys should just yell at the ones sending you these patches without every single change noted in them. Pavlov would agree that you need to condition them to cater to iRO2's needs and not theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users