Are there any damage skills i can actually use with that stupid hammer? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Are there any damage skills i can actually use with that stupid hammer?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

All it seems like i can do is equip the hammer while slowly wittling down the enemies hp and wasting potions every like 30 seconds.

Is this the only version with a long potion cooldown? I was watching a video and someone was playing i think the korean version and they were slamming potions down every 2 seconds roughly

#2 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

You could try hitting the monster like you normally would until it's HP drops to near-death, then deliver the killing blow with the hammer. The quest requires that the killing blow be delivered with the hammer. Somehow, these kinds of quests make me think of Pokemon xD

#3 Veloarc

Veloarc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

It doesn't require the killing blow to be delivered with the hammer. All you have to do is have the hammer equipped when the mob dies. Heck, you don't even have to touch the mob (when you are getting powerleveled), you just have to be in the same party as the person who kills it (that person doesn't need a hammer).

#4 glock47

glock47

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

The capture Hammer is for the beginning of the fight or to finish the mob. and if you are a thief, swordman or archer you can't use any skills.

Tip: a magical class can equip it and uses its skills,

As for the pots cd it has been nerfed on Sea server so do Iro server (10 sec) on Kro 2 it is 5 sec. (like the rez cd for the priest and sorc: on Kro 2 5 min and on Iro 2 50 min ...)

#5 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM

The capture Hammer is for the beginning of the fight or to finish the mob. and if you are a thief, swordman or archer you can't use any skills.

Tip: a magical class can equip it and uses its skills,

As for the pots cd it has been nerfed on Sea server so do Iro server (10 sec) on Kro 2 it is 5 sec. (like the rez cd for the priest and sorc: on Kro 2 5 min and on Iro 2 50 min ...)

Ugh, Why is this the potion cooldown so much here? I don't know how many times i've died because the enemy does more damage then the potions can heal, and i don't have time to heal for 1 or 2 last hits. It's really irritating.

Thanks for the hammer tip

Edited by TheArrow, 02 June 2013 - 10:03 PM.

#6 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

Capture quests are pretty weird. The trick I use for them is registering the hammer and my normal weapon to hotkey slots and quickly tapping the hammer shortcut at the killing blow. It usually works well.

As for pot CDs, yeah, I don't know. It was one of those things that was added in non-Korean versions to "add challenge" or whatever. I was wondering earlier if priests wouldn't be completely mandatory in dungeons if the CD was brought down (after 2 hours of trying to find a priest to do a dungeon run.).

#7 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Server:Yet

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

If you are a Magic user (Magician/Acolyte), you can use most of your skills with the Mallet equipped.
If you are a Swordsman or Thief, you can use your skills, then quickly switch to the Mallet. Very handy when you've got your combo/aura gauge maxed, and want to use Deadly Blow/Aura Strike to finish off an enemy.
Archers have the most difficulty with this, as their attacking skills require the Bow and Quiver to be equipped.

In regards to the second question, should it be unchanged, it seems that Vigor lowers the cool down time for item usage as well. (verification requested)

#8 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:01 AM

I've landed the killing blow on my ranger using a skill but swapped weapons before the damage registered twice (doing boas) and I got the captures.

I figure it just need to be equipped regardless of how it gets killed.

#9 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:03 AM

Knights can use shield skills when equips hammer.

#10 GoodLuckTrying

GoodLuckTrying

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:26 AM

Ugh, Why is this the potion cooldown so much here? I don't know how many times i've died because the enemy does more damage then the potions can heal, and i don't have time to heal for 1 or 2 last hits. It's really irritating.

Thanks for the hammer tip

If its cooldown is decreased. Once you have an enemy player spam pots on you on Colo/PvP, you'd then complain at why the potion cooldown is so low. :P

Edited by GoodLuckTrying, 03 June 2013 - 03:26 AM.

