PETS in Colo :( :( :( ? - Page 6 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PETS in Colo :( :( :( ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#126 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:06 AM

This is just pathetic, dude. Troll on, troller.

the number's guy blatant temper tantrum isn't? I never provoked him, he came screaming at me with fists balled and tears in his eyes. I've seen the same thing in kindergarten.

The person who coined the phrase "ignorance is bliss" must have been close to you

I want your life. If I could divide, pick and choose like you could, I would be the happiest person on Earth. I envy you, Punani.  

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#127 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

Rich coming from the guy who feels the need to edit his posts just to tell people such on-topic things as "you must have been abused by your loved ones"

Clearly, you're the intelligent one here who isn't trolling at all  :rice:

You're even doing that quaint little thing where you mutilate the name of the person you're talking to, how cuuuuute.

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#128 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Rich coming from the guy who feels the need to edit his posts just to tell people such on-topic things as "you must have been abused by your loved ones"

Clearly, you're the intelligent one here who isn't trolling at all  :rice:

You're even doing that quaint little thing where you mutilate the name of the person you're talking to, how cuuuuute.

U mad bro. Can you contribute finally? Your levels of butthurt are ovar 9000. Why u no intelligent conversation?

#129 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Because u no understand what I'm saying and act like an ass to anyone who doesn't agwee with u. Thus is pointwess.

#130 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

Because u no understand what I'm saying and act like an ass to anyone who doesn't agwee with u. Thus is pointwess.

I made arguments for my past several posts. You throw a tantrum. How do you live with yourself?

I can't understand complete illogical fallacy, you got that right. I'm willing to help you, however, how about we start over?

Edit: I love disagreement. It allows me to present my argument. I'd like you to know, the kicking and screaming because people don't agree with you isn't arguing. It's called failing. 

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#131 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Ah, so you've apparently forgotten how you went apenuts responding to a post not even directed at you while insisting I was making another argument I'd never made and making arguments against them (ad hominem much?)---and then to top it off ignored the one final on-topic point I made before giving up on you.

Sorry, no starting over. You clearly have no interest in my point-of-view and have been rude since post #1, so yeah....not worth the effort.

Have a nice life.

And, no, I'm not the type of person you can bait by insinuating that I was wrong since I gave up trying to explain something to someone who clearly is just here to antagonize people.

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#132 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:41 AM

Ah, so you've apparently forgotten how you went apenuts responding to a post not even directed at you while insisting I was making another argument I'd never made and making arguments against them (ad hominem much?)---and then to top it off ignored the one final on-topic point I made before giving up on you.

Sorry, no starting over. You clearly have no interest in my point-of-view and have been rude since post #1, so yeah....not worth the effort.

Have a nice life.

And, no, I'm not the type of person you can bait by insinuating that I was wrong since I gave up trying to explain something to someone who clearly is just here to antagonize people.

Can you reference my apenuts please? What on topic point did you make before giving up?  Please, please reference. It's all good academic work.

I've made arguments and contributions. I've backed myself up. I've made very clear points followed by good logic.

You're drowning trying to defend yourself, and it looks humiliating and pathetic. I feel so bad for you having to flail to save face, I'm going to allow you to back yourself up in a new post. Please answer my questions so we can get your murky definitions of "apenuts" and "on-topic" clarified. 

I have a huge interest in your point of view, I really do! I like debating it, though my primary goal is to tear it apart so more gullible people don't use your opinion somehow in their lives, causing utter ruin. If you find me rude, your life must be painful.  I can only imagine how you find debating and arguments rude, to live such a sheltered life. 

I hope you don't think I find what you said "wrong" because I take it as "opinion". If I was here to antagonize, I'd ask you to refute the 30 points I've brought to your attention. However, I think this is beyond you, because you'd have to do something other than run screaming in circles with your hands in the air.

Please, if you can't bring this thread back on topic, at least shut up. You're making it worse for people in this argument by making me the center of attention. I do appreciate the attention though Punani <3.

Now, back on topic. I think that the ranger stealth + Poring buff is far more detrimental in colo than the Embus + Sorc combo.

