#1 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

So I was using synthetic's stat build comparison spreadsheet and had an urge to mod it to get a more comprehensive idea about stats. I kinda overdid it.

O5jpClM.png

The focus of the spreadsheet is to calculate damage tradeoffs (works for heals also) and HP tradeoffs as well as finding the optimum build for your play style. Keep in mind that you'll need to know a few things before you can start making comparisons such as stats your equips give you and your title stats. Keep common sense and limitations in mind when you play with numbers. There is no way you're getting over 9000 STR.

Areas in orange/peach are places you can input values. Light green areas contain dropdown boxes for various things. Everything else is locked down to prevent tampering formulas. As far as keeping track of stats and such, there is a very basic area in the spreadsheet. You're on your own otherwise.

Build 1 is intended to be the base stats, cards, and runes you currently have or want. Build 2 is intended to be the stats you want to compare against build 1. Everything else should be self-explanatory. Notes are provided in the file for somewhat vague input cells.

To download the file, click the image above. It should work with Excel and Open Office. You can use the google docs if you want, but keep in mind that anyone can use it and may be edited while you're using it. Google docs version closed down for being screwy. If anyone knows of an online place that preserve dropdowns properly, let me know and I'll move the web version there. In the mean time, download the original file.

Leave feedback/suggestions below. I hope one day someone can make an actual program of this.

FAQ
Q. So about buffs....

A. I assume all skill buffs are maxed out. I could add levels to them, but it's more work than I'm willing to do right now. The only exception is Flat Crit%. You can add that yourself.
-----
Q. What's Flat Crit%

A. You can use it two ways. First way is the total Crit you have, base or after buffs. Keep in mind though that using it this way includes Crit derived from AGI. If you add your current AGI to the sheet while using Crit in this manner, the numbers will be skewed.

The initial idea was to use it to total the following:
Crit from Pump It Hard, Mark of Genocide, Shadow Claw, Critical Doping, and anything else that gives flat Crit.
-----
Q. It shows my Crit/Dodge/Parry as xx.58 but it says it's xx.59 in game. What's the deal?

A. Rounding errors. The game shows % rates up to 2 decimal points, and I'm not quite sure if it just truncates the 0.000 point or something else. Should be accurate otherwise. I mean really, like 0.01 difference saved anyone.
-----
Q. Where's the WIS?

A. We don't talk about WIS.

Edited by Rukaroa, 24 August 2013 - 09:01 AM.

#2 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Amazing! I'll play with this once I get home, awesome job, and thanks for this!  :no1:

#3 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

This looks awesome!
Way better than my half-assed page which I was just using to math faster for me and help me figure out atk vs. crit breakpoints.  I only know very rudimentary basics on how to make spreadsheets.

I'm definitely going to link my thread to here unless you don't want me to.

Q. Where's the WIS?

Damn straight.

#4 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

I'm definitely going to link my thread to here unless you don't want me to.

Nah, go ahead. I just hope this helps people.

I'll be adding a few more notes in the spreadsheet later to help clarify certain buffs.

#5 whadafuho

whadafuho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

Wow thanks, great job!

#6 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

Corrected an error where average damage for build 2 did not calculate correctly when Battle Tactics was turned on. Please download the new version for the update.

#7 Armlock2

Armlock2

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Ruka, are master potions modifier working?

I cant see anything different when putting master agi or master vit

#8 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:17 PM

The Master potions only affect the totals for builds 1 and 2. It should be working if you use the download version linked in the image. Google docs is screwy.

Edited by Rukaroa, 07 August 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#9 ShotsFired

ShotsFired

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:49 PM

Can you clerify the Flat Crit% field.  Am I entering the Crit % that is shown after all buffs are applied?

#10 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

Can you clerify the Flat Crit% field.  Am I entering the Crit % that is shown after all buffs are applied?

You can do it that way, but keep in mind that the Crit% includes crit from AGI. If you put your current AGI into the formula, it will skew the numbers.

This is what I originally had in mind.

Crit from Pump It Hard, Thief Buff, Sin Buff, Doping, and anything else that gives flat Crit

#11 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Q. Where's the WIS?

Guh noooo my precious wis!!!!

Just wanted to say this is an awesome little tool and helps a lot when figuring out what type of build is best or what I need to work on building up more stat-wise. :no1:

#12 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

Bug fix update. Crit damage for build #2 should update properly now.

#13 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:55 PM

If you are looking for an online stat calculator you can try our new improved Stat Calculator. It's not as good as this spread sheet for build optimization and comparision but you can use it to play around with some stats quite easy and share them with your friends like this: My Example Build.

#14 RyeAkai

RyeAkai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Ruka, any chance you could update this with the guild skills?

#15 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:13 PM

Still in the process of cleaning up my formulas. Will think about it though.

#16 RyeAkai

RyeAkai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

Ok, thanks  :)

#17 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Having a little trouble getting the right numbers with PT and Tactics included in the formula. Gonna have to do more testing before I can release an update.

Edit:

Figured it out. Just gotta streamline this whole thing. No ETA.

Edit 2:

Gonna hold off on updating this for now with Noels coming. I need to look at their skills and such.

Edited by Rukaroa, 05 September 2013 - 01:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users