How to RO - Guide to the RO user interface - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to RO - Guide to the RO user interface

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:11 PM

Welcome to Ragnarok Online! I commend you on finding this game as it's been around since 2002 and not very many people still remember it from the old ages of MMORPGs. A lot of things have changed since RO first came out, the most prominent being its interface overhaul which was introduced with the Renewal update. If you're not familiar with the old pre-Renewal version of RO, that's okay! You're better off for it, believe me.

Now let's start off with the basics, shall we?

Leveling curve, Stat attributes, Cast times

Basic window, Skill menu, Character menu

Map and Party search

Storage sorting, UI configuration, Quest log

Buying Store

Useful Commands

Now that you've read through those, let's explore more of the user interface that wasn't adequately explained in those pages.

World Map
Posted Image

Basic Information and Character window
Posted Image

Skills Window
Posted Image

Chat Box
Posted Image

Hotkeys
Posted Image

Party Search
Posted Image

Storage Sorting
Posted Image

Replay

A recently added feature, Replay allows players to record their gameplay similar to Fraps and other video recording programs. Replay saves video files in a format that allows players to report bot activity when screenshots are insufficient. To use Replay, simply click on the "rec" button on the drop-down menu under your basic information box in the upper right corner of your screen to access the Replay settings.

Screenshot by HopeSama
Posted Image

To view saved videos, click on the Replay button on the client launcher.

More tutorials to come...

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 January 2013 - 08:45 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

Item Window Favorites Tab

Hello Community,

since I've already seen some people online that didn't know how to use the new Favorite Items Tab, here's a little How To for it:

When you have a Consumable Item or Gear Piece you want to have seperately shown from the other items in your inventory, you can simply drag and drop it into the new Favorite Items Tab.

Posted Image

To reverse the process, simply drag and drop an item out of the favorite items tab into its corresponding tab.

Posted Image

Attention!!

Items that are dragged into the Favorite Items Tab will disappear from their corresponding tabs, so don't think you dropped it, it will now only be shown in the Favorite Item Tab.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greetings
Ascend

Chat Window Options in More Detail

To get to the options, open the small circle-like object on the upper right corner of the Chatbox. Each Tab can have different options, for example you can make one tab that only shows Guild Chat and one that only shows EXP gain.

Posted Image

General Chat Messages

- Regular Message

Toggles the display of information like /where or /help. Also does turn off the Guild Notice on teleport/map change. Does not disable the "You cannot get the item" message.

- Public Chat Display

Toggles the display of the public chat. Things that are written in Party- or Guild Chat are not affected by this. Public messages can still be seen as speechbubbles.

- Whisper Display

Toggles the display of Whipser messages.

- Party Chat Display

Toggles the display of the party chat.

- Guild Chat Display

Toggles the display of the regular guild chat.

- Skill Failure Message Display

Toggles the display of the "Skill has failed" message.

Item and Equipment related Messages

- Item Get/Drop Message Display

Toggles the display of the "You got item xy" message from yourself.

- Party Member's Obtained Item Message Display

Toggles the display of the "Party Member xy got item xy" message from your party members.

- Equipment On/Off Message Display

Toggles the display of the "Item xy is put on" and "Item xy is taken off" messages.

- Damaged Equipment Message Display

Toggles the display of the "Item xy is taken off" (same as the Equipment On/Off message) when your equipment has been broken.

Status, Battle and Experience related Messages

- Party Configuration Message Display

Toggles the "Party Setup - How to share Exp/Items : Each Take/Even Share messages.

- Abnormal Status Message Display

Toggles the display of information regarding buffs like "Blessing aligned", "Your Speed has increased", "Attackspeed increased", "Blessing canceled" , "Your Speed has decreased", "Attackspeed decreased", etc. from yourself.

- Party Member's Abnormal Status Message Display

Toggles the display of information regarding buffs like "Blessing aligned", "Your Speed has increased", "Attackspeed increased", "Blessing canceled" , "Your Speed has decreased", "Attackspeed decreased", etc. from your party members.

- Battle Message

Toggles the display of the "[xy] Monster received 'xy' damage", "To [Username] use [xy skill] skill", etc. from yourself.

- Party Member's Battle Message

Toggles the display of the "[xy] Monster received 'xy' damage", "To [Username] use [xy skill] skill", etc. from your party members.

- EXP gained

Toggles the display of the "x' EXP received" and "x' Job EXP received" messages.

WoE and Battleground related Messages

- Display WOE Info

Toggles the display of the "xy Guild has taken xy castle/fortress in xy"-broadcasts during WoE hours. Currently Broken!

- Shows Battlefield Information

Toggles the display of information related to the Battleground system. (Not sure on this one.)

