Patch Notes 7/17 And WoE Time Change - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 7/17 And WoE Time Change

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

#51 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Loki

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

There is a set schedule for Noel and as far as I have been told it is not changing. Expect them in September.

As for everyone else, please refrain from making hasty remarks about bugs and bug fixes. Escalating the situation will only make things worse. CMs are not on at night as they work in the office. Keep posting your questions, but try and keep calm. I will leave Zanbee a message to address it in the morning.

trying to keep my chill tell kRo to fix bugs please^^

Edited by SephySama, 16 July 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#52 OneLastDance

OneLastDance

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 722 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

D.Rat Master Kremp

i.Invincible period for Kremp has been reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes.

ii.After starting combat with Kremp, the monster who summons other monsters has been changed from Leo to Kremp.

iii.Turtle assassin will be summoned 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and 7 minutes after the combat starts.

iv.Heal skill used by Kremp has been removed.

Sorry butt.. what is this suppose to fix?

I'm pretty sure we'll have turtles during 10.5mil AOE, 250k AOE , 750k Shadow Demons.

4.WoE

A.Mercenary Kafra cannot be located within certain distance from the gate.

B.Siege weapons in WoE maps will be initialized(removed) before starting every WoE.

What is this?

Edited by OneLastDance, 16 July 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#53 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Culvert Band: Easier to do legit (all 3 at once)

Robberbug: Minor inconvenience, still bloody easy (if floor template bugs are corrected...)

Mini & Mongi: More challenging but not impossible - just borderline impossible if you have low dps

Aromine: Still a goddamn b**** to control with that retarded whip + kill whoever she switches to, its dumb (but so are the programmers)

Ratmaster: A nice mechanics change. We'll need to see how it turns out before making the final call on whether its doable or completely unrefined

Edited by Kalandros, 16 July 2013 - 08:28 PM.

#54 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

I doubt the developers ever play their own content.  I think they just look at theories and talk about things without actually testing them.

How the hell would RM be easier by -not changing his enrage timer- and making him active even earlier?  Extending the turtle spawn timer is a GOOD THING, but you also have to extend RM's ENRAGE TIMER.

Because now it will be impossible to focus dps on RM except for in-between a turtle going to sleep & the next one spawning.   With the 2nd turtle spawning at 3 minutes you make it possible to actually put Leo to sleep first, which is good, but fighting Miki & RM at the same time will be hell-- especially with the constant snare/stun hadoukens going on every 45 sec. 

Assuming you can handle all that, which I can see being do-able (though painful), by the time you finally put Raffi to sleep, Leo will wake up again.  You will barely be able to finish off the turtles as RM's enrage timer goes off. 

This is pretty stupid, as it will make the only way to win rely on some members using an invincibility skill for the Enrage Bomb (which is supposed to signify FAILURE) and then have everyone else use a spinel.

Oh lets not forget the abyss demons & energy cores & various giant AoE's going on the WHOLE TIME you're fighting these late-spawning turtles.

It's a good thing to have the extra minute for each turtle-- but if RM's enrage timer is not changed you will make the fight impossible without spinels.  And I know this is not intended because there is a khara mission for beating him on hard mode without dying [entire party]. 

Let me see some gm's do this with the same enrage timer without spinels & gm weapons.   Give them all +10 colo gear and armor, and all kafra items.  And Graham potions.  I still bet they fail.  I would love to see a video of them dealing with all this AND killing RM in 12 - 14 minutes.

Assuming this is done legit, raids will have to focus all their dps on each turtle, one at a time, until finally finishing off Raffi at around 8-9 minutes into the fight.  They won't be able to even start focusing DPS on RM (except for a few spurts in-between putting a turtle to sleep and the next one spawning) until he's a few minutes away from spirit bombing everyone.

And that's assuming everyone manages to live that long.

If you extend the turtle spawn timers, EXTEND the enrage timer.  Please.  C'mon developers let's test things once in awhile so we don't make any more obvious oopsies.

#55 xxxxhermit

xxxxhermit

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

Nothing about the holes in the map?
Nothing about Secret Forest Temple or the loss of 18 Union Points so far for anyone doing the Odin Orthodoxy quest?
Or is it just expected that you're going to fix these things?

