4 star DNA fragment drops in cave of riddles? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4 star DNA fragment drops in cave of riddles?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:38 AM

WELP, time for me to get farming :D

#52 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Can you still get Kiel MKIII DNA or did they fix it btw.

#53 Pilfer

Pilfer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

I put in a solid hour into farmi...QA.  The results are zero dna fragment drops for Kiel-III.

What I'm seeing is an opportunity for more outrage.  How come I didn't get my chance to farm this pet on easy mode?

Can someone double check before I pass out the pitchforks?

#54 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:57 AM

I put in a solid hour into farmi...QA.  The results are zero dna fragment drops for Kiel-III.

What I'm seeing is an opportunity for more outrage.  How come I didn't get my chance to farm this pet on easy mode?

Can someone double check before I pass out the pitchforks?

When I was farming Kiel I was getting an average of 1 fragment every time I collected a full stack (99) of pocket watches. 1 hour isn't nearly enough to confirm that the fragments don't drop. Once I went 8 hours of farming Maya Purple before finally getting a fragment. And the longest period of time I've spent hunting without a fragment is Eremes - it took me 10 hours once to get a fragment to drop. And yes, these bosses still drop fragments. Granted, these bosses take longer to farm - takes me about 7 min per Eremes, and 4 min per Maya Purple, compared to 50s per Kiel (a lot of the time for Kiel spent loading maps). I haven't been hunting Kiel for over a week, especially since the fragment prices for Kiel are so cheap and isn't really worth farming anymore. But if you are going to farm bosses for fragments, even easy ones like Kiel - be prepared to spend several hours without a single fragment. Dungeon bosses drop fragments at a much lower rate than regular mobs (I think about 1.5% for dungeon bosses compared to around 4% for regular mobs).

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 24 August 2013 - 02:59 AM.

#55 RavenTDA

RavenTDA

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 531 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Farming Kiel just gives you a nice idea how hard it is going to be to farm the harder to kill bosses. It really takes that long and you better pray to your lucky stars that you get it in one shot or not have bad luck with it that can so easily happen. Finally getting four and seeing you don't get them all is such devastation.

#56 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:36 AM

Got 8 last night, 4 A's, 3 G's, 1 T. I'm crying a bit.

#57 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

Although Kiel is the biggest offender I suppose due to how good of a summon he is, he's not the only one affected by this.

Moonlight Flower DNA can drop from her field boss equivalent, a very easy farm for a strong pet.

Imverse of Ruins (PvE Wizard) can drop from ANY of the ghost ship bosses except Drake (Valatie, Francis, Lepar, Leopard, Pinot, Edith).

Golden Robberbug DNA can drop from Red Robberbug.

Oh, and one I haven't seen anybody talk about, although I guess it's difficult for most classes to farm:

DnwT3qR.jpg

Edited by 9632130515120055620, 25 August 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#58 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:00 AM

I want the world to see this. We refused an answer lol thx CM's/Devs.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 28 August 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#59 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

I would love to be a Dev. Sit there and ignore important questions while responding to things I want to respond to.

Edited by MallardPrimus, 29 August 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#60 Amaretto718

Amaretto718

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNEW YORK CITY
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:12 AM

I would love to be a Dev. Sit there and ignore important questions while responding to things I want to respond to.

lol its like..Shut up! TAKE THIS AND BE HAPPY!

#61 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

lol its like..Shut up! TAKE THIS AND BE HAPPY!

lol it's like....nubs like you can be happy they get it with no challenge, some of us enjoy it.

So CM's, can we get an answer "shortly" like you promised or is this just swept under the rug?

#62 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:07 AM

Intentional I guess. I'm not complaining in the least.

#63 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

Why do people always complain about the good things.This is something that favors EVERYONE,not only new players.It's like some of you guys hate things that keep people staying in the game longer.Population is already dwindling,now why do you want it to lower more?My question is why???

#64 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Exclusivity privilege, a club of supercompletionist who feel that their work and effort is somehow worth more than accessibility of a common resource to other players. Ego also a plays a role in that, it makes players feel superior that they can hoard difficult to obtain pets and lord it over other players.

#65 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

Why do people always complain about the good things.This is something that favors EVERYONE,not only new players.It's like some of you guys hate things that keep people staying in the game longer.Population is already dwindling,now why do you want it to lower more?My question is why???