Hell, I think full heal pots on knights, wars, monks and priests is more detrimental. Spend a good  solid 40-50 seconds trying to kill a knight/war only to have them full heal. That is frustrating beyond belief.

Edit: I don't expect you to reply with anything intelligent, Punani, but please, don't reply if it's just to troll.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 11:48 AM.

#133 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Punani, I didn't want to say this for the sake of good debate, however, you've left me no choice. 

Strong Will.

Edit: Just to point out more fun stuff.

(mean double to quadruple damage on everyone frozen)  I had no idea sorc's had an AoE spear, or an aoe JT. I need to respec obviously.

You know what would be even more broken than giving Sorcs an Embus-like single target ability? The ability to spam their basic dmg spell and let it give them a 30% chance to have the same lightning dmg bonus the embus freeze gives. That would be OP!

Apparently you arent aware that in SEA high class boss pets were doing AoEs that hit for thousands of dmg.  Cause Embus does thousands of damage with it's AoE? Or are you going to say that this massive AoE dmg from the boss pets only benefits sorcs again?

Are we done here? I think the only IMBA things about Colo are the premades.

This is your response to a post not even intended for you. It was for the guy who said that pets do piddly damage and have 2 minute cds.

You should have caught on the second you realized none of the points had anything to do with your post.

(Oh, P.S.-- I really like that semantic argument you made where you try to make it seem like I've said sorcs have an AoE lightning attack....again, cute from the guy who accused me of making semantic arguments).

Thanks for highlighting yet another example of you failing to comprehend one of my points again, though.

#134 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:54 AM

This is your response to a post not even intended for you. It was for the guy who said that pets do piddly damage and have 2 minute cds.

You should have caught on the second you realized none of the points had anything to do with your post.

(Oh, P.S.-- I really like that semantic argument you made where you try to make it seem like I've said sorcs have an AoE lightning attack....again, cute from the guy who accused me of making semantic arguments).

Thanks for highlighting yet another example of you failing to comprehend one of my points again, though.

I don't understand. I'm not allowed to reply to a post that wasn't intended for me, because it used bad logic? Why not?

I had no idea this was against the forum rules. 

I hope to god this isn't the post where I went "apenuts". If you saw me angry, you might have a heart attack.

Edit: "(Oh, P.S.-- I really like that semantic argument you made where you try to make it seem like I've said sorcs have an AoE lightning attack....again, cute from the guy who accused me of making semantic arguments)."  I was saying it's impossible to JT and VS the group of people you freeze, if you manage to catch them in a group.

If you're trying to tell me a freeze + LoV is breaking colo....well, I don't know what to say. It's like complaining that the problem with the American economy is that Q-tips are too expensive. Maybe if a person maxxed LoV just to use this combo, but even then, it seems highly inefficient, to say the least.

2nd Edit: Which point didn't I comprehend? You seem to ignore it when I prove your idea's to be inaccurate, but please, just quote specific parts you're referencing. It isn't difficult.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#135 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:00 PM

Bad logic?

Poster said, CD was 2 minutes.

1. Is not the minimum CD 30 seconds?

Poster said pets do piddly damage

1, Are pets having AoEs that hit for 1000s piddly damage?

2. Is Inverse giving all sorcs double damage on frozen targets piddly damage?

The logic was only bad when you tried to apply it to YOUR points.

Edit: I recognized the only decent point you made being that there are some other pets that are OP for classes other than sorcs, but that was something I already agreed with anyhow. (and I said as much).

You're the one who can't seem to admit that "bad logic" is saying something like "balance = availability".

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 12:03 PM.

#136 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:07 PM

Can you reference my apenuts please? What on topic point did you make before giving up?  Please, please reference. It's all good academic work.

I've made arguments and contributions. I've backed myself up. I've made very clear points followed by good logic.

You're drowning trying to defend yourself, and it looks humiliating and pathetic. I feel so bad for you having to flail to save face, I'm going to allow you to back yourself up in a new post. Please answer my questions so we can get your murky definitions of "apenuts" and "on-topic" clarified. 

