Characters missing - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Characters missing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Christofu

Christofu

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

I'm missing characters and I have no _L account

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

I split this off from the original thread you posted in, since you posted in a thread that was last posted in over two years ago and which is likely completely unrelated to your problem.

You say you are missing characters.
Are you seeing no characters at all, or are you seeing only some of your characters?

What server are you trying to play on? Are you using the right client for the server? Renewal client can only be used to connect to Chaos/Renewal. Classic client can only be used to connect to Classic/Loki. If you played before the "classic" server came out (including on the old loki server), your characters are on Chaos/Renewal now.

What version of windows are you using? (relevant for assessing whether you could have missed a patch)

#3 briandudu

briandudu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

I'm also experiencing this problem and tried many ways to fix it. I tried many things including:

1. Reinstalling (many times)
2. Making sure I "Run as Administer"
3. Changing my DNS server to the google one
4. Reinstalling RO outside of Program Files

At the moment, nothing is working. I'm also experiencing the "Character Name already exists" even if I type in a ridiculous name like joasdoijodaiwdj. My friend tried signing into my account from his computer and he could see all the characters while I cannot. He helped me delete the characters and I try make character again. This time the character works, but once I click to start the game, it says "Disconnected from server" and then when I re log in, my character is invisible again.

Please help :(

#4 briandudu

briandudu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:02 AM

By the way I'm using Windows 8

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Seems lots of people are suddenly having this problem, even on previously working clients. I have no idea how this happened, nor why it seems resistant to repatching.

Exit all RO clients.
Download and extract http://drazzy.com/pa...2013-Eclage.zip - it will contain 'ragexe.exe' (or 'ragexe' if "hide extensions for known file types" folder view option is enabled).
Delete the ragexe in your RO folder, and replace it with the one from the download.

Start RO as you normally do.

#6 briandudu

briandudu

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I fixed it!

Apparently, it had to do with my firewall blocking ragexe from starting!

Thank you anyway!

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I fixed it!

Apparently, it had to do with my firewall blocking ragexe from starting!

Thank you anyway!

Oh, so it wasn't patching at all, so you were connecting with the client as downloaded.... Hadn't thought about that doing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users