Aurum Castle Gear contest, looking back. - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Aurum Castle Gear contest, looking back.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Indow

Indow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAman
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Guild Wars 2

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

So, older players probably remember the contest about 2 years ago in which there was a possibility to win the Aurum Castle Gear contest based on activity. Alot of people became pretty pissed because a few CG's were given to brand new players that were only trying out the game.

Two years have passed, the CG still hasn't been permanently added to the game and I'd like to congratulate Gravity on the fact that finally one of those 'new players' (Fireprincess) has decided to log in again to check out the game. It might be interesting to know that he's not gonna play the game, which leaves a pretty Aurum CG wasted once more.

Now when do we get to see the CG finally introduced as a craftable item?

#2 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Maybe once the PAT update rolls around I would guess.

#3 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 27 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

There are still some of those CGs arround, however they rarely show off with them (i guess you have to be a special type of person to afk with a CG in junon for months).

A PAT update is planned, however give the devs some time to release the skill update first :P

Edited by SlowBob, 27 July 2013 - 01:34 PM.

#4 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

hurr durr we er holding up all event fer ze skel update

hurhurhurhur

seriously, they are holding up all events for the skill update. Hoping for more activities after that.

#5 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

Aurum CG ? never seen one i think

#6 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

There used to be a player that would sometimes have his on. I don't think he plays anymore, but he was always vending near storage.

#7 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

By the time they hopes the aurum CG has aquired enough value to be sold they will be commonplace >.<, they never should have given them to players who never play, I know its hard to guess who stops and who keeps playing, but by giving them to some more well known people you at least get the chance they might give it to clannies or friends when they leave......

#8 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Maybe once the PAT update rolls around I would guess.

10 years later...

There are still some of those CGs arround, however they rarely show off with them (i guess you have to be a special type of person to afk with a CG in junon for months).

A PAT update is planned, however give the devs some time to release the skill update first :P

I think he/she meant that Aurum CG is gone. It's not the regular one you can see in Leonis or Draconis. I doubt if a person with Aurum CG logged in past years or later, no one who got that CG ever plays ROSE, if it was non account bound they could atleast sell it or give it away to someone.

#9 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

10 years later...

I think he/she meant that Aurum CG is gone. It's not the regular one you can see in Leonis or Draconis. I doubt if a person with Aurum CG logged in past years or later, no one who got that CG ever plays ROSE, if it was non account bound they could atleast sell it or give it away to someone.

Well you doubt it, i've seen it. Btw, what kind of event are you guys expecting? Everyone deserves an equal right to get a reward, it can't be that less known players shouldn't be rewarded. Btw how do you define a well known player?^^

#10 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

yea that the million zulie question, the only thing I can say that when they announced the names almost all forums people and most people i know ingame went : who are they ?>

#11 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well you doubt it, i've seen it. Btw, what kind of event are you guys expecting? Everyone deserves an equal right to get a reward, it can't be that less known players shouldn't be rewarded. Btw how do you define a well known player?^^

define a well known player hum ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME oh yea not to forget ME hehe , just whish i had that CG i would show it off 24/7 lol

#12 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

They won a fair competiton, even if noone knew them it was still right to pass them the CGs. And like i saied, that noone is using them doesn't mean that they don't exist. I for example keep my treasures at my storrage :)

#13 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

yea yea i understand its a fair competition and it shows gravity really just pulled a number from a hat, but its still a shame we never ever get to see one !!! xD

#14 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

here is a pic :P

AurumCG.jpg

#15 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

here is a pic :P

AurumCG.jpg

aww it looks soooo much nicer then the one ingame GIVE ME ONE PLX lol :P

#16 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

The skill description says: Can't be used by Max.

I guess you got bad luck :P

#17 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

The skill description says: Can't be used by Max.

I guess you got bad luck :P

hehe yea like always in life i have bad luck like normal oh well thats my day going :P

#18 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:06 AM

Again, I did use to see them around Junon Polis. I guess the players that won them, got bored with the game and quit, or they are taking a break. They won them fair and square, I do wish I had won one, but I didn't. I am not going to run around with sour grapes syndrome.

#19 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

We can always check to see if we bring them back in someway.  Whether it be a contest or possibly crafting them.

#20 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:24 AM

too late, I cant get out of this crate of sour grapes, pdfisher help me!!!! xD

craftable please, just make the mats ultra rare or something ^^

#21 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 08:38 AM

What's the point making it ultra rare. I guess they can make more better CGs than that one.

#22 Logi

Logi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1060 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

Sure, id love to see more CGs but I guess they will work on CG mechanics first so we can actually use them in the game, it takes ages for new content to appear, I dont mind them being rare but here we have new content that simply isnt used..... and  thats just a shame dont you think ?

#23 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:24 PM

LOL Ok, here is what  you do. Take that crate of sour grapes, and add some sugar to it, You are sweet enough, you can spare some. Then tromp on them with ur feet, wala! Grape Juice :D

#24 Kitt

Kitt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 03:57 PM

I have the Aurum CG on one of my accounts.  I have only one character who can use Castle Gears, as it seems they are more for PvP than for PvM, and the quest to gain the skill to drive CGs was expensive and a bit of a pain to complete, if memory serves.  He's my highest level character, and a farming Bourg, so he's usually in the field fighting something to gather mats for my crafter.  Even though I have some cool and semi-rare things, I don't like to show off (weird to be shy about stuff in a game, but I am!)

The way I earned my Aurum CG was to promote ROSE to my friends.  Ten of them had to accept my invitation and follow the link I sent them to download the game, create Warp Portal and ROSE accounts, and log in, if memory serves.  Unfortunately, of the eleven of my friends who took a look at ROSE, only one actually liked it enough to hang around and play, and she quit after her character hit level 70 or so.

The Aurum CG is an experimental model according to the description, and it is not as good in combat as the currently craftable CGs are.  Each piece has a weight of 25 and no stats at all, as the Reinforced Cores, Runihol Legs and so forth do, and they are account bound.

Spoiler

I'm not going to be playing ROSE tonight, so I can log Lemenkainen in and camp him out in Junon Polis (Leonis server) with his Aurum CG.  Look for him near Eva, facing the front gate of Junon Polis.  Chances are I'll be away from keyboard, though.

#25 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

I still think it's dumb they made the arua CG into the "Aurum CG", what's going to happen to the Hebarn CG? You know.. the black + red one with a morning star for a weapon?...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users