Sealed Magma Lord weapons at level 1? - Game Balances - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sealed Magma Lord weapons at level 1?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Namadu

Namadu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

So, why do new players get weapons (Sealed Magma Lord weapons corresponding to their class) that allows them to deal 1000 damage per hit, more than enough for early monsters to be taken out in one hit? Also, "newbie" players get supposed Event Elf gear (Elf Warrior gear, for Warriors, and so on) which gives incredibly high stats and ridiculous set bonuses. It's no fun. :Emo_14:

I would rather start with gear more fitting for those levels, where the gameplay could be stimulating and enjoyable through the beginning rather than ridiculously easy and boring. If, at least, there was an option to begin with such equipment, the game would be much more enjoyable.

I am not sure whether this is a mistake or an attempt to bring more new players to play the game for longer, but in the case of the latter, it has the exact opposite effect on some players. Please fix this for those of us who desire more stimulation.

tl;dr Overpowered newbie gear is not fun. Fix it please.

#2 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

So, why do new players get weapons (Sealed Magma Lord weapons corresponding to their class) that allows them to deal 1000 damage per hit, more than enough for early monsters to be taken out in one hit? Also, "newbie" players get supposed Event Elf gear (Elf Warrior gear, for Warriors, and so on) which gives incredibly high stats and ridiculous set bonuses. It's no fun. :Emo_14:

I would rather start with gear more fitting for those levels, where the gameplay could be stimulating and enjoyable through the beginning rather than ridiculously easy and boring. If, at least, there was an option to begin with such equipment, the game would be much more enjoyable.

I am not sure whether this is a mistake or an attempt to bring more new players to play the game for longer, but in the case of the latter, it has the exact opposite effect on some players. Please fix this for those of us who desire more stimulation.

tl;dr Overpowered newbie gear is not fun. Fix it please.

They had events like this before. Like one event gave you +10 enchaned Anukus helmet, top, and Dark Soul weapon. So right when you hit Level 35-37 you'd have above average armor/weapon.

I think the even should be optional. Like "Do you wish to participate in this event?" and if you select No they'll let you use the normal stuff.

#3 Luckyin

Luckyin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

I agree with Coolsam

some ppl want more challenging and some ppl enjoy being at low lvl with very good equips

to be frank, im the latter type

well in this event, it's just having the opportunity to wear good equips at low lvl without putting much effort in it

(in contrast to the past, by the time we get rich enough to get a fully godly set at low lvl---> already have 2~3 characters at 70+)

so ya, would be great that we can choose whether we want or not

#4 Namadu

Namadu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, it would be fantastic for us short-term early-game people if we could have a fun, action-packed game experience while others still get the equipment they wish. At the very least, I would like to see the normal beginner weapon (and other equipment, if any) in our inventory as well, so that we can just destroy the powerful equipment as desired.

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, it would be fantastic for us short-term early-game people if we could have a fun, action-packed game experience while others still get the equipment they wish. At the very least, I would like to see the normal beginner weapon (and other equipment, if any) in our inventory as well, so that we can just destroy the powerful equipment as desired.

Well fortunately for you, you still get weaker weapons in quests. Weapons for level 5, 10, 15, and 20 when you promote. And even some afterward. The sealed magmas are designed to be useful until Level 50.

#6 Namadu

Namadu

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Well fortunately for you, you still get weaker weapons in quests. Weapons for level 5, 10, 15, and 20 when you promote. And even some afterward. The sealed magmas are designed to be useful until Level 50.

Alrighty, I gotcha. That will probably help quite a bit, thank you. I'd still like to start off with that stuff, especially since I'm trying to get someone else into this game (someone else who also dislikes overpowered equipment at level 1), but it sure makes a decent temporary fix. 

Getting to level 5, though, might be a test of patience for him. We'll see.  :Emo_13:

#7 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Alrighty, I gotcha. That will probably help quite a bit, thank you. I'd still like to start off with that stuff, especially since I'm trying to get someone else into this game (someone else who also dislikes overpowered equipment at level 1), but it sure makes a decent temporary fix. 

Getting to level 5, though, might be a test of patience for him. We'll see.  :Emo_13:

I believe you'll also get some armor as well if the epic defenses at that level are too easy as well.

#8 EIEIO

EIEIO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Server:Only one here... DUHH!?!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:48 AM

I think they did it to kill the painful grind most people had to go thru. I mean it's not exactly fun leveling at level 10-40 ghost towns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users