Failed to Connect to Server - I'm at my wits end. - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Failed to Connect to Server - I'm at my wits end.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elincia

Elincia

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

I have tried everything. I've turned off all of my Firewalls (on both Windows and Norton). I've deleted and reinstalled the game like 5 times. I completely redownloaded the game and installed it and I'm still getting this error message. It patches just fine but as soon as I enter in my login information, I get the "Failed to Connect to Server" error. Ragnarok has always run just fine on my computer; I just recently moved and ever since then I have been getting this error.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

What kind of internet connection are you on? Is it a university/business connection? Universities often block connections on ports used by RO. 

You might have success using Lowerping or WTFast to get around their firewall - but this may be blocked as well. 

#3 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Are you using the same ISP and router as you were in your previous residence?

#4 Elincia

Elincia

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 August 2013 - 12:10 PM

DrAzzy - It's just a personal internet connection at my apartment. I will check out those programs you suggested and see if that works.

Axylus - It is not. My old ISP did not provide services to my new apartment, so I had to switch to the only other option in town (Sudden Link). I'm starting to think that this is probably the issue and something about Sudden Link is blocking RO.

EDIT: Problem solved! I downloaded WTFast and now everything is running smoothly. Thanks so much for the suggestion!

Edited by Elincia, 19 August 2013 - 12:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users