• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Stubborn

Stubborn

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

Hello, i'll start out with the fact that my friend has a greatly inferior computer to mine and still run this game with no issues. This friend talked me into downloading Requiem, which i did. Everything went fine until i entered the game and then it started. Every time i click a monster, my FPS(Frame per second) goes from 40-50 to 10-12, fighting & using skills gives me spikes, fps drop from 10 to 5 for half a second, and then go back to 10-12, animation stutters etc..

On with the computer specs;

Windows 7 ultimate 64x
Dual core @ 2.4ghz
8800GT
6GB of ram

I started by running the game at 1920x1200 with everything on & maxed, which was my first theory on what the FPS hit was all about. Switched down, and further down.. all the way to 1024x768 with everything turned off. It gave me an extra 5-10FPS all around but no effect on fighting.

My drivers are up to date, tried closing background applications, etc. Nothing helps. Mind you I've played MUCH MORE complex games with this computer, which is why I'm totally clueless as to why i have so much problem with this one

#2 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:38 AM

a know old bug, try to open the skill windows and let it open when you are attacking a mob and see if it fix

#3 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:46 AM

Frequent Disconnections, high latency, packet loss, etc. (aka lag): https://support.warp...BSearchID=40499

My character seems to be moving slow. How do I solve this issue?: https://support.warp...BSearchID=40499

The lost in fps when you select something is quite normal (sadly).

Close other softwares runing in the background, clean the internet temporal files and temporal files (startup/ execute/ %temp%: be sure that you can see the hidden files) can help. Also, reset the pc and modem from time to time, the most time you are online in the game, the higher the lag. Also there are pick hours (between 10 and 12 pst, and from 15-17 to 21 it can be bad too).

Also check here: http://lifeandcode.n...ows-7-or-vista/

Turn off the sound (from the game options) and the unnecesary chat can help.

#4 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:13 AM

my fps run from 100 down to 30 sometimes. its not pc related cause i have like 70-80 fps @2048x1152 in singularity at max detail :/ this game is weird lol

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

When select a target is common to get a drop in the fps, not much you can do about that: that is why i play with a aoe mage: less things to select.

#6 Stubborn

Stubborn

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

So, how do you people actually enjoy the game with things like that? What have you done to cope with it / make it playable

#7 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

well most of the people is already hook up (like the drugs) so they dont mind it btw sometimes looks like the problem fix by itself randomly

#8 EphraimWitchwood

EphraimWitchwood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAt my computer. Like, all the time.

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

I have the same issue, though to a lesser extent. I get around 60 fps and when I select something, it goes down to about 30 or so. I think it has something to do with the Gamebryo engine's Havok physics kicking in in a more involved way than when you are just running around. I have a fairly powerful PC, so this is about the only explanation I can think of. Hope it helps! ;)

#9 Sabbatum

Sabbatum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:49 AM

when in party, your fps will not reduce when u select a target :D

#10 Freja

Freja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2769 posts
  • LocationScandinavia

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:49 PM

my fps run from 100 down to 30 sometimes. its not pc related cause i have like 70-80 fps @2048x1152 in singularity at max detail :/ this game is weird lol

I completely forgot about that game! Thank you for reminding me!

#11 Confused

Confused

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2615 posts
  • Server:Lintra

Posted 06 August 2010 - 09:59 PM

I believe connection has nothing to do with frame rates. :(

It's simply their ancient programming flaw with a 10 year old engine. I have a very good computer (not top class, but only about 1 year old) and I still have huge screen lags at times. :D

#12 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:46 AM

I believe connection has nothing to do with frame rates. :(

It's simply their ancient programming flaw with a 10 year old engine. I have a very good computer (not top class, but only about 1 year old) and I still have huge screen lags at times. :D

what are you, a rocket scientist?

#13 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:34 PM

what are you, a rocket scientist?

Posted Image

#14 wpst

wpst

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:25 AM

I`ve played this game around launch date in 2008 and it wasn`t this bad :\, i mean i would get fps lag and sttutering back then too, but not at this scale...
Now if i select a mob i drop in fps close to 0 (ZERO), my game freezes for a fraction of a second.
Fun fact is that i`ve actually upgraded my pc since then and it`s only gotten worse.

Oh well...

#15 Nuke

Nuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3107 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:28 AM

I`ve played this game around launch date in 2008 and it wasn`t this bad :\, i mean i would get fps lag and sttutering back then too, but not at this scale...
Now if i select a mob i drop in fps close to 0 (ZERO), my game freezes for a fraction of a second.
Fun fact is that i`ve actually upgraded my pc since then and it`s only gotten worse.

Oh well...

in 2k8 when i was inside the bank, alone, i had around 240 fps. now, same scenario...i have somewhere around half that lol

#16 iBing

iBing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 02:28 AM

hey this guy nuke is right is not our pc its them its gravity look i to have played this game since 2008 release it was neva like this why the hell you thinki played it for so long xuase in 2008 it was acrap game and i went yeah i wanna play that :0

ofc not it worked fine and over the 2years i have seen the game egrade and its always our fualt send a ticket, blah blah blah bottomline game great people who own it lazy and not for the consumer or they be like ncsoft and talk to us and sahow us what they are doing instead of throwing out nothing and you all eating it up feed crap ya get crap i say
Bing

#17 SirNikon

SirNikon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 734 posts
  • Locationhere >.>

Posted 11 August 2010 - 01:05 AM

in 2k8 when i was inside the bank, alone, i had around 240 fps. now, same scenario...i have somewhere around half that lol

who left you alone in the bank :( :)

#18 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:53 AM

welcome to the world of gravity programing, ALL ther games are programmed poorly and they most likely will never be fixed, tho honestly i never noticed this bug gona have to fire the game up and check this out, cause if this actual happens then I think gravity has hit a new low on how terrible they are at programing. funny part is most these bug would probably be fixed if we all just boycotted there games till they fixed the problems but at last they wont happen.

SO i started the game up and its does happen I have 60fps steady at all times once i target monster the its still 60fps soon as it starts attacking it drops to about 45-50fps it not so noticeable if you have Vsync on but i would think it more noticeable with vsync off

Edited by Puppet, 15 August 2010 - 11:08 AM.

#19 Styx

Styx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 15 August 2010 - 11:30 AM

So, how do you people actually enjoy the game with things like that? What have you done to cope with it / make it playable

just join to party with some, he dont need to play with you, just have those small HP bars on top left of screen, it solve this bug also

#20 pampelthemuse

pampelthemuse

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN. USA

Posted 21 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

just join to party with some, he dont need to play with you, just have those small HP bars on top left of screen, it solve this bug also

It's OK if you wanna call me stupid, but what HP bars are you talking about? I haven't seen option for them and I am really getting annoyed at going from 70 something frames/sec down to like 9 or so when I'm trying to kill stuff.

#21 Styx

Styx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 371 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:47 PM

It's OK if you wanna call me stupid, but what HP bars are you talking about? I haven't seen option for them and I am really getting annoyed at going from 70 something frames/sec down to like 9 or so when I'm trying to kill stuff.

ah, i was maybe little bit confusing. I mean, when you join to party with some1 (/party name) then you see HP/MP bars of ppl in top left corner of screen, thats what i mean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users