Lu Bu's EXTREME BATTLE TACTICS DO-IT-ALL WARRIOR GUIDE - Swordman - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lu Bu's EXTREME BATTLE TACTICS DO-IT-ALL WARRIOR GUIDE

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:56 AM

Posted Image

Posted ImageDISCLAIMER: This is a late game build, do not attempt at home too early on.Posted Image

Broken Table of some content:

1. I guess some form of intro is in order.

2. Battle Tactics!

3. Builds and Stats

4. How do I shot int???

5. PvP

6. Some other crap

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I guess some form of intro is in order.

WAARRRGH, I am Lu Bu. I play warriors in EVERY GAME. I have a horrible fetish for running up to people and STRANGLE the lights out of their eyes. Naturally when I started RO2 I have no choice but to play Warrior.

To my horror, I felt very weak while I was leveling and thanks to my GL God who completely screwed me over. I was forced to solo most of the content to level 50 instead of the planned SPIN TO WIN TO 50 GG I had planned with the others. During this time, another solo leveler formerly in guild who was rushing to 50, PvP (I am pretty sure he is server 2nd to lvl 50) was gradually pulling further and further ahead of me because he destroys the hell out of every mob in record time as a ranger. I was SO EXTREMELY ANGRY, I SMASHED MY MONITOR IN TWO. A moment of clarity came when I discovered the POWER of Battle Tactics at around like lvl 30 or so when I was deciding on where to spend some of my extra points. I HIT SO HARD IT CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7cYY0CBFxc

6/27/2013: I USED MY SUPER POWERFUL BATTLE TACTICS TO ACHIEVE SERVER FIRST RAT MASTER THE HARDEST BOSS WITH REAL MUSCLES !!

Posted Image

As proof that I am the real deal and not making **** up, I wear a face mask ALL THE TIME and donate to char....well I guess volunteering for a charity event for 3 hours in HIGH SCHOOL COUNTS TOO RIGHT!!?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Battle Tactics!

Battle Tactics is an excessively overpowered passive: For the price of mere 2 skill points you too can have a % damage multiplier (0.4x) in your critical damage for each point of int you have. In simple terms, in the LATE GAME YOUR CRITICAL IS A CRITICAL THAT WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

What's that? You say that Warriors naturally has low agi and int and therefore battle tactics is not as strong as I claim? THAT'S FOOLISH!! Thanks to all the stat boosts this game enjoys handing out in the form of terribly expensive costumes, super titles, potions, runes, and wizard buff slaves, battle tactics is actually SUPER VIABLE!

Yah. Once you get late enough into the game to get all that int this guide will easily open your TEEMO EYES LIKE IT DID FOR ME!

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Builds and Stats

Without further Adieu, Lu Bu's HIGH POWERED CRITICAL TANK BUILD

Right now, I am a warrior with 7.4k Max HP with a 20~25% chance of a SUPER POWERED CRITICAL SHOT that does around ~5k damage with defender. I am sure I can do more once I rid myself of this god damn Goblin Leader weapon for something epic. I have also ran all hard mode raids with minimal effort on my part because I am Lu Bu and I am really strong.

Crucial skills for this build explained:

Berserk: Do you like to constantly multiply things? Because that's what berserk will help you do.
Rage Strike: Big Numbers? No problem. KS in Arena? No problem. Has a bit of a cool-down though.
Endure: I am still not entirely sure if you can max out parrying after the 70% cap, but honestly even if so endure will lower your damage taken even further after a natural parry for an emergency.
Defender: What separates the wheat from the chaff? Gettng a crap load of defensive stats to make your HP more effective.

As for the other skills, I either didn't get a chance to put any points into them because I am all out of points, or they are crap and not worth taking. I probably don't need to explain why, but feel free to ask if you are not sure.

As for stats, although I greatly value the idea of distributing my stat points evenly to get more stats per points, you can also try other varations like:
33 Int / 33 Agi / 32 Vit
36 Int / 36 Agi / 25 Vit
40 int / 40 vit/ 8 agi (or swap int for agi)

WHOA THERE, you say, why are you leaving strength out bro? Well, that's because as a warrior your armor and weapons already comes with a crap ton of str, not to mention after a certain point you will have your parry maxed out and then you will be left with a half effective stat that gives you 2 atk power per point, whoa there.

On the other hand, Agi and Int increases your POWER EXPONENTIALLY the higher you can get them thanks to the power of percentages, not to mention Agi can also be a defensive stat in the form of dodge.