#11 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat
  • Server:Prypiat

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

If its cooldown is decreased. Once you have an enemy player spam pots on you on Colo/PvP, you'd then complain at why the potion cooldown is so low. :P

Keep the long CD for PvP and let us use a lower CD for PvE. It should not be all that difficult to code. :thumb2:

#12 GoodLuckTrying

GoodLuckTrying

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:11 AM

Keep the long CD for PvP and let us use a lower CD for PvE. It should not be all that difficult to code. :thumb2:

So you believe solo'ing 90K HP field bosses as a lvl 35 be done if you have over 80 Red potions to use to disregard parties completely? Or you'd suggest to keep long CD when fighting those bosses too? :P

#13 RoseRIP

RoseRIP

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 04:40 AM

If you are a Swordsman or Thief, you can use your skills, then quickly switch to the Mallet. Very handy when you've got your combo/aura gauge maxed, and want to use Deadly Blow/Aura Strike to finish off an enemy.

OMG, I didn't know it was possible to switch weapons during combat. I have been attacking monsters from beginning to end with the hammer by burning potions like crazy. Thanks for the tip.

#14 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:05 AM

So you believe solo'ing 90K HP field bosses as a lvl 35 be done if you have over 80 Red potions to use to disregard parties completely? Or you'd suggest to keep long CD when fighting those bosses too? :P

There is a point at which balance comes in. :wink:
Instant CD is not good. Waiting forever is also not good.

Bosses hit pretty hard as is. Faster pots will not make up enough damage to solo. Instant ones... well that would be rather silly. If you have a good healer in the party then even the faster pots are a waste of Z.

Also, if someone wants to waste two hours and all of the resources needed solo a boss I personally do not have a problem with it. There is no accounting for what people think is fun.
The only drawback I can see to that is that it would be an easy place to put a bot.

____________________________________________________________________________________

As for the hammer... It is like a weapon out of a bad Monty Python skit. And I also did not know at first that you did not have to use the silly thing for the entire fight. :rofl:

#15 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

I pounded the crap out of the baby green peco the first time I did it, then felt kinda bad. :p_swt: I think I realized I could switch weapons on the second capture quest I ran into, though. Now, I find it hilarious to see myself bonking things with the mallet, even more so when multiple people go at it. :p_hi:

#16 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:52 AM

Those mallet are still stronger than the swords I have gotten as a warrior. x_x

#17 Mykey

Mykey

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1607 posts
  • LocationPrypiat

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

I pounded the crap out of the baby green peco the first time I did it, then felt kinda bad. :p_swt: I think I realized I could switch weapons on the second capture quest I ran into, though. Now, I find it hilarious to see myself bonking things with the mallet, even more so when multiple people go at it. :p_hi:

Muhahahahaha!!!!

Posted Image

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Would be nice if I could Brandish Storm with that damn Hammer. I'm pretty sure I would be entertained just from seeing that happen.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

I demand that a squeak sound be played whenever the hammer makes contact with your target.

Posted Image

#20 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

YES

#21 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

Quick question about the hammer. I recently did the green Peco quest and after finishing it I threw away the hammer. Will I get a new one for any other similar quests or did I just screw myself over?

#22 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:52 PM

Quick question about the hammer. I recently did the green Peco quest and after finishing it I threw away the hammer. Will I get a new one for any other similar quests or did I just screw myself over?

Yes, you'll get a new one if you do another capture quest

#23 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

The last capture quest so far is in Divided Plains, IIRC. I believe it's the 6th mallet. This is the one to keep if you do want to keep it..

#24 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:25 PM

If you're talking about Wild Speed, I soloed him last night burning 60 tier 4 reds in the process. Was quite exhilarating, kiting him around.

#25 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Would be nice if I could Brandish Storm with that damn Hammer. I'm pretty sure I would be entertained just from seeing that happen.

Its possible. Slot both weapons on your hot-keys (your great-sword and the hammer), then cast [Brandish Storm] with great-sword equipped. Right after the skill activates, simple simply "equip" the hammer and watch yourself as you spin with the hammer.

This can also be used for many other skills (directed to melee skills, seeing as though people can already cast magic without the switch). I've personally done [Moonlight Drives], [Vulcans], [Rage Strikes], and [Shadow Explosions] (human form for the lolz) with the hammer equipped using the same method.

Edited by Shouichirou, 03 June 2013 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users