PETS in Colo :( :( :( ? - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PETS in Colo :( :( :( ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#101 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

I never said we SHOULD allow runes or cards in colo. All I said, is that by your criteria, they should be since they are available to everyone.

You are the person confusing availability and balance.

Let me make it simple for you with an easy example about the difference between "balance" and "availability".

Everyone has access to Inverse of Ruins in colo. It is "available" to everyone, and by YOUR logic, this is "balanced".

Now let's look at two characters with Inverse.

Priest + Inverse = AoE freeze. That's it. It's basically no different than Eremes or any other stunner.

Sorc + Inverse = Almost constant double damage for ALL sorcs in colo thanks to lightning spells being doubled on on frozen targets.

What other class can achieve near constant double damage with ANY pet?

How are pets "balanced" if one pet makes one class waaaaay more overpowered than others?

So my only point has ever been, that is was ignorant of you to be rude to that guy a few posts back who mentioned pets being unbalanced since you can't even distinguish between balance and availability.

I'm not even going to get into what changes I'd prefer in colo.

And, yeah, I'm a caster. But as with pretty much everything else you've rebutted--you're just insisting I've made arguments I'm not making.  Like how does me saying Inverse makes sorcs godly support your claim that I'm only interested in balancing pets to suit my own classes' needs? They're already in my favor!h 

Ok, so, your argument doesn't really apply to colo as much as it does to general PvP. Don't be two faced and say being OP in WoE and duels is fine, but colo isn't. Because colo is as balanced as Dolly Parton. 

Your argument is that a certain pet makes a class OP. Let me direct you to the general pet thread http://forums.warppo...pet-discussion/

Isn't that so much easier we got you into the right area? Post there to your hearts content about pet bias.

Oh, and about this sentence "I never said we SHOULD allow runes or cards in colo. All I said, is that by your criteria, they should be since they are available to everyone."  By your criteria, nothing should be allowed in Colo. You see, what you missed about what I said was PET ARE ALLOWED. EVERYONE CAN USE PETS. It's not the idea that we need to make runes and cards work; THEY DON'T.  No need to even mention these things, I have no clue what you were trying to reference here. You're adding a third leg to this argument that just throws the whole thing out of whack. 

The worst part is, you're picking one thing out of my arguments to have a problem with. For example, you totally ignored when I pointed out colo is bad for lowbies from the start, because of their lack of skill points. You were worried it would be out of whack for them because lvl 50 people would have pets only obtainable at a high level. For you, it's like people in Africa are starving and have no shoes. Lets give them shoes cause I like shoes. One problem down, 99% of the issue to go.

I wish I could pick and choose like you, I'd be an eight foot tall trillionaire with his own planet and personal army of greek gods.

Add a pony to that too, while I'm dreaming.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 03:31 AM.

#102 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:16 PM

lol the argument is in the right place as its about how op inverse pet is for sorcs in colo - and I dont see any post about how being OP in WoE is fine. You're the one not getting it :P

I don't really care much whether pets should be in colo or not though because it hasn't made much difference to me - maybe because I haven't come across a sorc with inverse pet yet I might change my mind if that happens

#103 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

calmdown.gif

220px-Keep-calm-and-carry-on-scan.jpg

278587177_640.jpg

Lindsay-Lohan-deal-with-it.gif

Edited by ZT0100, 21 August 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#104 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:13 PM

lol the argument is in the right place as its about how op inverse pet is for sorcs in colo - and I dont see any post about how being OP in WoE is fine. You're the one not getting it :P

I don't really care much whether pets should be in colo or not though because it hasn't made much difference to me - maybe because I haven't come across a sorc with inverse pet yet I might change my mind if that happens

I'm really not sure what you're saying. You don't care, but you do, but you don't see how it's relevant to WoE, but it does apply to colo.

I'm sure you're confused honey <3 take some time out and rest, ok?  If this argument is in the right place, perhaps you were looking for the Hello Kitty forums? :D

Edited by MallardPrimus, 21 August 2013 - 09:19 PM.

#105 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

dam, got revealed 3 times last colo

pets with aoe skills make rogue's 2min CDs worse than they already are lol

#106 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

I'm really not sure what you're saying. You don't care, but you do, but you don't see how it's relevant to WoE, but it does apply to colo.

I'm sure you're confused honey <3 take some time out and rest, ok?  If this argument is in the right place, perhaps you were looking for the Hello Kitty forums? :D

I never once stated or implied that I currently care whether or not pets should be allowed in colo. You might also want to re-read what I said about WoE because you clearly misunderstood that too.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#107 perseus1100

perseus1100

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:59 AM

hi there i'm from sea server, we here have pets already be banned on colo.