Quest related Messages

- Shows Quest Information

Toggles the display of the "[Quest Name] Quest - defeated [Monster] progress (x/x) message.

Misc

- Finding Party Member Message

Toggles the display of messages related to the Booking system. (Rarely used anymore and off on default)

Special Thanks to Eledhwen, Annexed, the Guild .:Radiance:., for helping me with the testing.

Edited by DrAzzy, 06 March 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:08 PM

Lots of people have been asking about chat tabs.

I didn't realize it's that hard to figure out. :dunno:

If there's any other UI tutorial that's needed, feel free to post suggestions here. Currently getting the party search tutorial together so that's coming up next.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 08 January 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#4 antikv

antikv

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1285 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:15 PM

it was hard to figure out ive only found out a few weeks ago= =

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:45 PM

Party Search tutorial has been added. Storage sorting tutorial coming soon.

EDIT: Storage sorting tutorial added.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 04 November 2010 - 10:05 PM.

#6 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:26 PM

what are the two boxes that act like hotkey bars and how do i use them? im aware that its probably like the mouse wheel up/down of yester-year but how do i use it?

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:43 PM

what are the two boxes that act like hotkey bars and how do i use them? im aware that its probably like the mouse wheel up/down of yester-year but how do i use it?

I had heard that it has something to do with equipment switching, but no one really knows. :dunno: kRO never gave an explanation and the iRO GMs are at a loss as to what they're for.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 08 January 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#8 candala

candala

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:00 AM

Hi, I've been away for long time. I was used to /bm, now I don't know how to use skills.

How to get that "skill shortcut setting window"?

If I've assigned:
Agi on 2nd key of the first bar,
Heal on 2nd key of the second bar,
Warp on 2nd key of the third bar,
Bless on 2nd key of the fourth bar,

Then I press F2, I get Agi - but what to press to get Warp?
I've pressed space to get rid of the white chat bar, then I tried "W" but nothing happened.

And somehow I lost "General message" and "Battle message" tabs, how to get them back?

#9 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 12:54 PM

How to get that "skill shortcut setting window"?

Press Esc and click on the Shortcut button. There, you click on the hotkeys you want to change and then press the keyboard buttons you want to change them to.

And somehow I lost "General message" and "Battle message" tabs, how to get them back?

Make new tabs and double-click on the tabs to rename them. You can refer to the very first post in this thread to see how to do that.

#10 MakoStar

MakoStar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:58 PM

Very helpful for the new player.
Thanks a lot!

#11 biscottie

biscottie

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:15 AM

This was super duper helpful. Thanks much.

#12 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Nice post, should help a lot of new players out.

#13 kati3

kati3

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • LocationBehind you
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 April 2011 - 09:57 AM

Maybe you should add in some useful commands.

#14 Vueloalfa

Vueloalfa

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Good Tutorial

#15 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

Yes Please...... Especially these command "/automessage" or "/am" for short....im sick of the daily incident that happen like bellow

Person B : Hi
My Merchant : [Away Message]Hi! Thank You! for the PM..Please leave me a message and i will mail or get back to when not afk..
Person B : Are you There
My Merchant : [Away Message]Hi! Thank You! for the PM..Please leave me a message and i will mail or get back to when not afk
Person B : WTF a Bot...F&CK U...Im report u...

We have this command since 2004...i believe there more people that know about "/dbc" command than "/am" or "/automessage "

Edited by Dukeares, 09 June 2011 - 12:22 PM.

#16 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 09 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

Very handy guide! A couple things, though; I think the max for stackable items is 30,000 (aside from that being true before, I think, I believe it says as much in the new nubcakeland tutorial), and how do you get the items in storage to follow the old sorting pattern? I see all the herbs are at the top of your consumables list, for instance, and that's the kind of order I'm used to. In my own storage, it seems to just default to the order in which I put stuff in storage (red herb, aloe leaflet, red potion, etc). Manually re-sorting by taking items out and putting them in successfully changes the order, but is there a quicker way?

<edit>Also want to say, it might be useful to provide some info on how to get around between the different nations of RO. As someone who hasn't really played since beta, I personally knew nothing about the airship routes to Hugel, Einbroch, and Yuno, and still know nothing about how to get to the new world after literally an hour of looking through the wiki. x.x

Edited by Anchors, 09 June 2011 - 11:46 AM.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:52 PM

I'll link to the command list on the site, but making a list of ALL available commands in the game would be best left for a brand new thread. You can start it up if you want, I don't use commands enough to make one myself.

Very handy guide! A couple things, though; I think the max for stackable items is 30,000 (aside from that being true before, I think, I believe it says as much in the new nubcakeland tutorial), and how do you get the items in storage to follow the old sorting pattern? I see all the herbs are at the top of your consumables list, for instance, and that's the kind of order I'm used to. In my own storage, it seems to just default to the order in which I put stuff in storage (red herb, aloe leaflet, red potion, etc). Manually re-sorting by taking items out and putting them in successfully changes the order, but is there a quicker way?

