iRO Community Raidcall - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 7 votes

iRO Community Raidcall

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
689 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:20 PM

Due to the inability of the developers to fix the increasing security issues on the RaidCall client, the iRO Community RaidCall is now considered inactive. Please do not enter the RaidCall group anymore, as members have moved over to the Discord branch.
Spoiler

Edited by ZeroTigress, 30 April 2018 - 12:09 PM.

#2 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

me and my friend have a raidcall recently made and we are willing to share it with the iRO community :3 (we were not sure if people would be as interested in it though lol)

its nice to get the community together like the RO2 raidcall was.

#3 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:34 PM

This RC server is now the un-official official iRO only server. We do have some RO2 players come in occasionally, however we do not support or have an active RO2 community. We wont deny RO2 players access, but we would prefer the game related chat be RO1 related to not confuse other users. If enough RO2 players join we may consider making an RO2 channel, but we'll leave that discussion for if/when the time comes. 

The number is 6397010.

For those unfamiliar with raidcall, all you need to do when you are searching for a raidcall chat is either type in the name or number if you know them or use ZeroTigress' link in the above post.

Edited by Tkwan, 06 October 2014 - 09:00 PM.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

I was prepared to make one myself, but if one already exists, I'd rather just join up with that than add another one.

I don't think Gravity should run any Raidcall, to be honest, as people would start using that to try to get in contact with GMs and spiral into the land of no fun.

#5 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

lol you have a point there, well the community is free to use ours then xD

If you want more channels or anything specific then feel free to ask, we have no problem with that :3

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

What's the Raidcall ID?

#7 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

The number is 6397010.

What's the Raidcall ID?

^^

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oh, you and Tkwan are talking about the same Raidcall group? Why didn't you say so? :hmm:

#9 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:20 PM

Lol sorry for the confusion xD

#10 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'm not big on pushing things onto people, and I dont want to come off as, or sound conceited, so I don't want to bump this post....However..This is not merely a bump, it's an opening. An opening of doors to a new world of Ragnarok fun-ness (like it was with an unofficial RO2 raidcall). I am sure most guilds and whatnot already have their own voice communications setup though, as I mentioned to tigress and hope when they were in earlier. So, if this raidcall thing doesn't really take off, no worries, it will still remain present and weather the storm (or lack thereof).

Tigriss did make a good point though when she was talking, this would be a great opportunity to bring newby's into RO since the introduction system isn't that great and iRO has a steep initial learning curve.

Even if its not this raidcall server, for the life of iRO, some sort of voice chat where newbs can easily log on request help from experienced players through voice chat or text (raidcall is like upgraded msn/skype/vent all mashed into one) would be a great help to sustaining, and growing population numbers.

#11 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

How do I use raid call!

#12 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Nevermind got it working, no ones on. Obviously because it's 4am.

#13 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

For those curious on how to join, you can download raidcall at http://www2.raidcall...d-raidcall.html

You download it, install, and register an account with raidcall (this is the account you will login with, don't use the same info as your RO login info)

Once you register, either through the main website or the login in the raidcall window, you will need to search for a server.

You can join the one we've spoken about above by going to the search bar and typing "6397010". This is the raidcall ID number that is assigned to each individual raidcall group. Or alternatively, you can attempt to search for a raidcall by game, or by title of the raidcall (this raidcall is currently titled "Realm of Nidhoggur").

Once you enter a group you can request to become a member using a button on near the top bar next to the "Like" button. Once you become a member you can edit your membership name to show what guild and server you belong to.

You edit your membership name simply by right clicking your name and hitting "Edit Membership Name".

I believe the default push to talk button is F2. You can change that multiple ways, the quickest is to click the "push to talk" button in the bottom right of the client, and then make sure the push to talk bubble is selected, then select the chat box and hit the key you want to use to talk. When finished, just click outside of the box that popped up and you're done.

You can change the skin and other various lesser important and aesthetic options with your raidcall as well, but this is only an introductory "how-to".

Toy around with options, you'll figure it out.

For those not keen on speaking, there is a text chat feature right alongside the channel box, that many users opt to use due to a lack of microphone, or simple shyness. Don't be afraid to join because of one of these things, come on in and have fun.

With risk of sounding like a broken record - For those who didn't get to experience the RO2 raidcall, it really adds a whole new depth to the game being able to openly communicate with large swathes of the community and to quickly find parties or answers to your questions. If the raidcall population (this or another, as I said this is not a iRO dedicated raidcall) gets to a moderate point, it will be a blast doing mvp parties, instance runs, gramps TI's, and hosting or participating in community events.

If this raidcall ends up getting large enough, we may migrate to a completely ragnarok dedicated server, but we'll see if this is even a popular idea in the first place.

#14 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

I started using it long ago. But I'm still unable to speak while playing, I mean, if I am not on RC window I can speak. So when I'm playing RO with friends, doing ET and stuff, I have to alt+tab it so I can speak, and it's pretty annoying.. My fellas told me to run it as admin, I did that, but still, it doesn't work. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Have you tried pressing F2 when you're on the RC window?

#16 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 04 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

try using mouse freedom, that made it work for me in regards to not having to tab over

#17 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:44 PM

People should use this more. It would be cool to talk to other RO players while i play RO

#18 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

What does exactly F2 do on RC window? o.o
Mouse freedom worked, but it's not that good. I found the problem, it was because I used a key from my mouse, and it didn't let me use it while playing RO. It's weird you know, 'cause I use a similar key on my mouse to speak on TeamSpeak, and I have no problems with that. I just changed the key to CTRL, it's annoying, but it's all I can do. Wheel mouse doesn't work either. I mean, it's better to use a key from the mouse to speak, rather than one from the keyboard, when you have a microphone and not a headset.

#19 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Did you open it as admin? That happens with ventrillo.

#20 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Yup, I already tried that, opened RC as admin and opened RO as admin, nothing happens. It just works if I use any other key that has nothing to do with the mouse :(

#21 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:20 PM

I shall add this when I get home xP

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

Surely there are more people in this community who want to hear my voice and make fun of it. :hmm:

#23 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

I want to hear your voice, but not to make fun of it.

I deleted all of the other channels in that raidcall now. I gave the guys in my vent the option to move over to raidcall, and they said they'd rather stay with vent. So this raidcall is purely RO1 now.

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I want to hear your voice, but not to make fun of it.

Don't discourage the community!

#25 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

I want to hear your voice, just like a few other of the community members as well lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users