Weapon Upgrade and Forging in Renewal - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Weapon Upgrade and Forging in Renewal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Quin

Quin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:28 PM

I've got a forge Mastersmith on Ymir and I've been debating changing him to a Mechanic. I also have a battle MS that's already changed, but my concern is during the testing/implimentation on kRO it was noted that Weapon Upgrade suffered a penalty when changing jobs (since you lose job70, and it takes a while to get back to job 50, which is your "standard" rate). I stopped following the updates after that so I haven't seen if there was any accommodation made for it (and forging, too, since you lose 70 job levels, and +12 DEX by changing to mech...). I guess this is more a question for the GMs, since they're the only ones who have access to the actual formula.

Does Weapon Upgrade become a fixed +10% success rate, take into consideration the trans job levels (and keep improving at some percentage with 3rd job levels), or do you lose your upgrade advantage entirely by changing to 3rd job?

Also, have the forging and potting formulae been adjusted to accommodate previously obtained job levels when a job changes to 3rd job, or do they also experience a success rate deduction?

kRO did seem to show interest in revamping forging/potting like, a year or two ago, since they realized that it got kinda f'd, but I haven't seen any motion on that (but, I stopped looking like last year). Seems like this stuff just gets drowned out by genetic, RK and GX complaints on j/kRO.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:39 AM

Unsure on weapon upgrade.

Potting was not changed, and uses the same formula, and you lose the 20 jobs, but make it back with stats above 100.

#3 Exeter0

Exeter0

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:59 PM

I've contacted Heim about the Upgrade Weapon and he said that a Job 70 MS has a better chance of refining than a 50 Mechanic. Laaamme. :/ So, i guess you lose your advantage. D:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users