Nope, your only option if you want to sort your stuff in your own personal way is to get a Merchant, grab a cart, take all your stuff out, and put it in the order you want. There's never been a sorting pattern of any kind prior to the new storage system, that's how things have been done for years.

<edit>Also want to say, it might be useful to provide some info on how to get around between the different nations of RO. As someone who hasn't really played since beta, I personally knew nothing about the airship routes to Hugel, Einbroch, and Yuno, and still know nothing about how to get to the new world after literally an hour of looking through the wiki. x.x

That's not so much an interface problem as it is a general understanding of a feature of the game. That would be best put into a thread about veteran player advice to new players.

As for the New World, you need to complete an entrance quest to get there: http://irowiki.org/w...New_World_Quest

#18 Anchors

Anchors

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • Server:Chaos, when it's up

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:59 PM

Yeah, I ended up finding the New World quest after looking through all the new quests iRO had to offer since beta. Huge changes all over. x.x Thanks for the info, though; I must've been thinking of another game.

#19 Wolfuu

Wolfuu

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

I'm new to RO, an I have a question? Do I have to use the merchant to sell items to shops? because Im using a Sword atm and I've sold a few monster drops...and the chat window says"a deal has been successful" or whatever and yet I have Zero Zenny. am I doing something wrong or are the shops obsolete? please pm me

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Replay tutorial added.

#21 avat2v

avat2v

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:58 AM

excuse me, sorry if I'm not supposed to asking in this thread, also please excuse my bad english.

i just want to ask about a mini map.
some of my character until now still not joining the eden group, because i love the eden group mark in the mini map, it's very usefull for me.
because as far as i know, the eden girl (that marked on the minimap) is always near to the kafra staff, so i don't need to walking around the town just to find the kafra.
unfortunately, some of my chararcter had joined. so i don't have any mark in my minimap.
can i still have that mark but after joining the eden group??

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

excuse me, sorry if I'm not supposed to asking in this thread, also please excuse my bad english.

i just want to ask about a mini map.
some of my character until now still not joining the eden group, because i love the eden group mark in the mini map, it's very usefull for me.
because as far as i know, the eden girl (that marked on the minimap) is always near to the kafra staff, so i don't need to walking around the town just to find the kafra.
unfortunately, some of my chararcter had joined. so i don't have any mark in my minimap.
can i still have that mark but after joining the eden group??

I'm not quite sure what it is you're asking about.

If you're referring to the Eden Group Mark ITEM, you can only get the mark when you start the initial Eden Group quests. I do believe it's character-bound, so you can't share it with your other characters.

If you're referring to the symbol marking the location of the Eden Group NPC on your minimap, I'm not sure as I've never seen such a mark on my mini-maps even after doing Eden Group quests on my characters.

#23 avat2v

avat2v

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 AM

I'm not quite sure what it is you're asking about.

If you're referring to the Eden Group Mark ITEM, you can only get the mark when you start the initial Eden Group quests. I do believe it's character-bound, so you can't share it with your other characters.

If you're referring to the symbol marking the location of the Eden Group NPC on your minimap, I'm not sure as I've never seen such a mark on my mini-maps even after doing Eden Group quests on my characters.

yes, I am referring to the NPC mark.
it's just like this
Posted Image
I have a "plus" yellow mark on my minimap, that guide me where the Eden NPC teleporter was.
in geffen I have 2 mark, both of them are eden teleporter.
and I have it (the mark) because I've never teleported or even talk to the eden teleporter NPC.

that's why I am a little bit dilemma and ask here, I really want to do a quest, but the other side I also need that mark, it's quite usefull

please excuse my english

#24 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

it's just like this
Posted Image
I have a "plus" yellow mark on my minimap, that guide me where the Eden NPC teleporter was.
and I have it (the mark) because I've never teleported or even talk to the eden teleporter NPC.

that's why I am a little bit dilemma and ask here, I really want to do a quest, but the other side I also need that mark, it's quite usefull

please excuse my english

As far as I know, you need to ask a guard to mark the Eden Group NPC's location on the map when you visit a town. The mark will remain there until you actually go into the Eden Group area or leave town. It's only "permanent" if you stay in town and don't go to the Eden Group area.

#25 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

it's just like this
Posted Image

please excuse my english

I know for certainty that the mark will still be there if you use the eden group teleport npc to teleport to eden group. I still see the marks on my minimap, and I use the eden group all the time.

I don't know if they go away if you do the quest to join the eden group, it would suck if they did. I've never done any of the "normal" eden group quests, just gramps and the other custom iRO stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users