please help failed 2 connect 2 server after login i cant solve the problem - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

please help failed 2 connect 2 server after login i cant solve the problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jazza93

Jazza93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I have bought, a brand new laptop 4days ago, witch from the first day I got it, I have downloaded and installed ragnarok, I have since then been getting the failed 2 connect 2 server error message after log in, I have not been able 2 get into the game or past that point for 4days since I got the laptop, I have tried running as admin many times, reinstalled, made it compatabul with windows 7 (Witch im running windows 8), and still nothing, Is it a issu that will resolve its self over time? or do I have 2 fiddle around with it manualy?

Edited by Jazza93, 09 June 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#2 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

if you're failing to connect at patch server, and you have comcast (internet on the east coast) this will prob fix it

copied from someone else

For google DNS:
get properties for your network adapter (procedure for this has been changed with every major version of windows; On windows 7 it's start -> control panel -> Network and Sharing center, then "change adapter settings" on the left, then rightclick your network adapter and choose properties.)
Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) (don't uncheck it, just click it to select it), then click properties.
In the properties window created, choose "Use the following DNS server addresses".
Enter:

for the two DNS servers (these are the addresses of google's public DNS service).

Then click OK until you've closed all the windows you opened.

RO should now patch correctly.

Edited by huad, 10 June 2013 - 02:26 AM.

#3 dasein90

dasein90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

>2011+3
>using google botnet
>ISHYGDDT

#4 Jazza93

Jazza93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

i dont no what comcast net is, i Live in Western Australia, but i will give that a try anyway,

#5 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:01 AM

if you're failing to connect at patch server, and you have comcast (internet on the east coast) this will prob fix it

copied from someone else

For google DNS:
get properties for your network adapter (procedure for this has been changed with every major version of windows; On windows 7 it's start -> control panel -> Network and Sharing center, then "change adapter settings" on the left, then rightclick your network adapter and choose properties.)
Select Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) (don't uncheck it, just click it to select it), then click properties.
In the properties window created, choose "Use the following DNS server addresses".
Enter:

for the two DNS servers (these are the addresses of google's public DNS service).

Then click OK until you've closed all the windows you opened.

RO should now patch correctly.

I love you. Comcast users should change their DNS server asap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users