Because there isn't anything else challenging in this game for solo work. Even raid work. If you want it easy, go play Hello Kitty or something, I dunno.

#66 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Exclusivity privilege, a club of supercompletionist who feel that their work and effort is somehow worth more than accessibility of a common resource to other players. Ego also a plays a role in that, it makes players feel superior that they can hoard difficult to obtain pets and lord it over other players.

Someone is butthurt they don't have anything cool.

It's actually because I like to be an economist, and I wanna know if holding onto 20+ of the DNA's in question is a good investment or not. If not, I want to sell them asap. If so, I'll farm more and hold onto them. I'm stuck in a limbo here.

I bet you feel better venting at people who enjoy their accomplishments. Go paint a picture or something, jeez. 

#67 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:48 AM

Someone is butthurt they don't have anything cool.

It's actually because I like to be an economist, and I wanna know if holding onto 20+ of the DNA's in question is a good investment or not. If not, I want to sell them asap. If so, I'll farm more and hold onto them. I'm stuck in a limbo here.

I bet you feel better venting at people who enjoy their accomplishments. Go paint a picture or something, jeez. 

You can't be serious.How is he butthurt about anything.He said earlier in the thread that he's not complaining about it.

First of all,the same people who farmed Sanderman over and over again for a DNA drop are the same people who can use this easy method to farm the Kiel DNAs,instead of saying this newb and that one has it easy.This is obviously working as intended,so please stop bitching about something good and deal with it.I still have no idea why you think something is wrong with this,when you can do the same thing new players are doing.

Edited by Peerless, 11 September 2013 - 11:14 AM.

#68 MallardPrimus

MallardPrimus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

You can't be serious.How is he butthurt about anything.He said earlier in the thread that he's not complaining about it.

First of all,the same people who farmed Sanderman over and over again for a DNA drop are the same people who can use this easy method to farm the Kiel DNAs,instead of saying this newb and that one has it easy.This is obviously working as intended,so stoping bitching about something good and deal with it.I still have no idea why you think something is wrong with this,when you can do the same thing new players are doing.

I'm quite serious, people can lie.

I think I stated why I wanted to know if it was intended or not, or do you not read anything and post, foaming at the mouth? Your river of QQ is astonishing. 

I don't care if new people can do it....Do you make up things, then post about them, trying to sound smart? Seriously, you've not addressed anything I've said.

This isn't something good, either. This is a sign of sloppy programming and corner-cutting, but clearly you're smart enough to see the potential issues with this, correct? 

I don't know why I'm using sarcasm...you're gonna raeg and QQ about it. Oh well, maybe we'll finally get a CM/VM to answer this question.

#69 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm quite serious, people can lie.

I think I stated why I wanted to know if it was intended or not, or do you not read anything and post, foaming at the mouth? Your river of QQ is astonishing. 

I don't care if new people can do it....Do you make up things, then post about them, trying to sound smart? Seriously, you've not addressed anything I've said.

This isn't something good, either. This is a sign of sloppy programming and corner-cutting, but clearly you're smart enough to see the potential issues with this, correct? 

I don't know why I'm using sarcasm...you're gonna raeg and QQ about it. Oh well, maybe we'll finally get a CM/VM to answer this question.

I already have the pet, and I've been farming other more "expensive" pets for a while now. Notice my previous posts in this thread was a while back already. If you're hoarding DNA in hopes they change the rules so you can sell them for a prime that's your own prerogative, but you're gonna get shafted the longer you hold on to them.

I've been making far more money selling DNA off of Cornutus, Ramos, Tarou and other dungeon mobs that can be found in the field. It's intentional that monsters with the same model drop DNA of the same monster. Same for mobs like Pagans, Zealots etc being dropped by level 50 mobs in Road of Blessed. You should have wised up and sold high while you still had the chance.

You can also go suck a dick too, so don't take out your poor investment decisions on others.

Sorry Mallard,I have deemed you irrelevant,so I'm not gonna respond to you anymore,due to the idiotic posts you are making and Ryvian seemed to have answered your question for you,and everyone else who is as ignorant as you.

#70 5344130512045108620

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

Learn how to troll like Mallard:

1. Hide your QQ by accusing others of QQ

2. Direct people to Hello Kitty

3. Grab some popcorn, read thread.

4. ???

5. Profit

On topic: this isn't getting fixed because its intended.

Edited by 5344130512045108620, 11 September 2013 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users