I have a huge interest in your point of view, I really do! I like debating it, though my primary goal is to tear it apart so more gullible people don't use your opinion somehow in their lives, causing utter ruin. If you find me rude, your life must be painful.  I can only imagine how you find debating and arguments rude, to live such a sheltered life. 

I hope you don't think I find what you said "wrong" because I take it as "opinion". If I was here to antagonize, I'd ask you to refute the 30 points I've brought to your attention. However, I think this is beyond you, because you'd have to do something other than run screaming in circles with your hands in the air.

Please, if you can't bring this thread back on topic, at least shut up. You're making it worse for people in this argument by making me the center of attention. I do appreciate the attention though Punani <3.

Now, back on topic. I think that the ranger stealth + Poring buff is far more detrimental in colo than the Embus + Sorc combo.

Hell, I think full heal pots on knights, wars, monks and priests is more detrimental. Spend a good  solid 40-50 seconds trying to kill a knight/war only to have them full heal. That is frustrating beyond belief.

Edit: I don't expect you to reply with anything intelligent, Punani, but please, don't reply if it's just to troll.

I'm defending Puni only because you misunderstood nearly every post. You've made clear points followed by good logic? Dont make me laugh. You have anyone to back you up? To say that we're wrong and you're right? Nope. Nobody is gonna take you seriously anymore because you're the one who's digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Ranger stealth + poring buff? rangers can't be in stealth if they have poring buff. You think thats unbalanced? Not every poring is going to give the poring buff and I've gone into final round plenty of times and half the time I end up killing 5-10 porings without getting the buff. Beastmaster hardly ever being able to make it to final round is more imbalanced.

Full heal pots on knights, wars, monks is detrimental? How many times do you see a tank class win colo compared to range, even with full heal pots? And in colo - you are trying to take down a full hp tank solo without a poring buff? lol

All your arguments, shot to pieces - and all you can do is troll with hello kitty forums. Please leave this thread if you have nothing else to contribute

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 03:40 PM.

#137 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:12 PM

Bad logic?

Poster said, CD was 2 minutes.

1. Is not the minimum CD 30 seconds?

Poster said pets do piddly damage

1, Are pets having AoEs that hit for 1000s piddly damage?

2. Is Inverse giving all sorcs double damage on frozen targets piddly damage?

The logic was only bad when you tried to apply it to YOUR points.

Edit: I recognized the only decent point you made being that there are some other pets that are OP for classes other than sorcs, but that was something I already agreed with anyhow. (and I said as much).

You're the one who can't seem to admit that "bad logic" is saying something like "balance = availability".

First, CD is so low if you have like every pet in the game.

Second, To quote the poster: "wow people who are afraid for a 2min cd pet that does not do mch damage specially in colo" I'm 99% sure he was referencing the embus' damage. If you're NOT talking about the Embus, then its not relevant because any class can profit from a huge damage AoE.

Third, about inverse + sorc double damage: Why is the inverse your primary concern? I can Freeze a target for double damage every 3 seconds frr a 6 second duration. I can also do it with light arms proc! Why is this so major to you when it comes as a 3rd hand advantage? Sorcs CAN ALREADY DO THIS! AND EASILY! I would go as far as to say it's a core mechanic of the class! 

Finally, if everyone has access to an IMBA pet for their class, where is the problem? If I add 5 pounds to each side of a balance scale, it's balanced! You're so stuck on balance =/= availability that you can't see the forest through the trees.

By admitting other classes have their own IMBA pet combos, you basically took the wind out of your own argument. 

I only came here to troll my lover, the masked orange. It's not my fault you take offense at every little thing.

#138 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

You are the one who looks pathetic. I'm defending Puni only because you misunderstood nearly every post. You've made clear points followed by good logic? Dont make me laugh. You have anyone to back you up? To say that we're wrong and you're right? Nope. Nobody is gonna take you seriously anymore because you're the one who's digging a deeper hole for yourself.

Ranger stealth + poring buff? rangers can't be in stealth if they have poring buff. You think thats unbalanced? Not every poring is going to give the poring buff and I've gone into final round plenty of times and half the time I end up killing 5-10 porings without getting the buff. Beastmaster hardly ever being able to make it to final round is more imbalanced.

