Patch Notes (6/5/13) - Page 33 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes (6/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
868 replies to this topic

#801 PlasticCupBoy

PlasticCupBoy

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

The timing is a bit wonky, sure. I agree. It doesn't affect me personally, but I can see the issue. Oh well. You can just wait until 40 I guess. This is still a step in the right direction. As much crap as we gave them (myself included) I think this has been a nice compromise. They gave the users what they wanted. Recruit/Tux/Wedding Dress will keep their stats and so will Founder. What's nicer is that they balanced Founder as well. Overall I think this was handled in the best possible way, given their earlier mistake.

You couldn't have said it better :p_laugh:

#802 3738130502182206073

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

They already stated that the items wil remain permanantly. An appology from the VP CEO of Gravity/Warp was submitted as well.

http://www.playragna...news/article/65

#803 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

How about... We messed up, had bad planning, had a screw loose when we were drunk at a meeting discussing future events, No read engrish bad translation sowwy, etc etc... or maybe a sorry? (No need for user compensation for every little mistake as it breeds the "im entitled" mentality) But I fail to see how anything was clear in the first place. An actual apology would be great and not a drafted letter made for generic all encompassing oops/facepalm/ahahahahha .... I.e. don't sound robotic or automated. Too bad I didn't get the notice about the use the title now till late... Had graveyard... sonuva grrrrrrr.... I'll just go take out my frustration at the gym.

They made a proper apology on facebook where the world can see. Forums are limited to the community. I was looking forward to a affordable wedding dress for my cute little priest that I play dress ip with but that's never going to happen. Yes I have a girl in game character and yes if could marry virtual women I would marry her trololol. No I do t pretend to be a girl. When I make friends with someone I straight tell them I'm a guy that just loves now cute my girl character looks.

Edited by Rockyx, 05 June 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#804 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

And who are you?
Posted Image

Looks more like hell on heels >.>;;;

#805 Raydem

Raydem

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

after the update today 05/06/2013'm not getting logged. what to do?

server is online, or only 17:30??

help!!

#806 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

How about... We messed up, had bad planning, had a screw loose when we were drunk at a meeting discussing future events, No read engrish bad translation sowwy, etc etc... or maybe a sorry? (No need for user compensation for every little mistake as it breeds the "im entitled" mentality) But I fail to see how anything was clear in the first place. An actual apology would be great and not a drafted letter made for generic all encompassing oops/facepalm/ahahahahha .... I.e. don't sound robotic or automated. Too bad I didn't get the notice about the use the title now till late... Had graveyard... sonuva grrrrrrr.... I'll just go take out my frustration at the gym.

So you got an apology, and now you're complaining about the form of the apology. It seems that whatever they do, you just can't break out of your deep emotional state.

#807 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Server isn't up yet, be patient.

#808 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:55 AM

Looks more like hell on heels >.>;;;

gurl yes!!!!
She's the daughter of the devil from this rage from a while ago
Posted Image

#809 tabernacle

tabernacle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

I know I'm late to the party when all the fireworks were on. Just want to say I'm glad to hear the final verdict on the Founder Title and the costumes stats.

While it is important to protect the interest of the existing P2P (which WP did as suggested by the recent VP's post), don't lose sight on the potential F2P who hasn't converted to P2P yet. This game is one month old and some F2P are taking a wait and see stance before switching to P2P. And to gain access to these potential customers, you need to continue maintain a trustworthy relationship with them. In this case, I would overlook this whole incident because it's not unusual for staff to take time to settle on their new jobs.

The negotiation on the stats of Founder title (+16 on Vit, +12 on the rest), and the "for now" clause on the costumes that were previously proposed does leave a negative impression in my eyes. My first impression was "Are you guys evading your responsibilities at the expense of your customers?" If I was reading them last night, I would be pretty pissed too.

Edited by tabernacle, 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#810 Zechrem

Zechrem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

They already stated that the items wil remain permanantly. An appology from the VP CEO of Gravity/Warp was submitted as well.

http://www.playragna...news/article/65

Oh wow, well that means someones getting a spanking on paper within the company, I retract my previous statement. But I would never bother to go on facebook I feel I lose brain cells every minute. Although I do wish the founder was set for lvl 30 since that was the original intent of the event.

Edited by Zechrem, 05 June 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#811 1587130515050557537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:30 AM

yeah with lower stats. Stop whining and be happy we keep the stats.

#812 Raydem

Raydem

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

someone can tell me what is happening? I am trying to log more can not connect to the server.

After this update, blocked again the Brazilians?

I am Brazilian and I would love to play again.

please any manager could take this doubt? :p_ang:

#813 Kei23

Kei23

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • LocationAlabama
  • Server:Chaos, Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

Whats going on what did i miss? Why is the COO apologizing? Did the server crash? Did we loose items? What?

#814 stoicsquirrel

stoicsquirrel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Server:Odin, usually Channel 8

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

Whats going on what did i miss? Why is the COO apologizing? Did the server crash? Did we loose items? What?

They were going to nerf Founder title and costumes. The citizens rebelled. Gravity/WP backed down. All is well now, although some of us are still missing titles not received prior to the maintenance, and haven't had our tickets replied to... :-/

#815 Duke1987

Duke1987

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

i am getting an error by updating the client. what should i do?