However, no matter what you do you must never abandon vit. A warrior without vit is an ineffective warrior!

If you are feeling adventurous, you can also try a DPS variation For awhile I have points in Aura Blade so I can transform into a DPS Warrior and off-tank whenever I feel! (I also swap gears mid battle because I am EXTREMELY HARDCORE)

However, ever since I became main-tank because it was found that no DPS could ever get hate off of me; I've since stopped doing it. After all, enrage timers has to be beat, the main tank must bring out the RAID DPS' TRUE POTENTIAL!

Posted Image

Once I get my opening crit in, gg no re, you will never catch up.

As for off-tanking, everyone already know that Warriors is far and away the best, but this build will make your brandish storm a complete nightmare! Just think of Garen with an infinity edge! DEMACIA!

If you plan to run full DPS warrior, you can try too, but I don't know if you can really convince others to take you over dedicated DPS classes. I am sure you would do REAL WELL WITH ALL THE HIGH DAMAGE CRIT THOUGH! If you guys ever get a chance try it let me know, since I doubt I will ever be able to get away from tanking :(

THIS IS A PROGRESSION TABLE SINCE EVERY DAMN GUIDE HAS IT I MUST HAVE ONE TOO SO I DREW THIS WITH MY MUSCLES! FOLLOW THIS AND YOU WILL BE SUPER SAIYAN

Posted Image

How do I shot moar int???

Now that the main chasis of this build has been built, we need to attach fancy crap to the hull of this build. Things like:

Runes: (Or G-ems as my German friends says it)

Agi Rune - Sometimes, you just need more crit, our gears usually don't give too many of that, these runes can change this.
Int Rune - I usually go with Agi, because having more chance to crit = greater DPS. But if you like to one shot someone with a surprise crit, then by all means stack damage.
Vit Rune - More life, less chance you get one shotted by some weird ass thing bapho did. It also makes you look more pro because you have a bigger number than everyone else.

Cards:

Green crap like Le...I mean Scratch Thief Cards / Poisona cards
If you feel a bit richer, aim for Mini-Mongi cards and the Allurement Sonata set (Fatal Mesmerizing Ramos + friends), or I guess just anything with a great amount of agi/int/vit.

Food: (Or whatever the level 40 versions of them are)

Stomach Meat Roll - For extra damage and CRIT. I get it even if I am a tank, because a good tank is a tank that never loses hate.
Soul Shifting Barbeque - If for some reason I need more defense, a good defense food can never go wrong!

Potion:

Master Dex Potion: I usually like going with this, the boost version allows me to build my early hate even quicker than before!
Master Int Potion: I don't actually like this potion too much for the same reason that crit chance is better IMO.
Master Health Potion: For especially tough bosses that demands survival. A good health potion + endure can keep me from getting one shot by something that those lazy priests should've barriered me for.

PvP

In PvP, Warriors is most certainly at the bottom of the barrel. With amazing disadvantages such as being a melee with an unreliable gap closer (I mean Battle leap not only requires you to take a second to aim, but also cannot be used while moving, oh and if you get CC'd you are barred from using it too!) a terrible damage rotation thanks to RNG Rage mechanics and although we have a heal, it sucks in PvP because it not only REQUIRES PRECIOUS RAGE but also comes with a long ass cool-down. -- Long story short, there is usually no way for a warrior to win 1v1 against competent players of most classes, except of course, unless you CRIT THEM FOR OVER 9000 DAMAGE! That is the great advantage of having battle tactics, a OHKO that simply comes from NOWHERE will surely be a great tale for the next family gathering or high school reunion. Of course, if you don't crit or miss with your rage strike you can just kiss your ass good-bye, because the next shot will never come again.

In Colosseum however, thanks to everyone being completely motivated by greed and will chase after squishier classes (or low health), you can usually go running around stealing kills WITH A SOLID 5k CRIT you will get sometimes (no thanks to Colo's auto stat balance) and then hide in a room FOR GREAT JUSTICE. Our disadvantages are still there though, so just score the kill and chillax or run away somewhere, because god forbid if your health ever gets low...

Also, get a guild or something that will prebuff you with crit buffs before you enter. If you feel extra spendy for victory, grab the crit food and potions too! It is WAR, one must do whatever it takes.