Full heal pots on knights, wars, monks is detrimental? How many times do you see a tank class win colo compared to range, even with full heal pots? Your posts lack intelligence. And it shows in colo as well - you are trying to take down a full hp tank solo without a poring buff? lol

All your arguments, shot to pieces - and all you can do is troll with hello kitty forums. What a joke

Angry, angry angry. You still bring up Hello Kitty :D I must have made you so butthurt you are sobbing to this very moment.

I'd hug you but I don't want to have this terrible childish anger rub off on me.

Poring pet buff, not colo poring buff. Hi there, mr. can't get his facts straight ;P

You're like meg from family guy. Homely, comic relief.

Edit: Clarify which buff.

"And it shows in colo as well - you are trying to take down a full hp tank solo without a poring buff?" I never said that, but if it stops you from crying, then yes, it's true. Just calm down kiddo!

2nd Edit: even though you only strengthened my argument about pre-exisitng colo imbalances, I'd like you to debate each and everyone one of my arguments. I know I'm asking a lot from you, but if you're not busy finger-painting, we can get serious.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 22 August 2013 - 12:20 PM.

#139 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:25 PM

Ah, I see you're misreading that guy too. Last time I checked we didn't refer to singular pets with plural pronouns. Kind of hurts your interpretation that he was addressing Inverse only. IMHO, it looked to me more like he was saying that pet dmg was mitigated in colo overall.

I guess you're admitting that it made sense to point out that 30 seconds is less than his 2 minute CD though--although you're trying to play it off with the number of pets people need to have now? wth is that? This whole time we've been babbling about worst-case scenarios. You forget that or something?

Cripe, no pets are colo-breaking with a 2 minute CD.

And, Inverse, Inverse, Inverse! lol.

What is your obsession with the fact that I brought her up as an example of imbalance.

And why are you still not admitting that availability is not equivalent to balance?

And how is it different than normal FD? Even leaving the alleged lack of immunity aside. It's longer and multi-target + I don't need to waste time casting/re-casting it. I can just fire off nukes the entire time it's active. Also, it keeps everyone in my vicinity from attacking me, with the exception of ranged people who were facing me when it was cast.

While you're at it, why not share this video from kRO2 where there are no diminishing returns.

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#140 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

Angry, angry angry. You still bring up Hello Kitty :D I must have made you so butthurt you are sobbing to this very moment.

I'd hug you but I don't want to have this terrible childish anger rub off on me.

Poring pet buff, not colo poring buff. Hi there, mr. can't get his facts straight ;P

You're like meg from family guy. Homely, comic relief.

Edit: Clarify which buff.

"And it shows in colo as well - you are trying to take down a full hp tank solo without a poring buff?" I never said that, but if it stops you from crying, then yes, it's true. Just calm down kiddo!

2nd Edit: even though you only strengthened my argument about pre-exisitng colo imbalances, I'd like you to debate each and everyone one of my arguments. I know I'm asking a lot from you, but if you're not busy finger-painting, we can get serious.

Whenever you are proven wrong you only have 2 ways to deal with it - call that person butthurt or troll. Also the poring pet doesn't even give a buff - I pretty sure of this but decided to test it out on my sin anyway just to make sure - summoned poring twice and both times it didnt give me a buff - all it did was attack the other monster.

Spend a good  solid 40-50 seconds trying to kill a knight/war only to have them full heal. That is frustrating beyond belief.

So how would you know it takes a good 40-50 seconds trying to kill a knight/war only to have them full heal if you've never tried it before? Those 2 sentences imply that you actually have tried taking down a full hp tank solo - and you were frustrated because they healed themselves just as you were about to finish them off.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#141 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ah, I see you're misreading that guy too. Last time I checked we didn't refer to singular pets with plural pronouns. Kind of hurts your interpretation that he was addressing Inverse only. IMHO, it looked to me more like he was saying that pet dmg was mitigated in colo overall.

I guess you're admitting that it made sense to point out that 30 seconds is less than his 2 minute CD though--although you're trying to play it off with the number of pets people need to have now? wth is that? This whole time we've been babbling about worst-case scenarios. You forget that or something?

