Billtac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Channel 7

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

According to Wikipedia, there will be pets coming to RO2? The pages seems sure that this will be added into the game. I never really played RO1 (except wayyyy back in the beta for a short period,) so I'm not quite sure of how this system works?

Is this an accurate bit of info, or is Wikipedia playing tricks on me?

#2 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

OMG!!!! That would be awesome!!!!
Posted Image

#3 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

As long as I can have a pet Sohee again, I will be happy.

#4 stegalt

stegalt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

http://ro2maniacs.bl...ion-system.html Enjoy =) this is probably what you were looking at.

EDIT:Real quick, it doesn't work like RO1 pet system sadly =/,

Edited by stegalt, 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM.

#5 OniNoMeKyo

OniNoMeKyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • LocationHere (not there).
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Yet

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:58 AM

As long as I can have a pet Sohee again, I will be happy.

Rejoice! For, it is possible to have a pet Sohee.

However, I'm going to be the one to say that there are more pressing matters that need to be fixed before adding new content.

#6 NekoLady

NekoLady

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts
  • LocationMy Room

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

no pet plz ppl dupe lv4 eremes!!!

#7 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

According to Wikipedia, there will be pets coming to RO2? The pages seems sure that this will be added into the game. I never really played RO1 (except wayyyy back in the beta for a short period,) so I'm not quite sure of how this system works?

Is this an accurate bit of info, or is Wikipedia playing tricks on me?

From what I've heard in this forum, tha statement there is completely false and only applies to how it works in RO1.

According to what I've heard, you can get some DNA splicing item and through ADN combination you can get specific monsters... which assist you in battle for less than a minute and then vanish and can't be summoned for several minutes. Kinda like a more usable version of guardians.

So this is pure bull-_-. Instead of having my cute Sohee following me everywhere and threatening random passerbys with her chastity knife, I'd have a Sohee attack enemies for a while and then vanish, being alone the rest of the time.

#8 Billtac

Billtac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Server:Odin Channel 7

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

http://ro2maniacs.bl...ion-system.html Enjoy =) this is probably what you were looking at.

THIS actually seems pretty damn sweet. I am excited.

#9 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Rejoice! For, it is possible to have a pet Sohee.

However, I'm going to be the one to say that there are more pressing matters that need to be fixed before adding new content.

For sure. I will wait as long as it takes for my darling Sohee.

For her, I will wait.

Only for her.

#10 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

Pls loot drops so I don't have to bother doing that

#11 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

Let's see if I understood. If ypou want a pet, you have to keep killing it until G A T C fragments drop. With these, you can "create" it. If then you want to level it up (poring has four level), you have to repeat this process one more time per level. AND if you want to lower the cooldown as much as possible, you need to collect every single pet? lol grindfest

#12 Rivyr

Rivyr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

how about they add a loot pet in the cash shop, that all it does is pick up loot for you TAKE MY RUPEES literally i'll throw money for a loot pet right now.

#13 YumeNoHikari

YumeNoHikari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'll confirm that a "monster summon" system has been implemented in SEA RO2. It's rather time-consuming to farm the components, but once you've done so, you can summon monsters to fight at your side. Can't say I'm sure how much it helps, but it's there. If folks are interested, I can probably dust off my SEA character and make some video with my furseal (because I happened to be in Verta Delta when DNA drops started).

#14 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Posted Image
This is your type of pet sir.

http://youtu.be/YjGkCjbdeX8

Edited by AmiiMii, 05 June 2013 - 11:38 AM.

#15 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

you guys do realize kro(or was it sea ro?) JUST got pets like a month ago right? we're not getting that for at least 8 months if not longer.

Edited by sephiroso, 05 June 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#16 Timmmt

Timmmt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Let's see if I understood. If ypou want a pet, you have to keep killing it until G A T C fragments drop. With these, you can "create" it. If then you want to level it up (poring has four level), you have to repeat this process one more time per level. AND if you want to lower the cooldown as much as possible, you need to collect every single pet? lol grindfest

The first time you collect each DNA Fragment, you will get a level 1 pet. Each subsequent level requires many more sets to raise the pet level:

Level 2: 33 sets of ATCG
Level 3: 100 sets of ATCG
Level 4: 200 sets of ATCG

By default, you can level up a pet to level 2, but to unlock level 3 and 4, you need 60% and 100% pet achievement, respectively.

Note that which letter you get from the DNA Fragment is completely random (probably), so it's possible to get a ton of A,T,G fragments and 0 C fragments if you are unlucky. The actual letter fragments are untradeable, only the DNA Fragment that becomes one of the letters is tradeable, so it's a gamble every time.

The cooldown of the pets goes down every 10 pet achievement. Starting with a 120 second cd, it can go all the way down to 30 seconds at 100% pet achievement. I think at 30 sec, with guardian, you can have two pets out at the same time.

Pets are awesome, btw. They completely change the game by giving players something to collect (gotta catch them all), plus they help you fight! They can do damage (some do a ton of aoe damage, nice for boss adds), recover hp, add buffs, remove debuffs on your character, add debuffs to enemies, etc.

Then there's the Eremes pet. It stuns bosses. Nuff said.

#17 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

The first time you collect each DNA Fragment, you will get a level 1 pet. Each subsequent level requires many more sets to raise the pet level:

By default, you can level up a pet to level 2, but to unlock level 3 and 4, you need 60% and 100% pet achievement, respectively.

Note that which letter you get from the DNA Fragment is completely random (probably), so it's possible to get a ton of A,T,G fragments and 0 C fragments if you are unlucky. The actual letter fragments are untradeable, only the DNA Fragment that becomes one of the letters is tradeable, so it's a gamble every time.

The cooldown of the pets goes down every 10 pet achievement. Starting with a 120 second cd, it can go all the way down to 30 seconds at 100% pet achievement. I think at 30 sec, with guardian, you can have two pets out at the same time.

Pets are awesome, btw. They completely change the game by giving players something to collect (gotta catch them all), plus they help you fight! They can do damage (some do a ton of aoe damage, nice for boss adds), recover hp, add buffs, remove debuffs on your character, add debuffs to enemies, etc.

Those are some insane numbers of sets to get. For them being non-tradeable i mean.

#18 YumeNoHikari

YumeNoHikari

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Those are some insane numbers of sets to get. For them being non-tradeable i mean.

Just means you can't solve every problem with money.

#19 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Hahaha! Sasuga Gravity!
That level of grinding is just retarded and the rewards are too wild (both for good and bad) for such a system.
Even moreso with the storage system we have right now. I guess I'll leave once the system is implemented, these aren't the pets I want nor am I willing to grind THIS much per character just to be on par with everyone else.
And I consider myself a collector, mind you. In RO1 I didn't rest until I captured every single pet availiable. That was weeks of farming and vendor hunting and I still consider that easier than this.
Because DNA parts drop rate is closer to essences than jellopies and other usual trash, right?

Edited by Nereida, 05 June 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#20 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

Man, this just isn't pets......It's a 2nd summoning system.

I want cute pets that make nice traveling companions. I don't care if they do nothing.

Hell, the pets in RO1 before they added "Mild" stat boost just talked and made you spend time/money on pet food.

Give me talking cute pets back!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users