Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ragnarok 2 US Patch Notes – June 5, 2013

1. Kafra Shop (New Items)

A. VIP Package (New Spore Name Tag) Same effect as May VIP, but different Avatar! (We will soon have a toggle to make your own VIP go invisible for easier visibility)

B. Premium Mount Box III rare chance of permanent red footed tortoise, otherwise normal 2 week duration mounts including the red footed tortoise. (tiger, black tiger, white tiger, nippy peco, Noble peco

C. Munil’s Costume Random Box II Through July 3 Alibaba, Goth, Rabbit/Cat

D. Munil’s Accessory Random box III Through July 3 Alibaba, Goth, Rabbit/Cat

E. Red Footed Tortoise

F. Guardian Rune switches Professional job class without loss of level

G. Acc. Fusion Tablet Allows fusing of 2 accessories to get a random accessory

H. Costume Fusion Tablet Catalyst for fusing of 2 Costumes to get a random costume

I. Rune Maintain Slate If Rune hole is filled with a rune, this can preserve it so it isn't lost during Fusion. During fusing you will at least get a "Costume" with the same number of runes or HIGHER, up to 3 rune slots.

J. Appearance Maintain Slate Choose to always get this costume piece appearance during fusion. Useful if you are rolling to get a version with more rune slots.

K. Card Designated Synthesis

L. Card Designated Synthesis Bundle

M. Phantom Pyramid 3rd, 6th, 7th Floor rewards are being changed.

i. 3rd Floor Reward: Memorable RO Prop Box I -> Memorable RO Prop Box II (Black cat's ear, aurora band, fur hat, ear plugs, eg ghose and Humongous Horn

ii. 6th Floor Reward: FoxWolf Random Box -> Ali Baba Random Box

iii. 7th Floor Reward: Phantom Cape -> Hero Cape

2. Area

A. [Bug Fix] Monsters behind pillar not able to attack the character in Secret Forest Tomb has been fixed

B. Characters able to go through the map from lake in Western Mjolnir Mountain area has been fixed

3. Quest

A. Union Quests have been added

4. System

A. Daily Reward System has been added

i. 1st day reward: Wind Elixir

ii. 2nd day reward: Red Potion(VI)

iii. 3rd day reward: Spinel Purple Potion

iv. 4th day reward: Speed Elixir

v. 5th day reward: Heavenly Sausage

B. Hourly Reward System has been added

i. 1 Hour Reward: Explorer’s Red Potion

ii. 2 Hours Reward: Spinel Repair Kit

iii. 3 Hours Reward: Screw Fin -_-tail

DETAILS: http://playragnarok2...news/article/64

5. Icon to distinguish Male/Female items

A. Mushroom Hat (Female)

B. Mushroom Hat (Male)

C. Mushroom Costume (Female)

D. Mushroom Costume (Male)

E. Recruit Hat (Female)

F. Recruit Hat (Malt)

G. Recruit Costume (Female)

H. Recruit Costume (Male)

6. Monthly Costume

A. Additional Stats for monthly costume will be transferred from ‘Recruit’, ‘Tuxedo/Wedding Dress’ to ‘Goth Guy’ and ‘Goth Girl’ Set

B. Set effect through July 17: Set effect for Alibaba set items (+10 STR/AGI/WIS/INt/VIT, +30% item drop – when equipped both Alibaba hat and Alibaba costume)

C. Set effect through July 17: Set effect for Goth Guy/Goth Girl set items (+5 STR/AGI/WIS/INt/VIT – when equipped both hat and costume)

Set effects will disappear on July 17, leaving them with no stats, however the Fusion system can give them value by allowing adding of more rune slots (up to 3)

D. Additional stats in Recruit, Tuxedo/Wedding Dress will be removed

E. The may special costumes will retain permanently those bonus stats, this was not the intended design, but due to oversight with the description it is necessary to maintain fairness to players who purchased them.

F. we need to carefully explain the fusion system fully, it is an enhancement for the costume system, that will allow easier acquiring of both the look you want and increasing rune slots from 0~1 up to 3 consistently. This gives much value to the less desirable costumes, and was meant to be what you do with costumes after the 1 month stat effect expires. We are instead doing 45 day stat effect, though you can only buy it for 30 days, afterwards, if you liked the appearance you can keep it and fuse it to get more rune slots, that when slotted out fully would end up being HIGHER than the monthly bonus stats gave. This was why the fusion system wasn't in May, since the monthly stats were in effect. We will be making a much more clear website presentation on how the different parts of the fusion system can make your costuming easier, consistent and cheaper.

7. Khara Title

A. Founder title token item will require level 40 to redeem after maintenance. Stats will remain what they are in the game, if you redeemed before maintenance below level 40 you retain the bonus stats.
Founder title stats have been adjusted to be less overpowered:

STR +5

AGI +5

WIS +2

VIT +8

Heimdallr:
Upon further investigation I have found some distressing news... We never meant to misrepresent the title nor the costumes. We honestly always intended these changes, and never should the title even been viewable before distribution, when I checked prior it wasn't showing up in the list. We never wanted the stats of the title to be a "bait" for participation, rather it was meant to be a something special for the thousands of players that took up that moderate challenge of getting to 30 in our opening month.

It was not meant to turn what a joyous distribution of these titles being into a community mess because information that wasn't meant to exist yet was shared unwittingly with you. But I do accept responsibility as it is our job to do the final check and make sure you are not unwittingly harmed, and to do right by you.