Cripe, no pets are colo-breaking with a 2 minute CD.

And, Inverse, Inverse, Inverse! lol.

What is your obsession with the fact that I brought her up as an example of imbalance.

And why are you still not admitting that availability is not equivalent to balance?

*Sigh*

1. I quoted him. He uses the singular. Your first argument to the trash.

2. Fine, You can keep the worst case scenario, ok, I'll concede. I just don't think many people have 100% completion now, and by the time it happens we may have worse problems on our hands.

3. You lost the whole argument. I balanced the equation, you're just ignoring it now, so drop it.

4. I agree with you fully, availability =/= balance. It's not my fault I had to explain so much deeper that it is indeed balanced, because an IMBA pet combo is available to every class. Therefore, the availability of such combos to everyone does make it balanced. 

#142 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:38 PM

Whenever you are proven wrong you only have 2 ways to deal with it - call that person butthurt or troll. Also the poring pet doesn't even give a buff - I pretty sure of this but decided to test it out on my sin anyway just to make sure - summoned poring twice and both times it didnt give me a buff - all it did was attack the other monster.

So how would you know it takes a good 40-50 seconds trying to kill a knight/war only to have them full heal if you've never tried it before? Those 2 sentences imply that you actually have tried taking down a full hp tank solo - and you were frustrated because they healed themselves just as you were about to finish them off.

First, these aren't my only 2 arguments.

2nd, with the poring buff, it still takes a while due to parries, misses, etc. If you want to interpret that as such, by all means, be my guest. Whatever unrustles your jimmies is fine by me.

3rd, still angry!

#143 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

*Sigh*

1. I quoted him. He uses the singular. Your first argument to the trash.

2. Fine, You can keep the worst case scenario, ok, I'll concede. I just don't think many people have 100% completion now, and by the time it happens we may have worse problems on our hands.

3. You lost the whole argument. I balanced the equation, you're just ignoring it now, so drop it.

4. I agree with you fully, availability =/= balance. It's not my fault I had to explain so much deeper that it is indeed balanced, because an IMBA pet combo is available to every class. Therefore, the availability of such combos to everyone does make it balanced. 

tsk. Like I said you cherry-picked a quote where he used singular. Read the whole thing again. You'll see he later uses plural PRONOUNS while forgetting to add the "s" to pet. The content also makes it patently obvious.

Ah, and thanks for #4. That's the only point I was ever trying to make. Honestly I don't think there's an OP counter available for every class, but that's beside the original point anyhow.

PS. Still waiting for your kRO2 video showing Inverse's diminishing returns.

Ah, and your "balanced" pet theory still doesn't include wizards. Where is their overpowered pet combo that either at least gives them double AoE damage or allows them to buff dmg resistance and heal through massive AoE damage? Naturally, keep that 3 min cd on Ice Wall in mind.

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 12:50 PM.

#144 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:46 PM

Third, about inverse + sorc double damage: Why is the inverse your primary concern? I can Freeze a target for double damage every 3 seconds frr a 6 second duration. I can also do it with light arms proc! Why is this so major to you when it comes as a 3rd hand advantage? Sorcs CAN ALREADY DO THIS! AND EASILY! I would go as far as to say it's a core mechanic of the class!

The difference is that sorc freeze gives the target Strong Will buff. I wasn't gonna defend this point because I don't have the inverse pet myself to confirm that it doesnt give the strong will buff - but someone else stated earlier that at least in iRO2, inverse pet does not give the strong will buff. Sorcs do benefit the most from this pet because they can focus on using their dmg skills and getting 2x dmg without having to waste time using their freeze skill. It isn't too imbalanced among range classes however since range can still attack out of freeze as long as they are facing the right direction - if everyone has inverse pet then sorcs are only slightly better off against other range classes. However, it was already obvious that melee are at a disadvantage compared to range classes before pets came out - and this puts melee classes at an even bigger disadvantage. If everyone in colo had inverse pet, only range would be able to attack and melee can't do anything.

First, these aren't my only 2 arguments.

