Pet Intimacy/Hunger lock at intimacy Loyal - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Pet Intimacy/Hunger lock at intimacy Loyal

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Okay not sure if this has been suggested before but I'll be honest, the reason why alot of people don't really care for the pet system is no matter what loyalty you have it at if you wait too long to feed it it will drop in intimacy and eventually run away. >Run Away<

this is not only something everyone who likes pet systems would want but something you could even make a bit of money off of if you thought about it. Especially for people handling rare and expensive pets! Almost any pet lover would want their pet to follow them where-ever they go, but in order to do that they have to constantly check the pets hunger lvl every minute. (Especially with the really tough to maintain pets that get hungry FAST!)

My suggestion is simple. As soon as they reach Intimacy Loyal, have it lock at that loyalty either naturally or through some KP item to be used on that loyal pet so that you never have to worry about having to feed it every 1-4 minutes. feeding pets can become very labor-ish and it would be nice if they could "stay loyal" when you manage to get them loyal after so much work of maintaining them.

*** Suggestion simplified: Intimacy/hunger lock when they reach intimacy "Loyal"

*** Suggested ways this may work: KP item, naturally, or through some sort of quest.

Does this sound like too much to ask? :p_conf: 

I myself haven't had a pet run away in about 2 years now and I handle pets alot. would be nice not to have to worry about it's intimacy dropping every time I die or having to put it away all the time when in dangerous areas as I love having my pets out!  :p_laugh: 

Will note any suggestions of any other ways it may work and give due credit to the one whom added on to this suggestion~ :p_angel:

Personally all I'm asking is once you get a pet to loyal have the intimacy and hunger lock so all your work doesn't just evaporate upon a simple mistake as leaving it out on an emergency AFK. 

*Suggestions made by others: 
 -Suggestion made by Perezoso15:
       "A intimacy boosting item kinda like a battle manual that will increase Intimacy alot quicker then normal. ("Special intimacy foods")"

Edited by Cmoota, 20 July 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#2 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

On that note I would like to present my case as to one of the many reasons why I am offering this as a suggestion. I have an Incubus pet that I like to take with me whenever I'm farming or doing something that requires Longevity and self sustainance.
  Every now and then this has particularly bothered me. I worked REALLY HARD getting this pet to loyal, only to have it fall all the way down to the bottom lvl of Cordial upon a Disconnect that had occured as soon as I clicked "feed pet" wich really pissed me off.

NOW I have to spend MORE hours raising its intimacy lvl back up when it should still be at loyal! So you can see where I'm coming from. 
  by the way it takes HOURS to get it from Cordial to Loyal if not days...  :p_swt:

Edited by Cmoota, 20 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#3 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I agree :/,pets like incubus that are rare and you want to have out not just because of the looks but of the effect which are usually hard to get to loyal....dying and seeing so much time feeding it go away in just a second is awful x_x it'd be nice having something like an intimacy BM to get more intimacy while the effect lasts or a quests to get special intimacy food that gives more points than a regular feed.

Kinda off-topic but at the same time not so much,something similar would be nice to have to boost intimacy lvl for homunculus that although doesnt go away when it or you die it takes way more time to farm than,i think,any pet intimacy :/.

#4 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Bump~ 

#5 QueenNicki

QueenNicki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:37 AM

I completely agree with this. It's a pain having to do this forever

#6 Kimea

Kimea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationWhere the sun shines
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

...Or maybe make it so that the Cute Pet interface is similar to the Homunculus Interface, where we can feed the pet to 100% fullness and will take 1 hour for the fullness level to go down to 15% with a visual warning of the pet signaling the owner that it is hungry.

I also like the suggestion of once reaching the intimacy of Loyal, the pet will stay Loyal permanently. The suggestion of through "Natural" means, maybe implement a "Bond" system, wherein the longer we got our pets out of their eggs, the stronger the bond we form with them until eventually, their Loyalty will be permanent, unless we failed to feed them properly.

I am really really scared in sending my Loli Ruri pet out whenever I do something in a dangerous area. It is sad, coz, the Pet System has been around for a long time, and they never really improved it... Sure, the stat bonuses and some Pets performing skills are epic-cool, but there's got to be a better way in maintaining them.  :ani_shy:

#7 bryanctan

bryanctan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of the Awesome Ones

Posted 19 August 2013 - 02:38 AM

totally agree with the hunger lock at loyal intimacy. I know the developers want to keep you aware and responsible for your pet, but there comes a point where we've done so much already but our pet still dies. this has to change for the better.

#8 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

i love homun, hope GMs will give some priority on this stuff.

#9 Cmoota

Cmoota

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:51 AM

XD Thank you very much, I hope you'll continue to support my suggestion~ now to keep it up and running. -bump-

#10 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2392 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

I like this one! Please make it happen :)

#11 Energystar

Energystar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

:ok: :no1:

#12 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

I agree with this idea. I have not owned a pet since my Incubus ran away.

#13 ItWasOnATuesday

ItWasOnATuesday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia, the land of dial-up internet.
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

I'd love this as well. Or have pets which attack. But I feel there would be too many issues with that, so at least give us the lock :ok:

#14 taianlight

taianlight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:chaos

Posted 28 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

I agree with this idea. I have not owned a pet since my Incubus ran away.

This ^

I would totally love to have a companion monster, but the way the system works, doesnt promote long time pet owners. 

Which is way hardly anyone invested in them, but your idea of locking the hunger when loyal seems like a nice pay off and

you can keep your pet along for the adventure.

#15 ItWasOnATuesday

ItWasOnATuesday

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia, the land of dial-up internet.
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 October 2014 - 03:29 AM

No responsive yet?

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 October 2014 - 04:00 AM

No responsive yet?

This proposal was made in July 2013. If there hasn't been an official response yet there won't be one now. Campitor has openly stated that they don't respond to proposals anyway, though they try to read them.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:26 AM

Can I blow a vani up repeatedly if this happens? :p_idea:

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

no because it's not a pet.

#19 LoveIsBlue

LoveIsBlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

I don't think this idea is good for some reason.

#20 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:11 AM

You shouldn't be rewarded for animal cruelty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users