Time Gap Errors - Page 2 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Time Gap Errors

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#26 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

I agree 200% with your last sentence, this will only be fixed by accident and that's the sad part of this story, because we did all that we could possibly do from our end to try to fix the problem, but we didn't see the same commitment from their end.

I started playing this game when it was at beta stage, stopped playing at the end of 2004, then returned at January of 2011, and never ever did I have this error until that maintenance day.

If what happened at that maintenance was a thing to try and stop the bot problem, then it went the wrong way aroung and stopped us from vending overnight or during the day when we have school or work to go to.

#27 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

Exactly. That was the whole reason behind this post. I've been talking to Oda, for some time now, about it, & he seems to think that either I am the only one, or there aren't that many people with this problem. I've tried explaining otherwise & how this began, but either he doesn't want to hear it, look into it, and/or they just plain don't know what they did.

What's even worse, is ever since another maintenance was done, the Time Gap Errors started happening even while actively playing, & battling monsters. I received about 4 one day within about a 2 hour period of time.

#28 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

Yes, that's just happened to me when I was redoing the veins quest for another hat with my RG.

Right in the middle of the quest, going from one clue to another one, I got the time gap error.

Are we the ONLY ones with this problem? Nobody is saying anything, but they are reading this thread...

#29 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

No hernanidude, not you, although Azzy was, even though you did mention that RO needed to fix the problem. I was simply stating that through my own experience with this, over quite a few months now, I was finally able, to find a "work a round", to the issue using LowerPing, thanks to the help of Azzy.

So has the problem been resolved for you?

#30 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

Yes, that's just happened to me when I was redoing the veins quest for another hat with my RG.

Right in the middle of the quest, going from one clue to another one, I got the time gap error.

Are we the ONLY ones with this problem? Nobody is saying anything, but they are reading this thread...

No we aren't the only ones with this problem. I know for a fact there are many others. I have seen other people comment about this, in the maintence thread also, & say they aren't the only ones having this problem, many of their friends and/or guildies have the same problem.

There are just so many people that not only don't read the forum but don't even have forum accounts.

Even if they read this there are plenty of people that also read the forum without posting in it.

Not everyone is willing to say the truth, & be honest about what's going on, when it comes to issues, & problems with RO. They don't want to get involved in the so-called "drama", or have other people harass them over what they say, like happens to me quite often ;)

So has the problem been resolved for you?

Depends on your definition of resolved.

RO has not resolved the problem they created.

When I was using LowerPing, as a "work around" it did prevent this problem from occurring. Since the beta version has ended, & I have been using WTFast, which doesn't seem to work as well, I still am getting some Time Gap, & Disconnect Errors both now. Just not near as often as I did without using the programs. The fact it that others, & myself, shouldn't even be having to use a Third-Party Program in the first place, when nothing has changed on our end, or with our ISP. The only thing that changed, & caused this issue in the first place, was a maintenance that was done around 6 months ago.

Edited by Razzez, 14 July 2013 - 12:06 AM.

#31 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

I may be wrong but, if we look closely to this, the maintenance that started this issue, was the one that also "improved" the ragexe client from the merge of all servers and "fixed" at that time, the RCX use (or in this case, it made the rcx application simply not working any more at that moment).

Everytime they make "improvements" to the ragexe client, it's getting worse and worse, like getting now the time gap errors even while actively playing and not just afk vending like in the beginning, which is what's happening to me and you apparently at this moment, and maybe someone else...

#32 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

This was way before the merge. This started over a year ago. I sent in a ticket as far back, as March 2012, regarding this issue :p_omg:

#33 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

Yeah, my ticket is from 20 of May 2012, that's when I started to notice the error (maybe it was happening before that time, but it was then that I really noticed it).

#34 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

When I was using LowerPing, as a "work around" it did prevent this problem from occurring. Since the beta version has ended, & I have been using WTFast, which doesn't seem to work as well, I still am getting some Time Gap, & Disconnect Errors both now. Just not near as often as I did without using the programs. The fact it that others, & myself, shouldn't even be having to use a Third-Party Program in the first place, when nothing has changed on our end, or with our ISP. The only thing that changed, & caused this issue in the first place, was a maintenance that was done around 6 months ago.

If lowerping et al have an impact on the problem, the problem IS BEYOND GRAVITY'S CONTROL. It is akin to complaining to a store that there are potholes on the way to the store, and demanding they fix them, even though the potholes are on the public roads, not the store parking lot. Only unlike the real world, we don't get to pick the route our data takes like we pick the roads we drive on - using lowerping/wtfast is the only way we can take an alternate route.

"There aren't any potholes when I go to other stores! I don't have to take an alternate route to get to any other store I've tried to get to, and It all started six months ago, when you repainted the front of the building! It must be your fault!"

IF TAKING AN ALTERNATE ROUTE (via lowerping et al) FIXES THE PROBLEM, IT CANNOT POSSIBLY BE WITH GRAVITY! If the problem was with gravity, lowerping couldn't fix it. Lowerping connects to gravity just the same as you do, the only difference is that it takes a different route to get there, and hence gets around the problems. 