2nd, with the poring buff, it still takes a while due to parries, misses, etc. If you want to interpret that as such, by all means, be my guest. Whatever unrustles your jimmies is fine by me.

3rd, still angry!

Still takes a while with the poring buff? I guess you could say 10s is a while. Because whenever I get poring buff on my ranger in round 2 or 3 I usually go on a hunting spree only going for targets with prebuffs - and usually the only classes left with prebuffs those rounds are tanks. So I take down fully buffed tanks all the time with my ranger no problem in 10s with poring buff.

Is there any more of your arguments you want me to debate? Or are you just going to troll again?

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#145 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

tsk. Like I said you cherry-picked a quote where he used singular. Read the whole thing again. You'll see he later uses plural PRONOUNS while forgetting to add the "s" to pet. The content also makes it patently obvious.

Ah, and thanks for #4. That's the only point I was ever trying to make. Honestly I don't think there's an OP counter available for every class, but that's beside the original point anyhow.

Here you are, my dear:

"wow people who are afraid for a 2min cd pet that does not do mch damage specially in colo., come on now you all know that pets can be used by anyone and those who dont have money should start hunting rather than crying. this thread is just pittiful, now there are classes who can even the colo with a minor debuff against range type who can trap you or freeze u.. pls dont be too selfish and think about your topic carefully. it is not anyones responsibility if you are too lazy to hunt or weak to even consider pets as game play destroyer. pls look at the damage pet can do in colo and outside colo and you will find that in colo they are not enough to kill u."

He has a period at the end of the first sentence, making it a separate thought. Then he goes on to generalize pets in colo, after his initial statement.

I almost lol'ed irl when you said I was cherry picking. The pot calls the kettle black? I think I've referenced your "cherry picking" 5-6 times now.

If #4 was the only point you were trying to make, you made me lose faith in humanity. You took the longest, most obstuse way to NOT get your point across, when I even clarified how the AVAILABILITY of OP COMBOS allows for balance. You were trying to connect these terms horizontally, in that they are seperate definitions that do not cross paths. I showed you their vertical relation,in the fact that one can lead to the other.

#146 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

No Mallard, I barely mentioned it in my initial post and then you started bring WoE into it and telling me obvious things like runes don't work in colo. I only had to get obtuse because you couldn't comprehend a single sentence.

And that guy's post Mallard? You're going to say he made entirely separate points based on a period that he follows with a comma? Especially when he reiterates the statement and makes the blanket statement that pets "are not enough to kill u" in colo?  AND he even called the whole "thread" pointless. Does Inverse even DO damage (I'm under the impression her AoE does not) which would further murder your interpretation.

Sorry, but he's obviously not referring to just me and Inverse no matter how desperate you are to think that.

I guess you're one of those guys that thinks you got test questions right on tests just because you include all the important keywords even though you've got no clue how they all relate to each other.

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#147 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

The difference is that sorc freeze gives the target Strong Will buff. I wasn't gonna defend this point because I don't have the inverse pet myself to confirm that it doesnt give the strong will buff - but someone else stated earlier that at least in iRO2, inverse pet does not give the strong will buff. Sorcs do benefit the most from this pet because they can focus on using their dmg skills and getting 2x dmg without having to waste time using their freeze skill. It isn't too imbalanced among range classes however since range can still attack out of freeze as long as they are facing the right direction - if everyone has inverse pet then sorcs are only slightly better off against other range classes. However, it was already obvious that melee are at a disadvantage compared to range classes - and this puts melee classes at an even bigger disadvantage. If everyone in colo had inverse pet, only range would be able to attack and melee can't do anything. Is there any more of your arguments you want me to debate? Or are you just going to troll again?

Your first point you made moot yourself, so ok, we'll leave that.

2nd, the time it takes for the pet to be summoned and target someone and actually use the freeze is much longer than to just cast frost diver, so your 2nd point is moot.

3rd, No one is disagreeing with you that melee are at a disadvantage in Colo. However, There are too many ways to close the distance and interrupt people with the pet skill. Wars, sins can leap, Knights can charge. Your third point holds very little water, if any. I like the situation that if everyone had an Embus, all the melee would be screwed lol. Well, assuming the melee can freeze right back, they'd just need to position themselves behind the person freezing. I mean, if we're gonna talk about doomsday scenarios, I prefer the colo full of Colo-geared knights with powerful, spammable healing pets and pots. Much more interesting! 