If you guys see a vador do 8k+ damage aoe then you will know why pet is not allowed on colo, some pets are simply overpowered when they hit lv2/3/4.

Edited by perseus1100, 22 August 2013 - 05:00 AM.

#108 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:10 AM

hi there i'm from sea server, we here have pets already be banned on colo.

If you guys see a vador do 8k+ damage aoe then you will know why pet is not allowed on colo, some pets are simply overpowered when they hit lv2/3/4.

Then I guess sorcerers should be banned as well. :)

#109 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:29 AM

On yesterday's colo I couldn't hide more than twice, sometimes even once (the initial hide) because a pet AoE DoT me >=D!!!

Many had a very disgusting death because of that anyway... «Crescent Moon» ftw >=P

#110 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:41 AM

On yesterday's colo I couldn't hide more than twice, sometimes even once (the initial hide) because a pet AoE DoT me >=D!!!

Many had a very disgusting death because of that anyway... «Crescent Moon» ftw >=P

Crescent Moon power!

-snip-

heheheheh

Edited by ZT0100, 22 August 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#111 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

I think you need to take english lessons lol I never once stated or implied that I currently care whether or not pets should be allowed in colo. You might also want to re-read what I said about WoE because you clearly misunderstood that too. It already is obvious from your previous posts that you lack comprehension of the english language and you even admitted it in the first sentence of your last post. As further proof that you are the one thats confused, I'm sure that PuniTenshu will agree with me - you're the only one who thinks everyone else is confused except yourself. Let me give you some advice: don't skip school to play ro2 or go to these forums. School is important for you. You can thank me later. :)

You seem to be angry. Is it because you have nothing to say? 

http://www.hellokitt...m/thread?t=anon

There you go! Don't miss nap time, you get cranky fast   :Emo_21: 

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 08:57 AM.

#112 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

You seem to be angry. Is it because you have nothing to say? 

http://www.hellokitt...m/thread?t=anon

There you go! Don't miss nap time, you get cranky fast   :Emo_21: 

We get it, Mallard. You either just hang around to irk people or have no reading comprehension.

Either way, it doesn't reflect well on you. If it's the former case...well then you really need to find a new hobby. If it's not, then maybe you should realize that when multiple tell you you're not understanding them that maybe you actually are misreading things. (and hold back on that prickly nature of yours until you really DO have a clue what others are talking about).

#113 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:15 AM

We get it, Mallard. You either just hang around to irk people or have no reading comprehension.

Either way, it doesn't reflect well on you. If it's the former case...well then you really need to find a new hobby. If it's not, then maybe you should realize that when multiple tell you you're not understanding them that maybe you actually are misreading things. (and hold back on that prickly nature of yours until you really DO have a clue what others are talking about).

You won't get off the topic of comprehension. I really pissed you and Mr. Numbers off quickly....it's sad really, how fast children devolve into butthurt and anger.

Get off your high and mighty horse and get back into the argument. I directed the angry little child to the proper area.

Do you want me to make you an account there? Or do you want to hide from my amazing arguments by trying to feign intelligence and belittle me more?

Now start making proper points in this thread again, the sheer butthurt here is derailing it quickly.One of the worst parst is when I pick apart your "logic" and you completely ignore it, as if I just didn't expose titanic gaping flaws in your reasoning. This is terrible debating on your part Punani, shame on you. It's no better when you skip over areas you don't like and pull one sentence out of context and scream and kick like it's the end of the world.

To get the ball rolling, I counter your Embus + Sorc claim with Sin/Rogue/Ranger stealth + Huge pet AoEs. (It's not along the same lines of OP argument, but it does carry a hugely valid point for colo)

Ohh-ohh, I have an even better one!  Ranger stealth dmg bufff  + Poring dmg buff. 

I also fear the full heal pots benefit knights and warriors more than they do squishy classes.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 09:41 AM.

#114 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

I'm the mad one? 

Congratulations on coming up with some more examples that support my point of why pets aren't balanced despite being available to everyone.

Now tell me, what can a knight, warrior, monk, bm, or priest do that's even close to these examples with pets in colo? 

I still get the feeling you don't get what you're arguing about since you're actually highlighting imbalances.

#115 IXGHOSTXI

IXGHOSTXI

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:57 AM

wow people who are afraid for a 2min cd pet that does not do mch damage specially in colo., come on now you all know that pets can be used by anyone and those who dont have money should start hunting rather than crying. this thread is just pittiful, now there are classes who can even the colo with a minor debuff against range type who can trap you or freeze u.. pls dont be too selfish and think about your topic carefully. it is not anyones responsibility if you are too lazy to hunt or weak to even consider pets as game play destroyer. pls look at the damage pet can do in colo and outside colo and you will find that in colo they are not enough to kill u.

