WTF~ when i log on my account all my charcters are whiped?! - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

WTF~ when i log on my account all my charcters are whiped?!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jazza93

Jazza93

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

first when I tried 2 get into ragnarok on fullscreen, it froze, so I had 2 restart the computer 2 get back in control, but then the setup and the ragnarok shortcut looked like a white page and would do nothing, so I did a install repair that fix'd the problem, and now when I log into the account None of my chars are there, and its the same on my 2nd account also, just blank slots where I can create anew char, but when I went 2 create a new char on a blank space every name I could make up was taken, I tried about 10times on random letters?im using a brand new ASUS laptop witch cost'd more then the standed price laptop, please help me,

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

See this post.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

Either you're using the classic client instead of the renewal client (which is supported by the PM you sent me referring to the tiny screen - that generally effects classic only).

If you are using the correct client, "Ragnarok", can you open the RO folder and check the size of ragexe (right-click -> properties, and check the size) and post that? The size should be 4,948,136 If it's not, that's the problem.

Let's go from there - I'm leaning towards uninstalling and reinstalling RO - I think whatever you were doing to fix things broke something, and not knowing exactly how it's been broken, I don't know how to fix it.

Finally, if you are using Windows 8 (which I assume you are, since it's new), full screen probably cannot be made to work. Most people who have tried have not been able to get RO to run full screen in Win8. Use windowed mode, and choose resolution such that it fills the screen.

Good choice on an ASUS laptop, by the way, they're a very good brand.

Axylus: Somehow, in the past week or so, we've had like three people seeing the "all char slots empty" behavior after somehow managing to get their ragexe replaced with a pre-merge version. So we can no longer assume that they're using the wrong client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users