[Class: Magician] Bugs and possibly exploits - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Class: Magician] Bugs and possibly exploits

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

This is a very important bug, please don't ignore this thread!

I think the team missed or overlook this:

Spells which require procs to activate certain skills should change their activation timer from "when hitting the enemy" to "after firing spell X". Why? You will see it in the following text and videos.

Magician Class:

Mastery Bug:
Masteries like Fire Bolt Mastery(Magician) or Jupitel Thunder Mastery(Sorcerer) don't work properly. When you cast Fireball/Jupitel Thunder while your Fireball/Cold bolt is still flying and you get the proc, you loose the buff immediately when you fire Fireball or Jupitel Thunder. Even if it wasn't an instant cast. A little bit complicated? Don't worry. I will show the issue in a video!

There's also a bug which we can exploit:
The spell Memorize(Sorcerer) grants us 3 free spells as an instant cast, right? If you are fast enough you can even fire 4 spells instantly.

Everything is just a matter of TIMING.

Lets take a closer look at the the "Masteries":

Fire Bolt Mastery
Instantly cast next Fireball with 7%/13%/20% probability when using Fireball skill.

Jupitel Thunder Mastery
Instantly cast next Fireball with 7%/13%/15% probability when using Cold Bolt.

In this Video you will see that the buff disappears because of the bug:
http://youtu.be/egyyhf8WaUk

I messed up the first time =p. That's why I clicked the buff away. I was lucky that the buff triggered with the next Cold Bolt again =p.
I don't have any material for Fire Bolt Mastery, but it doesn't matter since both masteries work the same way. There's also a topic for only the Fire Ball Mastery here.

Now lets take a closer look at Memorize:
Instantly cast your next 3 skills from memory, without the need of any cast time. (Recast after 240/210/180/150/120 sec.)
The skill says "next 3 skills".

In this video you will see the next 4 skills to become instant:
http://youtu.be/JTaAEieJ4FE

(I forgot to turn off the anime radio while capturing, sorry qq)

As you could see, I was fast enough to cast Cold Bolt before Jupitel Thunder reached the target and because of that, Memorize didn't deactivate fast enough and I was able to cast the 4th spell, Cold Bolt, as an instant as well.

I want to point at it one more time: Everything is just a matter of TIMING. That's why you should think about changing the timing when the skills trigger. Wizards and Sorcerers suffer under the "Masteries" but on the other hand Sorcerers can exploit "Memorize". There are animation bugs as well, see here.

(( Edit: Another way to fix this would be that the system realizes that the player didn't used the Spell as an instant. This way the buff won't disappear and we can fire our instant after the cooldown. ))

If there are any other spells, which work like the ones i mentioned in this topic, please add them!

Please keep this post up!

Edited by Mondaiji, 22 May 2013 - 03:39 PM.

#2 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Booth videos are private.
But as a Wizard i can say, it suck sometimes. And learned to only cast fireball if the instant icon appear to not waste it.

#3 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Server:Loki

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for telling me! You should be able to see them now ^^

#4 5489130505100655753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

i've noticed the jupitel thunder mastery problem as well. like c'mon now, i actually want to use that instant cast sometimes ! it's especially frustrating on bosses ugh.

#5 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

another bug - even if your get an instant fireball proc, you cannot use the instant on the run - you have to stop and stand still to use it

#6 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yes, I remember that Fire Ball Mastery proc thread. I only have experience with Wizards in this regard, though I can probably explain this issue as the game not being able to distinguish between a Fire Ball/Jupitel Thunder cast before the proc appears and one cast after. However, my opinion is that, at least for the Fire Ball one, this shouldn't be a problem in practice. Because of Fire Ball's longer cast time, and since its DoT is afaik the weakest among Fire Ball, Fire Seal, and Fire Flower, I find it helps your DPS to only use Fire Ball at the start of a battle or when you actually see the proc come up. I'm not familiar with how Jupitel Thunder fits into a DPS chain for Sorcerers, so the canceling procs may or may not be a bigger problem there.

#7 5489130505100655753

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

Yes, I remember that Fire Ball Mastery proc thread. I only have experience with Wizards in this regard, though I can probably explain this issue as the game not being able to distinguish between a Fire Ball/Jupitel Thunder cast before the proc appears and one cast after. However, my opinion is that, at least for the Fire Ball one, this shouldn't be a problem in practice. Because of Fire Ball's longer cast time, and since its DoT is afaik the weakest among Fire Ball, Fire Seal, and Fire Flower, I find it helps your DPS to only use Fire Ball at the start of a battle or when you actually see the proc come up. I'm not familiar with how Jupitel Thunder fits into a DPS chain for Sorcerers, so the canceling procs may or may not be a bigger problem there.

The use of Colt Bolt + Wind Seal creates a 30% chance that a sorc's next thunder skill will have double attack, so it's used pretty often when Varetyr Spear is on cooldown, but it's got a pretty long cast time so i start it right after casting cold bolt. So, when cold bolt hits my target and JT mastery procs for instant cast, i'm already almost done the casting process. It's very frustrating :\.

#8 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:44 AM

Yeah i had reported this some time ago.

#9 Mimimaru

Mimimaru

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

I'm really confused with something. Is it normal to have the Jupitel Thunder Mastery appearing without having learn this skill? I haven't learned the Jupitel Thunder Mastery, nor Jupitel thunder, but the gauge appears when wind seal is activated... o.O Also, when I cast Lightning Bolt, the gauge lowers.

Here is a link to the image, cause i don't kinow how to put it directy on the post, sorry...

http://i.imgur.com/2DOLZMe.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users