deleted characters? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

deleted characters?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tonylord

tonylord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea(8)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:renewal

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

hello, today i log in as i do always, but al my characters are erased... i really dont know what happened, i have never give my password to anyoneso i dont know why this happened, what can i do?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

If it's on renewal, i'd wager that the chars are fine, and your client is messed up somehow.

Client executable from pre-merge will see all char slots as empty, as will the Classic client.

Make sure you are using the right client (the one called "Ragnarok")

Failing that, force a repatch from far enough back to get the new client: Download file, unzip, delete the patch.inf in your RO folder, and replace it with the one from the download, and then run the patcher, and it will repatch from april. Make sure you run the game as admin when you do this (and always) if you're on Vista/7/8.

If you have RO installed on any other computers, check with those as well (since they probably won't have the same problem).

Another player managed to break their client resulting in this behavior by having the april-2011 patch bug, then letting it apply a few patches before canceling and using the fix - but his patcher had already replaced the new client exe with one from 2011, made a godawful mess out of his client, had to reinstall to get it working again.

Not sure if there's a way that the wrong client version could show empty slots instead of chars on Classic.

In any case, if you can't get this sorted out, send in a ticket, and the GMs will be able to check if the chars are there, and if someone compromised your account and deleted all your chars, you should be able to get that rolled back.

Edited by DrAzzy, 10 June 2013 - 01:13 PM.

#3 tonylord

tonylord

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere beyond the sea(8)
  • Server:renewal

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

thank you, i repatched and it works i really apreciate the help

#4 Jazza93

Jazza93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

I am also experiencing this problem, only just happened 2 me then, I don't no much about computers can you please explain how I can repatch, I only just did a repair from the install, but I don't no how 2 repatch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users