Zeny Seller Prevention Methods - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Zeny Seller Prevention Methods

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 GwenevereXOXO

GwenevereXOXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Hi, i know that the zeny sellers spaming at all the cities or are afk-program-botting farming items are a problem, and the worst part is there there are so many of them and all at different locations and times. This makes it really hard to track someone who's botting or will become a spammer.

I have some suggestions for this:

1) I've recently made new character, going to try of the different classes when i've noticed that there was a large mob of botters at the novice training zone! seems like the spammers/ botters (i know they are botters because they clearly don't act like like real players, move in a large group and they also all have weird names, like "kslfhagf")

Since spammers and botter all eventually get banned, but not until they have reached the main cities and began spamming their messages, then the best way of getting rid of them is by manning the novice zones, by placing one moderator at the novice zones at all times, banning the future spammer b4 they can reach the cities. Even if the spammers and botters no longer make weird names or makes their novices without botting, this will still slow down their botting ways. Basically every character must go trough novice training, so they can be easily banned since they are all in one single location.

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

i have suggested this over and over again... and of course its always shot down due to lack of man power... too bad it takes tickets to go through or id just have a character there reporting every bot i saw....

#3 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:36 PM

i would love to sit in the training grounds and just banhammer every bot i saw :ani_slur:

#4 PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
  • Server:Chaos- SMB BABY

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

someone should do a 24-hour video of their cursor on the names of all the people that pass. with 3 + charecters soo if more than 1 are made :D.
from there send it so gms banhammer the IP!!!!

#5 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

or make a captcha confirmation ?

#6 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

i would love to sit in the training grounds and just banhammer every bot i saw :ani_slur:

That would get so boring fast, trust me.

or make a captcha confirmation ?

Won't stop it.

#7 Atrista

Atrista

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Locationbehind you!
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:25 AM

maybe there could be a npc added in there that required you to answer random questions with the answers always in different places, and there could be various different sets of answers, always with the answers in different places, and if you could not get past it then you couldnt leave training grounds? so this would be easy to solve for a normal player, but not so much for a bot i`d imagine?

*edit* i had another idea today that might help to stop bots that are roaming the fields and farming stuff.. i`ve always liked to farm the scorpions two maps south of morroc with equips that drop food, like accessories with snowier cards or witch pumpkin hat + gozarian mask, because the scorpions are very easy to mob and to kill in large numbers, this map also has a dragonfly that drops clips. so, what i noticed is this, in the past, this map used to be infested with bots, likely there farming the dragonfly for clips. but recently, i went down there and it was empty, i even managed to snatch a few clips for myself along with farming the scorpions which is my main goal for going there, i think that is because of malangdo and the cat hand gloves which are easier to get, so clips are no longer as lucrative a business as it used to be. so, my suggestion is to make it easier to obtain common items that bots usually farm, like maybe by adding a vendor npc that sells these items? maybe to keep it balanced the npc could automatically change the prices of its items based on average prices of these items in the market... i think that would slow down bots who farm common items, like white herbs or things to make +20 foods, stuff like that, it would not be interesting for the bots to farm these maps anymore since there's an easier way for normal players to get these items, so they`d no longer buy them from bots, and also it would allow for actual players to farm these maps for their items if they dont wish to buy them. i dont know what kind of impact this would have on our economy, but, i`m just throwing the idea out there

Edited by Atrista, 29 May 2013 - 06:40 AM.

#8 PinoyBoy

PinoyBoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 274 posts
  • LocationThe Moon
  • Server:Chaos- SMB BABY

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

maybe there could be a npc added in there that required you to answer random questions with the answers always in different places, and there could be various different sets of answers, always with the answers in different places, and if you could not get past it then you couldnt leave training grounds? so this would be easy to solve for a normal player, but not so much for a bot i`d imagine?

*edit* i had another idea today that might help to stop bots that are roaming the fields and farming stuff.. i`ve always liked to farm the scorpions two maps south of morroc with equips that drop food, like accessories with snowier cards or witch pumpkin hat + gozarian mask, because the scorpions are very easy to mob and to kill in large numbers, this map also has a dragonfly that drops clips. so, what i noticed is this, in the past, this map used to be infested with bots, likely there farming the dragonfly for clips. but recently, i went down there and it was empty, i even managed to snatch a few clips for myself along with farming the scorpions which is my main goal for going there, i think that is because of malangdo and the cat hand gloves which are easier to get, so clips are no longer as lucrative a business as it used to be. so, my suggestion is to make it easier to obtain common items that bots usually farm, like maybe by adding a vendor npc that sells these items? maybe to keep it balanced the npc could automatically change the prices of its items based on average prices of these items in the market... i think that would slow down bots who farm common items, like white herbs or things to make +20 foods, stuff like that, it would not be interesting for the bots to farm these maps anymore since there's an easier way for normal players to get these items, so they`d no longer buy them from bots, and also it would allow for actual players to farm these maps for their items if they dont wish to buy them. i dont know what kind of impact this would have on our economy, but, i`m just throwing the idea out there

your second idea is bad for the economy. although i would love to see those bots go away.. we can always do what i used to do.. DB spores... xD

#9 Berecus

Berecus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Currently on Hiatus

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

so that explains those weird monsters there when i was leveling up>.>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users