#148 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

No Mallard, I barely mentioned it in my initial post and then you started bring WoE into it and telling my obvious things like runes don't work in colo. I only had to get obtuse because you couldn't comprehend a single sentence.

And that guys' post Mallard? You're going to say he made entirely seperate points based on a period that he follows with a comma? Especially when reiterates the statement and makes the blanket statement that pets "are not enough to kill u" in colo?  AND he even called the whole "thread" pointless.

Sorry, but he's obviously not referring to just me and Inverse no matter how desperate you are to think that.

I guess you're one of those guys that thinks you got test questions right on tests just because you include all the important keywords even though you've got no clue how they all relate to each other.

Punani,

You confused pets with cards and runes. That's your fault, not mine.

That guys post: He was backing up is own argument that pets are a minor part of colo. What don't you understand? Why are you seeing something thats not there? He's right, the thread is pointless.

Sorry, you're interpreting the post however you want to, not matter how desperate you are for justification. Potato, po-tah-to. Best to discard this argument for clarity's sake. 

I guess you're still incredibly angry. You attack me constantly and avoid making logical points. Take a break, Punani, and go outside. You're still derailing this thread.

#149 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

3rd, No one is disagreeing with you that melee are at a disadvantage in Colo. However, There are too many ways to close the distance and interrupt people with the pet skill. Wars, sins can leap, Knights can charge. Your third point holds very little water, if any. I like the situation that if everyone had an Embus, all the melee would be screwed lol.

You say my third point holds very little water - but you don't say anything to back that up. I could say all your points hold little water without contributing to the debate - although its true that your arguments hold little water anyway, simply saying it does not make it so. It is ironic that you saying that my point holds very little water, holds very little water. lol

Once the pet is out it can no longer be interrupted. Melee won't be able to interrupt every single (ranged) person with pet skill. And even if a melee managed to stun, summon pet and freeze a target in front - they will only be able to kill one target before they die (in most cases). Ranged aren't as limited by this.

You attack me constantly and avoid making logical points. Take a break, Punani, and go outside. You're still derailing this thread.

Rich coming from someone who advertises other forums and calls everyone who disagrees butthurt and angry. Are you trying to claim that posting about other forums not even related to ro2 and calling people butthurt and angry is not derailing this thread?

Also, Puni did not confuse pets with cards and runes. You just misunderstood the post. I'm not going to keep spoon-feeding you, keep rereading it until you figure it out yourself.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 22 August 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#150 PuniTenshu

PuniTenshu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Punani,

That guys post: He was backing up is own argument that pets are a minor part of colo. What don't you understand? Why are you seeing something thats not there? He's right, the thread is pointless.

Sorry, you're interpreting the post however you want to, not matter how desperate you are for justification. Potato, po-tah-to. Best to discard this argument for clarity's sake. 

I guess you're still incredibly angry. You attack me constantly and avoid making logical points. Take a break, Punani, and go outside. You're still derailing this thread.

I didn't confuse them. I said that if availability was what determined balance then that cards and runes should also be allowed in colo. That's it. Somehow from that you took away that I thought they DID work and that I was making points about WoE.

Duh, he's saying he thinks pets are a minor part of colo. Wasn't that what I told you he was saying in the first place? You were the one trying to apply singularity to it. Get it through your head, genius. He said CD was 2 min, I told him it could be 30 seconds. He said pet damage was piddly, I told him Boss pets could do 1000s of damage in AoEs.

You seem to be incapable of looking at those individual exchanges and keep trying to tie the Inverse imbalance into. DON'T. I was simply responding to those very specific misconceptions he had with no relation to this little chat whatsoever.

Still waiting for your kRO2 video and your example of an OP Wizard pet combo that either allows for massive damage like stealth + boss pet AoE, AoE freeze for dbl dmg,  or the invincibility that would come from heal pet + dmg resistance skills.

Edited by PuniTenshu, 22 August 2013 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users