Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:21 AM

Took this post from the old forum that i made. . should be still useful if you want to give it ago if the NPC text is missing for you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NPC Text Fix

People keep posting about NPC text problems even tho there are other posts across the forums that explain how to fix it, Nether the less i made a straight forward guide on how to fix the text with step by step screen shots to help all noobies. Credits go to Holyeagle since this fix is in his guide, just i explain with step by step guide to make it easier for you nubs :)

Disable UAC

First you need to disable UAC so follow one of the steps below to do that:

Here are two nice videos on how to disable User Account Controls (UAC):
Vista:
Seven:

or follow the step to step guide.

Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting Changes

Next we need to change the settings of Trose and Rose.exe follow the steps below.

*NOTE*
If you have used the version 254 install set, files are installed in C:\Program Files\Gravity\Rose Online (not Triggersoft\Rose Online Evolution) on 32 bit version of windows, and C:\Program Files (x86)\Gravity\Rose Online on 64 bit.

Or even a better/simpler way to locate the Rose folder is to use the Open File Location button (right click the Rose icon on your desktop, select Properties from the pop-up menu, Shortcut tab).

*NOTE* I forgot to mention that one you are in your Rose Folder you need to delete ROSE.db & temp file from game folder, please do this once you reach the game folder and follow the rest of the steps.

Posted Image

Hopefully doing this will solve your problem!

If you are still getting no NPC text then try using the above settings while using Genpatch too (Which you can find in community creations). These settings work everytime! I know someone is going to post saying wahhh it won't work . . if it doesn't . . try again, and just keep trying until it does. Sometimes its a task to try to fix it but it does work eventually.

Credits:
Holyeagle
Xcal

#2 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:31 AM

Thanks for bringing the thread over here Lybis. Good to see you used our new forum software which allows embedded video in the posts ^^

#3 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

Thanks for bringing the thread over here Lybis. Good to see you used our new forum software which allows embedded video in the posts ^^

LoL it looks alot better seeing the video's on the post rather then following a link. Love the new forum! So much better :)

#4 ChilledMonkey

ChilledMonkey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 July 2010 - 07:04 AM

Hi

I have Windows Vista installed on my laptop and just set up Rose the other day.

The program runs and the game logs in which is good.

However I am still getting the NPC glitch.

I have followed the step by step guide here, and I've it about 15 times now checking and unchecking all the options for TRose, RoseOnline & GenPatch Exe.

Just like to double check the settings for GenPatch XP Compat with or without the DPI settings?

Also according to your note you refer to deleting a temp file?

Which one i have dbgeng.dll & dbghelp.dll or is it temp.gz?

I dont want to accidently delete the wrong file and mess up my client package.

Any help I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers

#5 Blaze

Blaze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 July 2010 - 08:10 AM

Hi

I have Windows Vista installed on my laptop and just set up Rose the other day.

The program runs and the game logs in which is good.

However I am still getting the NPC glitch.

I have followed the step by step guide here, and I've it about 15 times now checking and unchecking all the options for TRose, RoseOnline & GenPatch Exe.

Just like to double check the settings for GenPatch XP Compat with or without the DPI settings?

Also according to your note you refer to deleting a temp file?

Which one i have dbgeng.dll & dbghelp.dll or is it temp.gz?

I dont want to accidently delete the wrong file and mess up my client package.

Any help I'd much appreciate it.

Cheers

hey CMonkey, yeah my friend has had this trouble since day one. i tried over and over again with the above method and eventually it worked, try ticking the DPI settings box on the genpatch.exe and Roseonline but not on the TRose. what i did was uncheck the certain boxes and clicked apply on all 3 files, then went back and re-checked the boxes then click apply. try it that way.

as for the temp file i think it is temp.gz but if your too worried then dont take my word for it and wait for someone with more knowledge lol

hope i could help :mellow:

#6 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:31 AM

Monkey, there isn't really a standard combination of these settings. It works randomly. For example, even by enabling run as admin in trose it might bring npc text back. Or run as admin in trose and roseonline. You just need to try combinations I am afraid.

The files you looking for are temp.gz and rose.db

Edited by HolyEagle, 25 July 2010 - 09:32 AM.

#7 ChilledMonkey

ChilledMonkey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:13 AM

Ah okay I see so its a process of elimination to work out the right combination on all three Exe files?