The problem is that many consumer oriented ISPs don't really care enough to peer with good networks - if your destination happens to be on an ISP that your ISP routes to through a crap network, all you can do is go around it.

#35 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

"There aren't any potholes when I go to other stores! I don't have to take an alternate route to get to any other store I've tried to get to, and It all started six months ago, when you repainted the front of the building! It must be your fault!"

IF TAKING AN ALTERNATE ROUTE (via lowerping et al) FIXES THE PROBLEM, IT CANNOT POSSIBLY BE WITH GRAVITY! If the problem was with gravity, lowerping couldn't fix it. Lowerping connects to gravity just the same as you do, the only difference is that it takes a different route to get there, and hence gets around the problems. 

The problem is that many consumer oriented ISPs don't really care enough to peer with good networks - if your destination happens to be on an ISP that your ISP routes to through a crap network, all you can do is go around it.

Other games probably don't penalize you for excessive deviation in ticks. There is something Gravity (kRO) could do, and that is to remove tick checking altogether. I believe it was originally intended to counter speed hacks--I've seen some projects refer to the error code for time gaps as "BAN_DETECTED_SPEEDHACK," although I don't know if the naming came from Gravity--but the check makes little sense in the context of a fully server-mediated game like Ragnarok; and as the nodelay exploits demonstrate, it's not even effective in accomplishing its presumptive goal.

#36 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

If lowerping et al have an impact on the problem, the problem IS BEYOND GRAVITY'S CONTROL. It is akin to complaining to a store that there are potholes on the way to the store, and demanding they fix them, even though the potholes are on the public roads, not the store parking lot. Only unlike the real world, we don't get to pick the route our data takes like we pick the roads we drive on - using lowerping/wtfast is the only way we can take an alternate route.

If this was truly the case, then please explain why this game, NEVER had any TIME GAP ERRORS, till after maintenance was done back in May of 2012?

It was until then, & now that, those of us that started experiencing this issue, have had to use these alternate programs to stay connected. I would seriously doubt the problem lies with everyone of us that uses completely different paths/routers to connect to Gravity.

What renouille said makes more sense to me. It sounds to me more like something, that Gravity did, that maintenance, to add in a check. It may have been to reduce bots, hacks, etc..., but regardless of why they did it, they created issues for legitimate users, which they need to remove. Just like we have said that most things done, to ban bots would hurt legit users, then anyone else. This is a perfect example.

What's worse is the fact, that know they created this issue over a year ago, & yet they have yet to acknowledge it, much less do anything about it.

P.S. I am still getting Time Gap Errors using WTFast. Just not as frequently. So no it doesn't FIX the problem. It is a, WORK a ROUND, like you & I said, & it does reduce true problem, NOT fix it.

#37 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Ever since I've been using WTFast, I've now been getting Disconnected, now & then. I got a Disconnected message, while afk overnight, & another one while active today.

#38 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

Razzez, I think that the disconnects you're having is the WTFast itself that is provoking them, because they say in their forums that during the trial period that might occur, and at the end of it, you'll get disconnected always after 30mins of use to make you pay for it... lowerping didn't had that disconnects situation, while it was free...

#39 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:29 AM

The trial of WTFast will disconnect you after 30 minutes of inactivity however that's different from the RO Disconnects. When the RO Disconnects occur I am still connected to WTFast. Since you select the Game, you want to use WTFast with, as long as you are using that game, it sees you as being active, therefore it doesn't d/c you. Of course when I randomly, still receive Time Gap Errors, even though I am using it, then it does show close due to inactivity.

I do miss LowerPing. I believe it worked much better. Most likely due to the fact it wasn't program specific.

Edited by Razzez, 21 July 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#40 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ohhh, I thought WTFast will always dced you after 30mins of use during the trial period, not 30mins of inactivity.. that's why I didn't tried WTFast the first place.

But yeah, you're so right, LowerPing is way better being no program specific but now our free time has ended...damm :(

#41 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Go ahead & try it then. It will only help you out, since it sounds like you've had the same issue as me & others, ever since back, in May of last year, when they did that maintenance. I just wish I had found this out sooner. Especially since it's became so much worse, instead of better, over the past few months.

I just checked the other day & so far no LowerPing beta either. I wouldn't mind a one time payment, for a program, but I don't pay for subscriptions, unless they are really low. I haven't looked to see how much LowerPing charges though. I'll have to look & see if it's worth it. It's not right though, that I should have to pay for something, due to a problem Gravity created  :p_swt: 

#42 hernanidude

hernanidude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Ok, maybe I will, when I get home from work...

#43 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 10 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

I don't know why but I just started receiving Time Gap Errors today even while I'm active. Granted my trial for WTFast expired a few days ago but I still hadn't received any till today. 

*Edit* It appears it was due to the maintenance that was done. After rebooting the problem hasn't happened so far.

Is there any other program I can use or does someone know a way to renew the WTFast trial?

It still doesn't look like LowerPing has anything available, & I'm not going to pay a monthly fee, to use one of these programs. A one time fee would be a different story.

Edited by Razzez, 11 August 2013 - 10:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users