#116 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

I'm the mad one? 

Congratulations on coming up with some more examples that support my point of why pets aren't balanced despite being available to everyone.

Now tell me, what can a knight, warrior, monk, bm, or priest do that's even close to these examples with pets in colo? 

I still get the feeling you don't get what you're arguing about since you're actually highlighting imbalances.

Yes, the tone of your post suggests you have a strong sting in your rear still, Punani.

Now, follow closely. You accused me of being ignorant of the fact that pets favor one class in particular, sorcs+Embus being your piece of driftwood you cling to oh-so much.

Now, what I did was figure out ways to even the equation. Like you said before, it's not fair because certain classes are too OP with certain pets. So I went looking for combos that made CLASSES OTHER THAN SORCS OP. I followed the logical route that if EVERYONE IS OP, NO ONE IS OP.

The theme of the argument might be in your favor, because I am supporting the fact that certain pets make certain classes OP. However, I'm driving a stake into the diseased heart of YOUR ARGUMENT that SORC PWN EVERYONE WITH THIS SPECIFIC PET. The stake I'm using? EVERYONE HAS A PET THAT GIVES THEIR CLASS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE THAT OTHER CLASSES CANNOT PROFIT FROM. IF EVERYONE HAS AN IMBALANCED PET ADVANTAGE, NO ONE HAS AN IMBALANCED PET ADVANTAGE. If you choose to feign ignorance of this explanation using words, here is math: (-1+1)=??

I don't think you've seen a knight/war/monk with fast pet cooldown, and the pet he/she is using has a strong heal.

Have you ever seen Eremes in action? Look, I'm going to contradict my own point(slightly) about how people have a pet that makes only their specific class IMBA. Eremes is the universal destroyer of worlds. With certain class stuns, he can help hold people in place more than molasses on a cold winters eve.

Are you done yet? Do you need more? I'm not even asking you to admit defeat, but to simply realize how silly it sounds to glorify sorcs and embus. It's not even that huge of an advantage, you're acting like that sorc is gonna JT and Spear the 10 people he just caught in the freeze from Embus, when in reality he could only single burst one.

You know what would be OP? If sorcs could somehow force a freeze state on any target they wished, as a natural ability of the class.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 10:40 AM.

#117 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

wow people who are afraid for a 2min cd pet that does not do mch damage specially in colo., come on now you all know that pets can be used by anyone and those who dont have money should start hunting rather than crying. this thread is just pittiful, now there are classes who can even the colo with a minor debuff against range type who can trap you or freeze u.. pls dont be too selfish and think about your topic carefully. it is not anyones responsibility if you are too lazy to hunt or weak to even consider pets as game play destroyer. pls look at the damage pet can do in colo and outside colo and you will find that in colo they are not enough to kill u.

Apparently you aren't aware that the pet cooldown can be 30 seconds if leveled which basically amounts to continuous pet summoning.

Apparently you aren't aware that an AoE freeze is like giving a sorc infinite Frost Dive (mean double to quadruple damage on everyone frozen)

Apparently you arent aware that in SEA high class boss pets were doing AoEs that hit for thousands of dmg.

#118 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Apparently you aren't aware that the pet cooldown can be 30 seconds if leveled which basically amounts to continuous pet summoning.

Apparently you aren't aware that an AoE freeze is like giving a sorc infinite Frost Dive (mean double to quadruple damage on everyone frozen)

Apparently you arent aware that in SEA high class boss pets were doing AoEs that hit for thousands of dmg.

Punani, I didn't want to say this for the sake of good debate, however, you've left me no choice. 

Strong Will.

Edit: Just to point out more fun stuff.

(mean double to quadruple damage on everyone frozen)  I had no idea sorc's had an AoE spear, or an aoe JT. I need to respec obviously.

You know what would be even more broken than giving Sorcs an Embus-like single target ability? The ability to spam their basic dmg spell and let it give them a 30% chance to have the same lightning dmg bonus the embus freeze gives. That would be OP!

Apparently you arent aware that in SEA high class boss pets were doing AoEs that hit for thousands of dmg.  Cause Embus does thousands of damage with it's AoE? Or are you going to say that this massive AoE dmg from the boss pets only benefits sorcs again?

Are we done here? I think the only IMBA things about Colo are the premades.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 10:20 AM.

#119 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

You won't get off the topic of comprehension. I really pissed you and Mr. Numbers off quickly....it's sad really, how fast children devolve into butthurt and anger.

Get off your high and mighty horse and get back into the argument. I directed the angry little child to the proper area.

Please stop derailing the thread and stop misunderstanding what we are saying on purpose.

