[Renewal] Why can't I sell empty bottles to NPC shops? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] Why can't I sell empty bottles to NPC shops?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cecona

Cecona

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All of them

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Well... the title pretty much says it all. I go to a shop to sell my loot but I never see empty bottles on the list even though I know I have them. I have this problem on both of my accounts.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:28 PM

Empty bottles cannot be sold to the NPC.

This is because they drop from lots of low level monsters, yet their NPC price is 400z (they are sold by many tool dealers). This would mean that they would sell to an npc at ~200z (248 with OC); items in RO always sell to npc for half the base price the npc would sell the item for. Items which NPC for a large amount are inflationary, particularly if they could be obtained with very low level bots (remember, they used to NPC the flywings and bwing they got in training grounds, and have their bots buy arrows (priced at that exact price each) out of their vend, then delete and remake the char - this is why you now get 0z novice-fwings and novice-bwings. Back when that happened, there was a brief period of dramatic inflation. )

Originally, empty bottles were not sold by the NPCs, and had to be obtained from monsters. Their NPC value was set to I think 6z, so the npc would pay 3 for them. However, there was high demand from players for making acid bomb materials. In this situation, the prices of empty bottles rose to several thousand each - which was of course a field day for the botters, who could hunt common drops worth a few k practically right out of training grounds (though it wasn't as inflationary, since the zeny was coming from other players, not being created like with NPCing stuff). When valk came out, they removed the drop of empty bottles from monsters, and put them in the NPC, since valk would be free and inevitably bot infested.
Now, on chaos, we have the empty bottles dropping from monsters AND sold by the npc - but since the price is so much higher, they can't let them be NPC'ed. You can still vend them, though.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 June 2013 - 07:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users