Here's a video of the crap I do to secure victory with my gimped pvp class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7slIdgYeFWo

Really just a fluke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deeJ6n9QJTM&feature=youtu.be

Lu Bu vs Mushroom Kingdom (well okay maybe not vs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DElqvRLxyE8

13K in colo, completely accidental

Some other crap

In conclusion, I must say I am pretty terrible at this making guides look all pretty crap. I just feel like sharing my thoughts about battle tactics in a simple way because I love communism and that sharing is caring. Hopefully battle tactics will change your view of Warriors and even give you a completely different play style as opposed to before.

Everything is 100% my opinion but you can probably change that if you give me some replies. I'm sure I can also probably cover more stuff, but since I just made this last night I'll update later when I feel like it. I am also sure battle tactics will help knight a **** ton as well, but as I never played a knight I cannot go into details with this.

Edited by LuBuFengXian, 28 June 2013 - 06:17 PM.

#2 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

if that gets you a diaochan maybe :P (ill stick to some nub full dps tho :x)
supersaiyan hulk beating puny gods to death, good that someone knows about such old china warrior ^^

#3 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:15 AM

LMFAO. server first server first thread of server first warrior

#4 SolidJelly

SolidJelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

LOL +1 for humor & +9000 for super saiyan pic

#5 Icysheep

Icysheep

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

Dude, your video is hilarious and yes, battle tactics is SUPER FUN!

#6 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

I think I've found myself a new idol.

#7 Kuroitsuki

Kuroitsuki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

Excellent guide and your video is super hilarious, you made my day.

6:21
STOP MOVING!!! ARE YOU ESCAPING FROM ME!!! LET ME HIT YOU!!! ARRRGGH!!!

:rofl:

#8 Timmmt

Timmmt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

I recommend getting an Honor Knightage Magic Necklace you can swap into during battles for that big deeps.

I don't know about dropping Bash and AuraStrike entirely though. With RageStrike, you consume 50 Rage per target, so if there's an add by the boss, you could lose 50-100 Rage from one RS, which could hurt your dps/survivability if you aren't aware of what's around you.

Also, I think level 3 BrandishStorm isn't very useful in many of the later dungeons. AoD adds have 40k+ hp. Doing 700 damage per BS will take forever to kill them and you'll have problems with enrage if even one player is spending too much time on the adds. In fact, most endgame raids just spam pets to take care of the adds. Mermaid level 3 does over 600 dot damage on all mobs PER SECOND.

#9 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

WAARRGH! Then it is even more imperative that I grab the hate of these adds in fewer spins and keep them from friend FOREVER.

But you are right and I do recognize the problem with dropping bash and aura strike, so I might drop some points from brandish for that. But for now I just go berserk and let my crit do all the talking!

Well that and it's current use allows me to mob all the lero...I mean scratch thieves by packing them up into a clump and tearing their asses apart FOR GREAT CARD JUSTICE.

Edited by LuBuFengXian, 22 May 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#10 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

You're probably going to have a bulldozer streak later on when Tier 3 Epics release. Warriors/Knights walking around with 35~45% Critical Rate and 500~700 INT. I bet you could imagine the great ecstasy a [Battle Tactics] swordsman would feel when that arrives.

#11 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Question. What do you do when your Rage is at 100 and your Rage Strike CD is still up?

#12 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

Smash them 3 times with aura strike of course, it's still a good skill even at lvl 1 (Especially with my crits). Or tension relax if I need it. Our rotation kinda sucks balls.

It is actually THE REASON I picked up battle tactics in the first place.

#13 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:13 PM

Smash them 3 times with aura strike of course, it's still a good skill even at lvl 1 (Especially with my crits). Or tension relax if I need it. Our rotation kinda sucks balls.

It is actually THE REASON I picked up battle tactics in the first place.

Very well, I will try that build :)

#14 Suikoden6

Suikoden6

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

my build for warrior is

31 str, 31 agi, 36 int
me with rhd gears, can catch up to a knights agro/threat with bapho/pve gears. my rage strike hits 3.8k now with 2 pc pve & 1 pc bapho with goblin weapon, but with rhd it hits 2.8-3k critical with goblin weapon. Without goblin weapon i hit around 2.4-2.6k critical. This is only with rage strike.

for me to reach top agro, i get to 100 rage, do rage strike, then bowling bash + bash brings me instantly back up to 100 rage, then do 3 asura strike.

#15 Elysion

Elysion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

what do you think of lowering head crush to 1 (i realize 2 is a good increase in the dot, but dots cant crit) and rage strike to 3 to raise bash to 4? It seems like bash is the main single target spam attack here and if you look at it like this.