And please stop advertising other forums

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#120 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

*Some pets, like inverse of ruins, will use abilities that aren't affected by the usual "balance buffs" set in place.  For example, Inverse can AoE freeze you for 10 seconds--  the "diminishing returns" buff will not protect you from getting chain frozen.  This pet can give a sorcerer an excessive amount of time to deal double damage.  Does that sound fair?   There is already a 15+ page thread complaining that they are "overpowered", and this was before pets....

Inverse pet can chain freeze according to this post in case you missed it earlier

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#121 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

ahaha ur the one whos butthurt lol you don't even try to come up with proper arguments. You're the one on the high and mighty horse - you won't even take sound advice. I'm not even pissed - if I was I wouldn't be giving you advice would I? If everyones disagreeing with you, anyone with common sense would eventually come to the conclusion that perhaps they might be the one who's wrong. Perhaps we aren't getting off the topic of comprehension because you keep derailing the thread by either purposefully misunderstanding what we are saying - or maybe you do actually lack common sense (and I'm more inclined to think the latter).

And please stop advertising your favorite forums. This is ro2 forums not hello kitty. You might wanna go back to those forums they may not criticise you as much for your lack of comprehension because they probably have the same level of comprehension - maybe even slightly better.

Also I think someone pointed out earlier that pet stuns/freeze doesn't trigger Strong Will

I didn't even bother reading it. You're an angry child. 

I wish your mother hugged you more. Can you get back to the proper forums I directed you to? Hell, I'll even pay for a subsciption so you can use the sparkly smiles you 5 yearolds love so much. Just stop polluting here, will you?

two people disagree with me. for a child, I can see why that would seem like "everyone". Hell, counting on one hand can be difficult for this age group.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 10:56 AM.

#122 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:47 AM

Found it. lrn2read lol

Damn, I was watching a kRO video on the subect. In the video, it clearly showed the freeze causing diminishing returns.

Also, someone said yesterday that if the sorc freeze triggers it and does add to the Embuses. Try talking to some top end guilds before you rage in your diapers.

You are just filled to the brim with butthurt arent you? Drugs might be an alternative you want to consider, kiddo, they could calm you down.

EDIT: Therapy too. You are clearly being abused by loved ones. You lash out at the world to fill your inner void, and inundate yourself with hate rather than love. 

PM me on the forums if you need someone to talk with. I'm here for you.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 10:54 AM.

#123 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Mallard,

Now you're coming across like you simultaneously get it and don't get it.

I actually wrote something longer since you seem to have started making some sensible points about counter-balances to some OP pets after I brought up Inverse, but after seeing you go apenuts over a post that wasn't even in response to you (and adding in yet another argument you think I'm making that I'm not) I can see there's really no point.

If you can't even tell when I'm responding to your points, then you definitely aren't going to get far reading anything substantial I write.

The only thing I wanted to do was tell you that you shouldn't confuse availability with balance. That was always the "heart" of my point. And the reason I made it was because you decided to randomly be a jerk to some guy who thought pets were imbalanced and that was your only justificaiton for it.

#124 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

EDIT: Therapy too. You are clearly being abused by loved ones. You lash out at the world to fill your inner void, and inundate yourself with hate rather than love. 

PM me on the forums if you need someone to talk with. I'm here for you.

This is just pathetic, dude. Troll on, troller.

#125 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Mallard,

Now you're coming across like you simultaneously get it and don't get it.

I actually wrote something longer since you seem to have started making some sensible points about counter-balances to some OP pets after I brought up Inverse, but after seeing you go apenuts over a post that wasn't even in response to you (and adding in yet another argument you think I'm making that I'm not) I can see there's really no point.

If you can't even tell when I'm responding to your points, then you definitely aren't going to get far reading anything substantial I write.

The only thing I wanted to do was tell you that you shouldn't confuse availability with balance. That was always the "heart" of my point. And the reason I made it was because you decided to randomly be a jerk to some guy who thought pets were imbalanced and that was your only justificaiton for it.

Punani,

You have nothing to say on the subject at hand. Can I direct you to the off-topic forum?

The guy I was "randomly" being a jerk to is a known troll who I was having some fun with. I don't blame you for not knowing his history,you seem to be new to forums in general. Hell, you keep derailing this topic by repeating what you've said 8 times in a row about my comprehension! 

For you sake, I even delved into your narrow-mindedness about Embus and "availability and balance" you completely and totally ignored it. What more do you want? 

You can't argue, you can't debate, you can't reason and you're impervious to logic. These are qualities that are needed here. You haven't responded with anything logical in 5 posts now.

You're lost. Let me help you! http://forums.warppo...m/75-off-topic/

If you're a troll, you're a master. You trapped and baited me with your fallacious, illogical trollishness, I admit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users