Item Scams and You - Page 2 - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Item Scams and You

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 leiand

leiand

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:21 PM

Sorry this dont work unless WP is in your favor and liking. Otherwise its just well nothing!

#27 hanspcc

hanspcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:05 AM

a new scam happening in thor

just yesterday someone was selling dark illusion card, so we agreed on price but then he asks me what headgear im putting it into so i answered +9cod, so here is where the scam starts, he stells me dl card adn other mini boss cards isnt tradeable and i have to give him my headgear so he will card it himself then trade again and thats the time i have to pay him

i didnt agree with this of course but he is trying to do it everyday , just posting this for newbies to be aware

#28 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:39 AM

it's not really a scam unless he decides to steal your item. certain cards ARE account bound now so that's the only way to trade without GM intervention.

What should be done in this case is that the person holding the card pays the person with the headgear zeny or collateral equal to the worth of the headgear. then the person cards the headgear, and then trades back the carded headgear to the card buyer, with the card buyer returning the collateral and also paying for the card.

Otherwise you will both need to raise a support and have a GM transfer the card for you. tickets are really not worth the hassle unless the card is worth billions IMO.

#29 hanspcc

hanspcc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:59 PM

oh ok, so dl card is account bound does that include deviling card also?, didtnt see in database that says dl is account bound

#30 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 10:16 AM

deviling and ghostring cards are also account bound. angeling and arcangeling are not, from what i've seen.

#31 gatygun

gatygun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:20 AM

Why not just report the dude that scammed you, GM's can just rerol the money back towards you and ban the user IP = character and all his other main characters with it.

I don't see the issue. The items are just numbers in there database anyway and probably have a unique ID which can be tracek back all the way.

Edited by gatygun, 09 January 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#32 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 06:26 AM

what part of it's not a scam didn't you get

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users