JohnNooodles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Location....
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

A commercial or some kind of big advertisement that many people will see would be amazing for the server. The only people who play both have know about the game since it existed and maybe a few new players who heard about it from a fried and joined them. It would be amazing to see groups of new players leveling in places instead of bots everywhere. Another reason is the same one people rely on bots too much which is farming. New players are great at providing the ingredients we need for our Poison Bottles, Acid Bombs, etc. They make money by selling junk drops from mobs while leveling and we get materials.

Edited by JohnNooodles, 07 June 2013 - 01:54 AM.

#3 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

As a marketing major I second this. It would have to be an online ad, obviously, but you could hit places like Facebook in prominent gaming areas, or on sites that offer links or game downloads. This would be a cost-effective and extremely business savvy decision if you advertised in the right places to the right consumer base.

#4 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:20 PM

question is, who would stay for long? people would definitely check it out if it were advertised but with how classic is right now..... -_-

#5 kbb93

kbb93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

question is, who would stay for long? people would definitely check it out if it were advertised but with how classic is right now..... -_-

Couldn't have said it better myself, thats why I made a "Event Proposal" thread to make the server more fun...hopefully it gets used.

#6 RAWR497

RAWR497

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

We need to advertise better and the current users need to make a good impression on new players and make them feel like this is the server for them if we show them that were not all bots we can recruit more people to the server they will stay long if we show them that classic is fun bots and spammers are really screwing things up but still don't mean cant have fun on the server

Edited by RAWR497, 07 August 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#7 VersusAI

VersusAI

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:12 AM

I came back after looking for a classic server randomly one day last month and found WP actually had the balls to do this. The advertisement on their own site was barely there and somewhat convoluted about how to actually set it up. I had to re-install twice to get the classic server to work. That said, some better install instructions (i.e. making sure to patch in admin mode) would be nice for first time players.

TBH the community has been wicked cool to me, especially considering the last time I played was about 6-8 months after 2-2 and Comodo released it was really cut throat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users