#1 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

Okay, As much as i'd like to say :3 ~ There needs to be a dye removal item, i mean
as much as i would like to say (As I've spoken to a GM about this)
Dye removal items should be implemented~ because sometimes there is a dye i don't like and i want to go back to my original color~ but there's a problem, it would mean that i would have to buy more dyes to try and find the original color of my clothing (Which honestly, kinda wastes zeny =x)

the Dye Removal item Should do as clear as simply:
  • Reset the current dye on your clothing as to say for it to automatically remove

Edited by AmiiMii, 23 May 2013 - 03:45 AM.

#2 Viiolent

Viiolent

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

I can see this as a cash shop item. I would buy some. Want to get my cape back to original color lol

#3 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

I'm surprised they didn't include it as a item~ D:

Edited by AmiiMii, 23 May 2013 - 04:47 AM.

#4 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Server:Loki

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

I'm against this idea. Why? Because you know you can fail and get a color you don't want. You take that risk by knowing that. There's a motto called "no risk no fun".

I've also failed once with my recruit costume. I even tried to dye it 4 more times to get a better color, but I failed every time XD

I spent time to search for the perfect color and when I see that my color fills up most of the circle, I pray for it to dominate ^_^.That makes coloring your costumes interesting~ It would be boring otherwise~

#5 SGraye

SGraye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'm against this idea. Why? Because you know you can fail and get a color you don't want. You take that risk by knowing that. There's a motto called "no risk no fun".

I spent time to search for the perfect color and when I see that my color fills up most of the circle, I pray for it to dominate ^_^.That makes coloring your costumes interesting~ It would be boring otherwise~

Indeed.
Why, every time I go shopping for new clothes, I close my eyes and run through the store. Sometimes I end up with blue shirts, at others they're green with vibrant purple polka dots. Even found myself holding some plaid in one hand and lingerie in the other once, but, hey, no risk, no fun, right?

...the dye system is atrocious and intended solely to promote sales. It should not be random, nor will you find this ludicrous implementation in other games. If I want a bloody red cape, I ought to be capable of purchasing (or, better yet, creating) red dye and coloring it. See Guild Wars 2 for a wonderful implementation of a dye mechanic, then take the necessary steps to emulate it.

Edited by SGraye, 24 May 2013 - 11:40 AM.

#6 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

Well there are tricks to painting :D Just gotta find em !

#7 Drizzled

Drizzled

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

Well there are tricks to painting :D Just gotta find em !

There's no tricks to it, you pick an arena with the highest concentration of color you want, then you have a probability of getting that color, I'm for a removal item, I just dyed my armor and got the absolute worst -_- colors imaginable together, and unless i spend another 100z a dye at the AH im stuck with it.

#8 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

Randomized stuff (especially that which you have to pay real money for) is a terrible idea and will just drive people away from the game. They should remove the random chance aspect from anything they expect you to pay real money for.

#9 shomesuke

shomesuke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

i have buy 1 Dye....my costume is now a s h i t....i buy another dye to repair that problem.....its more s h i t........this dye sistem s u c k s

#10 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:05 PM

Sorry for the necro, but I'd like to lend my support to this suggestion. The dye system as it is, is a pretty horribly designed feature, but the addition of a dye reset will at least remove the frustration caused by it. SGraye's response is dead on.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users