Infinite loop of "queryRegionInfo" - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Infinite loop of "queryRegionInfo"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KonaCoffee

KonaCoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:23 AM

Sometimes (like now) I try to open the Ragnarok Renewal client I get several errors then I get stuck on the error that says "attempt to call a nil value" with the title being "queryRegionInfo". I'll get stuck on this infinite loop of pressing the OK button but the exact same error comes up. The only way I can get rid of the error is by resetting my laptop. I recently uninstalled and installed the whole Ragnarok client in an attempt to fix this problem however it didn't help (well thats not true, it fixed the problem of logging in to find that all my characters are gone)

This happens to me when I open the client normally and when I open as admin, is anyone else getting the same problem?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

Sounds like the same issue as here. Try this workaround: http://forums.warppo...fotable-failed/

#3 KonaCoffee

KonaCoffee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

You're amazing!! Thank you!

#4 MagnaCrux

MagnaCrux

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

In case you get stuck in an infinite loop again, you can just start your task manager (press CTRL+ALT+DEL, then select "Task Manager", or right-click your tray and start Task Manager this way), then search for "ragexe.exe" and kill the application this way. While Azzy's workaround is faster, this one applies to most all infinite loops - and it's a good deal quicker than resetting your computer, I promise.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:55 AM

In case you get stuck in an infinite loop again, you can just start your task manager (press CTRL+ALT+DEL, then select "Task Manager", or right-click your tray and start Task Manager this way), then search for "ragexe.exe" and kill the application this way. While Azzy's workaround is faster, this one applies to most all infinite loops - and it's a good deal quicker than resetting your computer, I promise.

Well, this stops the loop, but it will happen again the moment you next try to start RO. I assume OP was already doing this.

Rebooting the system flushes the disk cache, which slows down the RO client, so it doesn't (or is less likely to) try to access the GRF before the patcher releases it.

Edited by DrAzzy, 23 May 2013 - 10:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users