4 star DNA fragment drops in cave of riddles? - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4 star DNA fragment drops in cave of riddles?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

I dont presume if this is a bug or not, but still dont know why the boss in cave of riddles drops Kiel MK III DNA Fragment. this is supposed to be dropped in fortress of sandarman normal/hard mode. If this boss always drops DNA well everyone can Have Kiel MK III Pet in just a couple of hours if you are lucky.

Edited by Reyaje, 11 August 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#2 Melisax3

Melisax3

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

3h - 1 DNA

I guess i'm "Pretty" lucky.

#3 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

If you want to be real technical, it's supposed to drop from Sandarman, not AL.

But not sure if it's a bug or just oversight from the devs (given their track record, most likely the latter). The same DNA drops from any mob that shares the same model, with a few exceptions like the porings (poring, poporing, kuroring, etc.). 

#4 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Quoting myself from another thread:

Just some information: any mob with the same model as the one listed in the summon list entries can drop the DNA. For example:

Ramos DNA can come from Powders in Verta

Sand Spider DNA can come from Cave Spiders in Wolf Cave

Shellob DNA can come from Garden Shellob in Baphomet's Garden

Embus of Ruin (Edith) can drop from the Priest in PvE

And of course, this is the reason why a few specific 4 star mob DNAs are flooding the AH:

• Kiel MK-III DNA can drop from Memory of Terror in Mjolnir
  • Red Robberbug has no DNA but the same model as a certain CoA boss -- Gold Robberbug DNA drops from him

There are two I'd like to test but I currently don't have time:

• Does the Ungoliant with 16KHP in Baphomet's Garden drop Ungoliant DNA? If so, this is an easy way to get it
  • Do the spawned mecha Vadons have a chance of dropping Mechanised Vadon DNA?

I'm also assuming Executor Shadow DNA can come from the ones in Sandstorm.

#5 eishiro2na

eishiro2na

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:50 PM

what is so wrong about it? I think it's good since we can get higher rank pets easily ( benefit for us ). Sadly, eventhough they drop 4/5 stars pet, it's still not easy to get them because the drop rate and also the random DNA fragments you might get from it.

#6 Rukaroa

Rukaroa

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, it's a pain.

x6XDGlr.png

#7 pollenpetal

pollenpetal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Ragnarok Online II: Odin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

Correction. MK-III is from Sandarman. O_O 

#8 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Correction. MK-III is from Sandarman. O_O 

oops.. my bad i gonna edit my post.

#9 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

what is so wrong about it? I think it's good since we can get higher rank pets easily ( benefit for us ). Sadly, eventhough they drop 4/5 stars pet, it's still not easy to get them because the drop rate and also the random DNA fragments you might get from it.

It's wrong  because you can easily hunt a 4 star DNA with just one shot. Will be unfair for players that spend hours to farm a dna and sell it as a reward for their hardwork.

Edited by Reyaje, 11 August 2013 - 04:44 PM.

#10 CokeFloatt

CokeFloatt

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDoha
  • Server:Odin NA, SEA

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:24 PM

There's so many DNA. but.. whyy EREMES? whyy? XD

#11 pollenpetal

pollenpetal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Ragnarok Online II: Odin

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

If I were you, hunt weak KIEL now. :)) they might remove this after the next patch MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

#12 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Even Maya Purple in HODP, It's an AoD dna. LOL

#13 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 10:08 PM

If I were you, hunt weak KIEL now. :)) they might remove this after the next patch MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

They still haven't fixed bugs from two months ago. What makes you think they'll take the effort to "fix" this?

#14 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

They still haven't fixed bugs from two months ago. What makes you think they'll take the effort to "fix" this?

Because this bug helps the average player, unlike all those other bugs that just inhibit everyone.

#15 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

It still takes forever to farm it. It took me 4hrs today to get mine. But yes it does drop.

:wah:

#16 archedemon

archedemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yeah, no. Drops can be abysmal. You have to be really lucky, or really dedicated, plus, it would take forever to for anyone to fill up their book enough to be a winner in the event. That event would be going on forever, at least level 1 of all available monster pets. Chyeah, try farming CoA for those DNA fragments with a full raid party that needs them, on top of the drop rate and the random letter received. Good luck with that!

#17 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:54 PM

Wow, i thought all those players i saw with MK III were farming hard on Sandarman, but look at that...

Maybe if i'm lucky i can drop RM Kremp DNA Fragment on MT. Mjolnir Culvert dungeon... ¬¬

Adress it to any GM, it's a bug and should be reported asap.

#18 Somewhere

Somewhere

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:17 PM

Too bad vau- it drops mau

Har har that rhymes

#19 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Why does everyone think its a bug? It's a smaller version of kiel and it doesn't have its own fragment name so of course it should drop fragment for kiel. The drop rate is quite horrible anyway still takes heaps of time to farm and its not even the best pet in the game.

You should be more concerned about the pet lvling system. Having to collect more fragments to level pets doesn't make any sense. Actually I think its a bug. Pets should be leveled by pet usage (i.e. training your pet). Please fix this bug and make pets able to level by training them. Thanks

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 12 August 2013 - 10:10 PM.