We will be keeping the stats on the Tux, Wedding dress and recruit outfit for now. And the next set will have the stats more clearly labeled to expire at specific time.

The Title will get upgraded a bit, but cannot be the 30 to all, that would wrap all the gameplay around that title invalidating any other title forever, and be unattainable for future players. I am requesting +12 to all with +16 to Vit for the FOunder title.

Still discussing with dev team to continue to improve the situation, this particular set of circumstances, especially the title, caught us flat footed because it was supposed to ever be known what the stats were and certainly shouldn't have displayed huge numbers like that. But it did, and now we are in fix it mode rather than sleep and prepare for a busy patch mode.
It is obvious that we couldn't just leave it like it was, unless we truly just didn't care, which we've put far to much of ourselves in this and spent to much time with the community and games in general to stop caring when we have some sort of option to fight for.
So please give us a little patience, let us try to stave off this change a bit and let us move forward positively.

And my last post before 30 minute nap shower and back to office.

Title item: will get a level restriction of 40. The title itself will keep stats you all saw in the window. So consume the title item NOW to avoid the lvl restriction.

The costumes, will remain as is permanently.

In the end we made a mistake in oversight weeks ago, and we are doing all we can now to make it right.

#2 Pooksie

Pooksie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

Some of these notes seem like a troll.

#3 FallenWings

FallenWings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

Uh, not sure if serious

#4 Ametiel

Ametiel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

So, the title will be worthless? i wasted my time for nothing =/
thanks for the change [sarcasm]

#5 Juicypapa

Juicypapa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Bye bye Founder stats D;

#6 LadyRaven

LadyRaven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationZoo Jersey, USA

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

7. Khara Title

A. Founder title stats have been adjusted to be less overpowered:

STR +5

AGI +5

WIS +2

VIT +8

Ummm...no INT? /sadraven

#7 meisterfrown

meisterfrown

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:08 PM

Lol, nerf. If most people knew about it, they wouldn't have bothered leveling alts for title. Frown face.

#8 Koltiraa

Koltiraa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

A. Additional Stats for monthly costume will be transferred from ‘Recruit’, ‘Tuxedo/Wedding Dress’ to ‘Goth Guy’ and ‘Goth Girl’ Set

STR +5

AGI +5

WIS +2

VIT +8

Can someone explain the tuxedo/wdress; Are you guys saying the tux/wdress stats will no longer have stats? And you have to buy new ones that do have stats every month? LOL

Also, what's the the founder title stats. It's really nerfed now

Edited by Koltiraa, 04 June 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#9 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

wow this is stupid as -_- hell, why the-_- would you get us all hyped up about the founder titles and then make them useless? This is pathetic, why don't you fix the things that actually need fixing instead of this useless stuff. There are more things in dire need of fixing and balancing like colo and class balancing. Very disappointed lol

Edited by Godriconian, 04 June 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#10 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Ummm...no INT? /sadraven

Yeah this kills the game already...

We agree that Founder is supposed to high level titles and a bit overpowered but this nerf is just too much...

RO1 logic never leaves in this game either: when it's OP it's OP so much but when it's nerfed it's nerfed until become useless...

#11 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

... WHAT HAVE I BEEN FIGHTING FOR????

#12 Pooksie

Pooksie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

Now even the pre-historic title is better o.o;

#13 Rivyr

Rivyr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

ARE yall -_- kidding me this was the only reason people have been leveling alts for the past 4 weeks...

#14 HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:12 PM

Yeah... I kinda feel like I just the ole bait and switch -.-

#15 Gutling

Gutling

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

So, more than half the words in the game are misspelled, I cant even understand some quest/story dialog, monster names dont match quests, no one can reset a dungeon without having to reparty each time, sometimes skills dont work and you have to log out and back in, and this is what you "patch"? Freaking costumes, and nerf a title a lot of ppl worked to get. Great freaking job.

#16 FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Just forget to implement #7 or you just PISSED off about your entire game base.

Seriously... that one is just beyond jacked up.

#17 Krohnos

Krohnos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Server:RO2 Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

So people such as myself who put a TON of work into getting our Tux and Wedding dress get punished for it? Gg RO2 GG

#18 TheArrow

TheArrow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

STR +5

AGI +5

WIS +2

VIT +8

Someone once told me, there's a calm before the storm.

They'll most likely stop the founder title nerf if enough people complain.

#19 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:Renewal

7. Khara Title

STR +5

AGI +5

WIS +2

VIT +8

I seriously hope you are trolling us here.... for those of us that leveled multiple alts for the titles already felt somewhat shafted by the AFK event. And now this? Is there ever going to be an event in which we can trust you guys to carry through to your word? :an:

#20 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'm in serious disbelief you even posted these notes. Honestly, I can't imagine what you were thinking before hitting that post button.

#21 magus424

magus424

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

STR +5

AGI +5

WIS +2

VIT +8

Wow, what a wonderful way to reward players. I'm out.

#22 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

All this was was a money making scheme end of story lol, They were probably hoping people would buy VIP tickets and battle manuals to lvl there chars to get more founder titles. This is all about money for them and now that they got what they wanted there nerfing it. FYI you just pissed off about 3/4 > ALL of the server population WELL DONE *CLAPS IN APPLAUSE*

#23 8619130505082914297

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

Stupid update for the Founder.

#24 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

where is the logic behind these nerf to costumes and title

#25 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Way to completely screw with every one that has been active in the last month and especially that last weekend.

Way to go with terrible decisions.

Welp, time to quit.

Edited by Kalandros, 04 June 2013 - 05:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users