#56 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

So no woe fixes? Nothing? Just despawn stuff? I was willing to wait the week but that's downright stupid.

#57 Dofin

Dofin

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:00 PM

no fix "find dungeon" and holes in the map?

Edited by Dofin, 16 July 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#58 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

LOL now its much harder doing coa after the patch :D. nice one 

#59 narhak

narhak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

I doubt the developers ever play their own content.  I think they just look at theories and talk about things without actually testing them.

How the hell would RM be easier by -not changing his enrage timer- and making him active even earlier?  Extending the turtle spawn timer is a GOOD THING, but you also have to extend RM's ENRAGE TIMER.

Because now it will be impossible to focus dps on RM except for in-between a turtle going to sleep & the next one spawning.   With the 2nd turtle spawning at 3 minutes you make it possible to actually put Leo to sleep first, which is good, but fighting Miki & RM at the same time will be hell-- especially with the constant snare/stun hadoukens going on every 45 sec. 

Assuming you can handle all that, which I can see being do-able (though painful), by the time you finally put Raffi to sleep, Leo will wake up again.  You will barely be able to finish off the turtles as RM's enrage timer goes off. 

This is pretty stupid, as it will make the only way to win rely on some members using an invincibility skill for the Enrage Bomb (which is supposed to signify FAILURE) and then have everyone else use a spinel.

Oh lets not forget the abyss demons & energy cores & various giant AoE's going on the WHOLE TIME you're fighting these late-spawning turtles.

It's a good thing to have the extra minute for each turtle-- but if RM's enrage timer is not changed you will make the fight impossible without spinels.  And I know this is not intended because there is a khara mission for beating him on hard mode without dying [entire party]. 

Let me see some gm's do this with the same enrage timer without spinels & gm weapons.   Give them all +10 colo gear and armor, and all kafra items.  And Graham potions.  I still bet they fail.  I would love to see a video of them dealing with all this AND killing RM in 12 - 14 minutes.

Assuming this is done legit, raids will have to focus all their dps on each turtle, one at a time, until finally finishing off Raffi at around 8-9 minutes into the fight.  They won't be able to even start focusing DPS on RM (except for a few spurts in-between putting a turtle to sleep and the next one spawning) until he's a few minutes away from spirit bombing everyone.

If you extend the turtle spawn timers, EXTEND the enrage timer.  Please.  C'mon developers let's test things once in awhile so we don't make any more obvious oopsies.

THIS THIS, plz gms read this, and fix that, if you update the RM like that, is gonna be nearly impossible to kill, plz reconsider that update. If a boss is hard is ok, I acept that, but if a boss has absurd or  inconsistent difficulty no lol.

Edited by narhak, 16 July 2013 - 10:08 PM.

#60 SaraLeah

SaraLeah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Location3rd Rock from Sol

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Please know that this is not the complete list, and more should be coming.

Also know that these notes can change at any time. 

WoE Times will be changed to 12pm PDT and 7pm PDT. 

PATCH NOTES for 7/17

1.Event

A.Guild EXP Surge event end

2.Culvert of Abyss

A.Rockstar Heroes (1st Boss)

i.Some skills has been removed from Guitarist/Vocalist/Pianist. It will become easier to get pass these bosses.

B.Golden Robberbug

i.Golden Robberbug will attack when its eggs get attaked.

C.Mini & Mongi

i.Mini & Mongi will attack when the minion speakers get attacked.

D.Rat Master Kremp

i.Invincible period for Kremp has been reduced from 4 minutes to 2 minutes.

ii.After starting combat with Kremp, the monster who summons other monsters has been changed from Leo to Kremp.

iii.Turtle assassin will be summoned 3 minutes, 5 minutes, and 7 minutes after the combat starts.

iv.Heal skill used by Kremp has been removed.

3.Item

A.Mugwort Garlic Concentrate effect has been corrected from HP recovery to HP reduce.

B.Rune Enhancement Elixir acquired from Pandora box has been fixed so that it can be used.