2 more into rage is a 10% over 20 seconds (its cooldown) increase. 1 more in head crush is a 10% over 20 second increase as well (+1% every 2 seconds over 20 seconds).

So in a 20 second time frame thats 20% attack power damage increase.
Raising bash from 1 to 4 gives you a 6% increase per bash

Im pretty sure you use bash at least 4 times in 20 seconds(when not spinning), no?

I realize that both having a stronger dot and a harder hitting rage strike is potentially beneficial in the coloseum. But... warrior.

Edited by Elysion, 23 May 2013 - 02:09 AM.

#16 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:20 AM

Nah, that train of thought is one of maximizing DPS in a PvE environment where you can stand around. That is not important here because while this build can achieve some crazy DPS, we will never be able to truly maximize it unless we are running pure DPS build. (And let me tell you, Vigor + Rage Strike is hardcore secks) Only reason I even have head crush 2 is because of the DoT. I mean let's face it, you are not going to be able to sit still and bash very often.

Also, Rage Strike has to be maxed for it's main purpose, which is for that SUPER DUPER OMEGA ULTRA CRIT MULTIPLIER OHKO. If you are going to get rage strike, you have to max it. It is the only skill warrior have to be viable in KS land. As for PvE, an early spike of threat is essential because it means your DPS can get started on the boss earlier.

Edited by LuBuFengXian, 23 May 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#17 Mistori

Mistori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:32 PM

Just curious, have you or anyone compared the damage difference between a level 5 Rage Strike (90% dmg) vs level 1 Rage Strike (71%)?

#18 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

It's rather sizable. For example: my attack power in Colosseum is 2320. My int is colo is around 50 so Battle tactics gives 20% more damage --

lvl 1 Rage strike: 2320*0.71 = 1647.2 * 2.2 = 3623.84 crit with battle tactics
lvl 5 Rage Strike: 2320*0.9 = 2088 * 2.2 = 4593.6 crit with battle tactics

See that? That is a MASSIVE INCREASE, and this is just in the Colosseum. In the outside world I have around 170 int and can probably go for more once I do a restat.

#19 infamouskt

infamouskt

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this build viable for leveling up?

#20 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Not really, battle tactics is a force multiplier, so it's viable only as you get stronger. I had it early because I've got magnum break early (thanks to me having to tank wolves' cave)

I got by for the most part though, since RAGE STRIKE messes people up pretty bad and Tension Relax helps me get past the elite monsters at the end of some quest chains.

#21 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

Yeah, I realized how it's easy to stack Int via equipment, accessories, cards, etc outside of Stat allocations. I've included Battle Tactics into my Off-Tank Warrior build for that sole purpose! Seeing 1.5k Crits on monsters with Rage Strike at Lv40 is pretty amazing.

Ironically, just today I ended up being the sole survivor of an encounter with the Giant Centipede in an HoDP run! Everyone else had died and I was the last person standing somehow. A series of Crits saved me at the end when it had roughly 2k hp left. Seriously wish I could have recorded that one!

Also, Zhao Yun says hi.

Edited by GuardianTK, 23 May 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#22 Skyton

Skyton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationFrance (62)

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:25 AM

WAARRGH! Then it is even more imperative that I grab the hate of these adds in fewer spins and keep them from friend FOREVER.

But you are right and I do recognize the problem with dropping bash and aura strike, so I might drop some points from brandish for that. But for now I just go berserk and let my crit do all the talking!

Well that and it's current use allows me to mob all the lero...I mean scratch thieves by packing them up into a clump and tearing their asses apart FOR GREAT CARD JUSTICE.

So did you change something in your build ?

#23 GotBetter

GotBetter

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

nice guide LuBu :heh:

#24 Shneibel

Shneibel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:16 AM

I dont understand the important if VIT, if you put in 32 VIT it ll be 32*6 + 20% = 230,4 more hp, that is not a lot or worth it

and I do have in mind the same build with battle tactic(BT) but with another way around
STR 31
AGI 49

no point in INT, and I plan to get INT from jewel.

As a raw calculate from full INT jewel from colo (only as exampler, you dont need to use colo INT set, but the better the jewel, the more dmg you gain) it give 163 INT, it give 65% with BT lvl 2

Edited by Shneibel, 25 May 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#25 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I dont understand the important if VIT, if you put in 32 VIT it ll be 32*6 + 20% = 230,4 more hp, that is not a lot or worth it

That 230 extra HP is very useful, especially in raids. It could be the difference between surviving and AoE and having to get ressed/use a spinel, and surviving and saving res cooldowns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users