#20 Gerrr

Gerrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:11 PM

You should be more concerned about the pet lvling system. Having to collect more fragments to level pets doesn't make any sense. Actually I think its a bug. Pets should be leveled by pet usage (i.e. training your pet). Please fix this bug and make pets able to level by training them. Thanks

Agreed, right now it doesn't seem humanly possible to max out most of the boss pets.

#21 Reyaje

Reyaje

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

Why does everyone think its a bug? It's a smaller version of kiel and it doesn't have its own fragment name so of course it should drop fragment for kiel. The drop rate is quite horrible anyway still takes heaps of time to farm and its not even the best pet in the game.

dude.. it's still a  bug no matter how low drop rate is. know why? a low level boss drops a high level dna fragment. So, if you are gonna hunt a boss dna which has the same model as some of the mobs that can be easily killed? who will you choose? the easy one right. Leveling of pets should be done the correct way not the bugged way. Same way goes to Maya Purple DNA Fragment which can be dropped in Hell of Deadly Poison. It's a five star DNA meaning it's in the same tier of raid bosses(COA, PVE, Bapho) dna's. Aside from that, Her DNA only drops in Abbadon of Despair. Even Ro2 SEA players dont have her as a pet as of this moment. This two bugs must be fixed ASAP.

Edited by Reyaje, 13 August 2013 - 05:07 AM.

#22 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 05:15 AM

dude.. it's still a  bug no matter how low drop rate is. know why? a low level boss drops a high level dna fragment. So, if you are gonna hunt a boss dna which has the same model as some of the mobs that can be easily killed? who will you choose? the easy one right. Leveling of pets should be done the correct way not the bugged way. Same way goes to Maya Purple DNA Fragment which can be dropped in Hell of Deadly Poison. It's a five star DNA meaning it's in the same tier of raid bosses(COA, PVE, Bapho) dna's. Aside from that, Her DNA only drops in Abbadon of Despair. Even Ro2 SEA players dont have her as a pet as of this moment. This two bugs must be fixed ASAP.

this must go for moonlight flower and nukaruka as well then...

Edited by rasterfahndung, 13 August 2013 - 05:17 AM.

#23 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Its not nearly as important as the pet lvling bug. The bug where pets are leveled through DNA instead of training them (through pet usage) needs to take priority in fixing. Please let them fix higher priority bugs first. Because levelling pets through DNA makes absolutely no sense. It kind of makes sense to actually create/unlock the pet through DNA - but levelling through DNA is clearly a bug.

Also, it makes sense for every monster to drop a fragment - after all, it wouldn't make sense if one (or more) monsters lacked DNA. That low level boss has to drop a fragment - so which fragment should it drop? I think the answer is obvious. Sure this is a buggy game but that doesnt mean every little thing is a bug. Some people are way too quick to jump to the conclusion that somethings a bug when the possibility that it is not a bug exists (Yes I do realise my first paragraph is ironic considering what I am saying here - I was only half-serious about calling the pet levelling system a bug but I would still like to see it changed). Another example is the reset "bug" commonly used on raid bosses - you could say its not actually a bug, just a clever use of game mechanics.

Take an example of a 'bug' from another game - RO2 2. Near the rune spots there are places where you can make heroes get "stuck" by using Force Staff - and some heroes have skills that can place others on those spots like Batrider/Dark Seer. And for most heroes, the only way out is to use a teleport scroll or if the enemy team kills you - and if you don't have a tp on you and either your courier is dead or you dont have enough for a tp you're gonna be stuck there a while - or even if you have a tp - if you dont have the 75 mana for it. Yes, I have seen some players call this a bug. But the majority of players and even the developers say that it is intended - so making the enemy get stuck on cliffs isn't actually a bug - but a clever use of game mechanics. New players will obviously call it a bug - especially if an enemy Rubick causes them to get stuck on a cliff at the start when nobody has a tp. But it isnt a bug. So please don't be like the new players in RO2 and be too quick to call something a bug unless its absolutely clear. Example of something which is obviously a bug is the falling through the floor bug. Examples of things that could be working as intended include low level bosses dropping high tier dna, and the ability to reset bosses so you dont have to fight them all at the same time (and, I admit it - the pet levelling system COULD be working as intended). Just because you and some other people want to call something a bug doesnt mean it actually is a bug.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 13 August 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#24 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:23 AM

Its not nearly as important as the pet lvling bug. The bug where pets are leveled through DNA instead of training them (through pet usage) needs to take priority in fixing. Please let them fix higher priority bugs first. Because levelling pets through DNA makes absolutely no sense. It kind of makes sense to actually create/unlock the pet through DNA - but levelling through DNA is clearly a bug.

the description says its leveled through dna, so why is it a bug? oO

#25 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

the description says its leveled through dna, so why is it a bug? oO

Just edited my post go read it again :P - maybe the description is wrong - do you seriously think it makes sense for pets to level through DNA? lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users