C.Getting head accessory from fusing 2 facial accessories has been fixed

4.WoE

A.Mercenary Kafra cannot be located within certain distance from the gate.

B.Siege weapons in WoE maps will be initialized(removed) before starting every WoE.

5.Card

A.Character window cards being shown as removable during the trade has been fixed.

6.NPC

A.Save point Kafra NPC has been added to Western Mjolnir mountains

7.Quest

A.Mount reward item has been added to quest Statue of Ignatz

B.VIP ticket reward item has been added to quest Furious Dean

C.Stats for named monsters has been slightly decreased.

8.System Setting

A.Limit for distance for other characters visibility has been added.

-Function to limit the number of characters shown in the screen according to PC specification.

9.Game Setting

A.Function to add Knight rank to the character’s name has been added.

so much complaining.. did you all fail to read the very first line?

I have changed the color and size to make it easier for you to notice.

do not get it wrong I have been very vocal on my feelings towards all this mess and I feel this list is nowhere where it should be. BUT it is stated first thing that it is incomplete.

best to wait and see.. if they screw the pooch again then by all means raise cain.

until then

#61 Dunkare

Dunkare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

8.System Setting

A.Limit for distance for other characters visibility has been added.

-Function to limit the number of characters shown in the screen according to PC specification.

limit? i need an option to get MORE distance and detail, not less  :pif:

#62 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

limit? i need an option to get MORE distance and detail, not less  :pif:

more is better

#63 Zaridragonfly

Zaridragonfly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:41 PM

The GMs gave us a video where they did WoE. I challenge them to give us a video where they do CoA N and H with legit equips:p_hi: 

#64 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Calm down guys. I'm sure they are taking their time into fixing bugs. Let's just patiently wait they're not like the devs in SEA where they just sit there like a rock and watch XD

Edited by LeviRD, 16 July 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#65 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

Please consider bringing noel to the server I know a lot of people that want them more than woe right now so please think about it. I speak for them.

It has been stated a thousand ties thus far, Noel is planned for September. They have already stated this in the previous Q&A and it has been said multiple times since. Cool your jets and wait for it when it is planned for. I very much wish to play them myself but I know this thing called patience, you should learn what it is as well, does a person good throughout their life.

#66 Crimmeh

Crimmeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

I must seriously be missing something here, or you are not reading this correctly. The timer on RM's enrage is not reduced, but the time he is invincible for is reduced. This is a good thing. As for the turtles it sounds to me as though they are spawning further apart, giving you more time to go after RM in between. So, how is this a bad change again?

#67 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Europe is not supposed to play in WoE, am I right?

#68 prismflower

prismflower

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:27 AM

Wow, this maintenance proved to be completely useless. You haven't dealt with the most game-breaking bugs.

#69 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Lets wait until the servers are patched and running, test the changes and then get our pitchforks.

Though they can bribe me by restoring my fusion stuff from that idiotic santa rudolph error - caused by useless programmers - not an intended result in any way.

#70 Bnyboy

Bnyboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

would you mined about the VIP days wasted because of the patcher error ?? like i just wasted 1week of VIPdays due to the error in patching . just wondering if it would be great if we can have compensation about this Error Call back. VIP Pack for me is really important im just a poor and its hard to have 2k+ of zenny since the VIP now is most needed when joining a raid 

#71 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

I must seriously be missing something here, or you are not reading this correctly. The timer on RM's enrage is not reduced, but the time he is invincible for is reduced. This is a good thing. As for the turtles it sounds to me as though they are spawning further apart, giving you more time to go after RM in between. So, how is this a bad change again?

I think what you're missing is experience fighting Ratmaster.  I take it you've never fought him on CoA Hard before. 

The invincible time reduced is not a good thing, because it means that you have to deal with all his mechanics -while- fighting the turtles.

Since you have never fought against ratmaster on CoA hard, I will try to explain to you the impossible hell it is like right now.

-  You aggro ratmaster, he summons Leo and goes to sleep.

-  Leo has approximately ~800k hp (I think 780k?) and to put him to sleep you must get him down to around somewhere between 150-180k hp.  It's a little delayed due to poor coding (him going to sleep, I mean), so I'm not sure of the exact number.