#816 Conspirators

Conspirators

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:39 AM

I for one disliked the Founder title, I believe it gave people too much of an advantage at lower levels. You wouldn't be able to experience the challenge and adventure of leveling. Receiving such stats so early in the game would just make it bland and uneventful. I appreciate the Gravity is smart enough to know that there are too many people with founder titles and that it would be a considerable game changer especially to new players. A lot of players are complaining that things are not easy anymore, things are not going your way. Children, all of you experiencing something out of your comfort zone. Challenge the game, make it harder to level, focus and fight on!

#817 virus4413

virus4413

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

I for one disliked the Founder title, I believe it gave people too much of an advantage at lower levels. You wouldn't be able to experience the challenge and adventure of leveling. Receiving such stats so early in the game would just make it bland and uneventful. I appreciate the Gravity is smart enough to know that there are too many people with founder titles and that it would be a considerable game changer especially to new players. A lot of players are complaining that things are not easy anymore, things are not going your way. Children, all of you experiencing something out of your comfort zone. Challenge the game, make it harder to level, focus and fight on!

lololol.....

#818 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

If you have a founder title in the first place that means that you ALREADY experienced the "challenge and adventuring" at low levels. And if you didn't activate it prior de maintenance, it also means that, at the very least, you're already at the end of Divided Plains with only Verta Delta, Sograt Desert and Road of Blessing remaining, with only the same questing you've been doing through the whole game remaining.

And could we PLEASE stop babysitting new players? New players will have been playing less time, will have attended less events, will have missed many items and will be undergeared compared to players that have been there since te start. That much is a given, happens in every MMO and needs no compensation.
I joined iRO after Satan Morroc was released and it certainly wasn't slotted sunglasses what made me leave.

#819 tabernacle

tabernacle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Founder titles should be meant as a power leveling option for people who are replaying the game from the start. As such, the stats on it is fine. I would prefer remove the level cap altogether.

What I think the Founder title is not OK, is that it is currently the 3rd best title in the game and you can obtain it with few efforts compare to the other two titles that are above. So i would suggest either making the higher two titles easier to obtain, or make even better titles that peg the Founder title below top 5 but within top 10.

#820 5804130504225521367

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

I do agree that you guys promise us this big bonus with the Founder Title if we do YOU a favor and stay logged in to the game forever and ever. And yes, the more people logged in for the longer amounts of time ABSOLUTELY benefits you financially. Especially with the Steam Powered business model. So for you to get your part out of it and pull the rug out from under us, once it's our time to be rewarded, is very frustrating.. Who cares if future players can not get the title?! There is merit to being one of the first and most hard working players the game has seen. That way a few years down the line people know who has paid their dues, etc. The reasoning you have put up truly are unfortunate and lame and I think you are aware of that. You then try and give us a "bone" and say you'll upgrade the stats just a little more than the nerf was supposed to be..... Way to fix things...

I know this is a new business model for you guys, as a game, etc, but please don't start treating us like fools. The last thing you want to do is have your community feel like they;re being disrespected and treated as just another number. You have demonstrated, whether purposely or not, that you really don't care about how we see things and that is upsetting. Everyone here has very high hopes for this game and the game truly does have a ton of potential.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm hoping this is all just growing pains since it's new to your company. You still have the communities support at this moment and have had, in comparison to other launches, a fairly painless release when it comes to bugs. Let's clean up the act guys and gals :) Polish off the edges and keep working hard. Thank you for your time in reading my post.

Cheers

Edited by 5804130504225521367, 05 June 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#821 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:35 AM

Dear god, what did I wake up to!?

I'm still processing what was happening and reading back on the thread, but I have to say I'm kind of, well, rather irritated by all of this even with the moderately positive outcome.

I suppose what struck me most were Heim's comments on the founder title outright describing it as "overpowered," as well as the complete ignorance to the fact that anyone could take 5 seconds to look at the Founder title's "OP" stats ingame, and further stating that he never approved of this and he wanted this and that.

I don't expect GMs to know EVERYTHING about the game, but it would make me feel more secure if they at least seemed to know a little bit about it. I stuck a founder title on a lvl 1 magician to see what was up, and it still took her multiple hits to kill a damn poring. She's not about to go raiding Bapho or even the dang wolf cave. Like, not even Culvert. Maybe if I started dueling other level 1 players without a title it would make a big difference, but hardly anyone does that. If anything most players see having an "overpowered" person around as an asset because it means that they can form a successful party.

The logic behind it just scrambles my brain. People might be offended because other people got a title that gives them a stat boost? That's too bad. This is not their birthday party. They do not get the presents.

#822 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

I have no idea what you did, but thank you so much for such an awesome update, only crashed twice in 10 minutes.
Not even to mention all the costume/tittle crap.

#823 Splendens

Splendens

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Do you have any idea how many times some of us have done the "challenge and adventure" low level bit?

A lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot a lot. You know how many times it was fun?

Like once. Maybe twice. The biggest "challenge" for a lot of us now is working up the patience to do Izlude for the umpteenth time. Real talk: RO2 is not very fun pre- job change.

#824 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

Do you have any idea how many times some of us have done the "challenge and adventure" low level bit?

A lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot a lot. You know how many times it was fun?

Like once. Maybe twice. The biggest "challenge" for a lot of us now is working up the patience to do Izlude for the umpteenth time. Real talk: RO2 is not very fun pre- job change.

It isn't very fun post-job change either, when the quest system has already gone completely stale.

#825 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

It isn't very fun post-job change either, when the quest system has already gone completely stale.

this is why GOOD modern mmos release with multiple leveling areas within same level range. only bad mmos have linear leveling. hell even 10 years ago smart devs knew this was key to making their playerbase happy(EQ, WoW, FFXI) shame there are companies that still haven't learnt a thing in 10 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users