So all must enable the XP Compat but the other check boxes below, so all colours DPI etc might or might not work?

Yeah i've deleted the temp.gz but cant find the other.

However I did run your little program on the other thread still same problem.

Okay i will have to just try and fiddle with the settings. It quite annoying I can't use storage or join Union War very annoying.

Thanks for the quick response

#8 HolyEagle

HolyEagle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 532 posts
  • LocationDrinkLand

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:03 PM

I said its random triggering. Even with only enabling xp compatibility at trose might bring npc back. You just try and keep applying compatibility stuff.

#9 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Vista is not a very compadable OS, the same can be said about windows 7 but there are stablity updates in the works microsoft will be putting out another service pack soon.

#10 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:13 PM

Hopefuly they will add some extra functionality so that you dont need to re-enable compadablity settings every time you launch rose online / other programs.

#11 Moonwolfcleric

Moonwolfcleric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationAlicante - Spain

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

cheers ;) tried it and bootin up rose now,wish me lluck :(

#12 Moonwolfcleric

Moonwolfcleric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:19 PM

nope...ill try using genpatch like ya sed

#13 Eleria

Eleria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNicoNico Douga

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:33 AM

for me it also sometimes help to check/uncheck the "disable visual designs" and/or "disable desktop composition" boxes. So there are a lot of possible combinations, at least one of them should usually work.

#14 Moonwolfcleric

Moonwolfcleric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:30 AM

fixed =)

#15 gsgen

gsgen

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:56 PM

I have had the same problems with the NPC text. I am using Vista now here is what i have to do for it to work, hope this helps someone. I use the compatfix first. Then I have moved all three shortcuts to my desktop. TriggerDetect, TRose and Roseonline. In order that I can view them quickly. To insure with each update nothing was changed I can right click the shortcuts and insure they are running in XP compat mode. Also that UAC is off, but that run this program as an administrator is checked. Any Question on these steps can be found on the forums. Now for what really helps me out. I use genpatch before i open up the game, run it to insure everything is currently updated. Then close it, if I start the game with GenPatch i get the npc text not showing. Now that you have all shortcuts on your desktop i use the TiggerDetect shortcut. Once it is open I set the resolution to 1280 X 1024 (16bit Color). You can play with this setting tell it works for you. I also set my screen mode on window. Then with the Performance/Quality Slider i set all the way to Performance. If this affects anything or not I dont care once I got these settings working and could see the NPC text i was afraid to play around at all with it and left them set there. Everytime I open TriggerDetect I have to reset to the above settings but I am okay with that. Now for the final and most important thing I found that has REALLY fixed my problems is this. Once you get to the Login Screen enter you name and password. Stop use the mouse to click the check mark button but hold the mouse button down for at least 5 to 10 seconds, release. If I forget this step no NPC text for me. Also when it gets to the world login I do the exact same thing mouse over the check mark and hold for 5 to ten seconds, release. I then just select my character and go. If i miss any of these steps I get the NPC text error.

#16 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

This npc text is really annoying. Wonder when will they permanent fix this.

#17 ChilledMonkey

ChilledMonkey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:38 AM

for me it also sometimes help to check/uncheck the "disable visual designs" and/or "disable desktop composition" boxes. So there are a lot of possible combinations, at least one of them should usually work.

Yes I have finally fixed it.

With Windows Vista on my Laptop this is the way to sort out the NPC Text glitch.

Took me about 50 tries fiddling and checking unchecking boxes but this was the way to fix it.

If you use GenPatch.exe and Rose.exe change both to Windows XP Compatability. Then for Trose.exe change to Windows XP Comaptability but CHECK the boxes for "Diable Visual Designs" & "Diable Desktop Composition".

Afer you run the program it should run in Windowed mode, just press Alt + Enter.[Alt+enter isn't proper for ROSE. Window mode should be applied through the game tool or through editing sevenhearts] And your good to go.

Thanks for the help guys.

Edited by HolyEagle, 05 August 2010 - 11:43 AM.

#18 smmugler

smmugler

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

i did thoose yesterday and it worked but today rose.db and temp.gz come back again! should i check them always?

#19 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:50 AM

unfortunately yes, it can get a real pain but even loading the game again can trigger the NPC text to disappear again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users