That's around 600k damage in 1 minute.  Because after 1 minute, Miki spawns.  After 2 minutes, Donna spawns.  After 3 minutes, Raffi spawns.  After 4 minutes, RM wakes up and kills you all.  (At least this is what CoA H is like right now-- you will see if you try it.) 

If you do not put all the turtles to sleep before RM wakes up, you will die.  This is because one turtle has an AoE silence that will prevent healing of any kind, Raffi will be hitting like a truck, and Donna apparently will target players at random to pick off, regardless of threat.  Also, When RM wakes up, he wakes Leo up shortly after.  That means you HAVE to deal with Leo quickly and kill him before Miki gets up as well.  If 2 turtles are awake when RM does his 45 second Hadouken combo, a party member will guarantee die (usually more than one).  They can't be ignored.  They can't be kited around the arena because some have random aggro that ignores threat, and sometimes they will just randomly go to back to RM to go after the tank (possibly a boss mechanic?).

-------

With the new patch, we will have 2 minutes to put Leo to sleep.  That's a lot more reasonable.  But It will take AT LEAST 2 minutes (probably a bit longer) to deal that much damage.    And then as we put him to sleep, RM will wake up.  When RM wakes up, he will wake Leo up again.  That means you will have to kill him as Miki appears.

This sounds good right?  As though you can cycle killing each turtle as the next one spawns?  That's true!

But hold on!  This whole time you're focused killing these turtles (spawning at 3, 5, and 7 minutes) you are barely hitting RM-- and probably just throwing some DoT's on him with the occasional focus fire in between a turtle sleeping & waking up... if you even achieve that kind of extra time.

That means that at around 9 minutes, you will FINALLY be killing the last turtle.  You will now have 5 minutes to deal ~2 mil damage (and this is being generous, assuming you did 500k damage of dots / offhand focus fire while fighting the turtles).  And you must do this while dealing with all the stun mechanics, giant AoE's, abyss demons, and other things that force you to temporarily stop DPS to survive.

So to make it short-- the enrage timer has to be extended.  And I am the last person to want them to make the game easier.  I actually like games and challenges that feel like they're impossible. 

But in this case it really will be impossible.  There's no way any super +10 cash shop group in the world can deal 2 mil damage in 5 minutes (and they won't even have 5 minutes, because every 45 seconds they get stunned by RM's Hadouken and snared).

Cheating players on SEA and kRO had trouble dealing 2.6 mil damage before to RM before his enrage timer went off while he was ALONE without the turtles (because they bugged them).  And they had better gear and a 3k HP buff (on SEA).  I think in one video I even saw them start the fight somehow right away-- bypassing RM's invincibility timer completely.  And they still had trouble!

If you try out the content yourself, you will quickly understand how laughably insane CoA H RM will be if his enrage timer isn't changed to match the new turtle spawn pattern.  It will be impossible without spinels-- which is not intended and shouldn't be required to win. 

Edited by xxalucard, 17 July 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#72 Adraude

Adraude

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationChile / Santiago / Providencia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

And, DELUGE BUG ( iff a Land of Recovery its first Deluge dont appear ), Highness Heal bug ( dont heal sometimes ), KHAR MASTER DUNGEON ( its always bloked, I got items and lvl 10 but still no give it ), been always fall down maps and dungeons, in dungeons ( normals ) always BM, Knight, warrior and Monks equipment, something happen with the TANKS classes that have more % of droping, pearltus card, its like 0000000,1 % droping those BUGS are important and really are making people go from this game =(

#73 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

What about your promised blood points refund when you died in WoE during this week?

#74 w3nti

w3nti

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Server:NA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

hope assassin skill bug can fix soon

#75 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yeah I officially quit. Pointless patch to buff encounters that were already hard mechanically and no bug fixes for the current problems that plague this game. If anyone wants a lv 50 rogue/ranger with kafra shop crap and decent gears, send me an message.

Let's rage quit BEFORE the patch has hit, and the FULL notes are revealed. LOGIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users