Class Suggestion: Implementing Gunslinger. - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Suggestion: Implementing Gunslinger.

16 replies to this topic

#1 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:59 AM

I know the class has a possibility to come soon, but I thought I'd say what I'd like to see the class become, since it was one of my favorite RO1 classes.

I've literally been writing this for 10 hours now, trying to balance everything as much as I could for an imbalanced game, even though I know that most likely, nothing I say here is ever going to become a reality. Still, a certain thread by Klyde ( http://forums.warppo...de-30-2-3-jobs/ ) inspired me to write this, both his creative ideas, and the fact that someone mentioned he missed a gunner.

That said, here's the idea...

It would be nice to have a Gunslinger, one that at Level 25 has the choice to change to a Bounty Hunter (uses more modern looking Handguns instead of a Six-Shooter Revolver, which should work, since Gunslingers in RO1 did use modern-looking handguns), or the choice to become a Gambler (class I came up with as a concept for RO1, but it's not like it'll ever happen). This would mean 2 NPCs (as usual), one for Bounty Hunters, and one for Gamblers. Gamblers do not keep their First Job skills. Bounty Hunters keep their First Job skills.

The reason I think Gambler would fit is because when I think of the western movies, books, and games, gunslingers and cards (poker, for example) come to mind, since they typically play cards in just about every western book, movie, and game (even if it's not in the main storyline, it's typically in the background in movies and games when in saloons/bars). I just felt it made sense. I came up with a concept for the class a bit over a year ago when I saw some concept art for the second class for Ninjas (which has since then been implemented), but there was also some concept art for a possible Gunslinger second class, or at least, it appeared that way. I got to talking with some people on a forum for a private server, and Gambler was something I came up with as what I thought might be cool for a second class (although the skills I used here were quite different).

Obviously a single Six-Shooter Revolver would be decent DPS, while Dual Handguns would be more DPS than a single Six-Shooter Revolver, and they would also hit harder.

Gunslingers would use Six-Shooter Revolvers.

Bounty Hunters would use Dual Handguns.

Gamblers would use Cards (as a thrown projectile).

Gunslingers could have their typical skills. I based some of the skills off of existing skills for other classes, while still trying to keep the original effects. Adjustment is partially based off of the Fury and Flee skills. Madness Canceller is partially based around Guillotine Fist. Piercing Shot is based around Sharp Shooting. Snake Eyes was somewhat based around Attention Concentration. Rapid Shower was based around Double Attack. Chain Action was based around Combo Training. Triple Action was based around Ranger Main. Magic Bullet is based around Ankle Snare. Reload is based around any cool-down reset skill. Tracking is based around Poison Arrow. Desperado is based around Shadow Fang. Joker is based off of Intimidation. Card Fortress is based off of Iron Skin. Shuffle is based off of any cool-down reset skill. Royal Flush is based off of a combination between Steel Body and Shadow Form.

Starter Skills (active):

Rapid Shower: 5 level skill. Deals 10/15/20/25/30% attack damage on a single target. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 1 second.

Coin Flip: 1 level skill. Uses 1 Rupee (rather than Zeny) to gain 1 points (one per successful use), for a max of 10 points, with each point increasing ATK by 1% per point. Instant cast time. Duration of 30 minutes. Cool-down is 1 second.

Cracker: 3 level skill. Use 1 projectile and make a quick attack on the enemy, with a 20/35/50% chance to stun him/her for 3 seconds. Stun chance increases the closer the enemy is to you. Makes NO damage, and the monster will not attack back if is not aggressive. Cool-down is 10 seconds. Cast time is instant.

Active Skills:

Increase Accuracy: 3 level skill. Increase Atk by 5/10/15% for the User, and increase Hit, Vigor, Haste, and Critical for the user and the rest of the party by 1/1.5/2% per skill level. Duration 10 minutes. Cool-down 30 minutes. Consumes 5 coins. Cancels Snake Eyes if this skill is used, and applies Increase Accuracy instead.

Snake Eyes: 5 level skill. Increases STR and AGI by 1/2/3/4/5% for the entire party for 30 minutes. Cool-down is 5 seconds. Consumes 5 coins. Cancels Increase Accuracy if this skill is used, and applies Snake Eyes instead.

Disarm: 5 level skill. Disable an enemy target from attacking for 5 seconds, and decreases their defense by 2/4/6/8/10%. Consumes 5 coins.

Magic Bullet: 3 level skill. Fire a magical round at your target. The round is haunted by a ghost, which will immobilize the target completely for 10 seconds. Cool-down is 60/45/30 seconds.

Passive Skills:

Single Action: 3 level skill. Increases your own Hit, Haste, and Vigor by 1.0/1.5/2% per skill level.

Chain Action: 3 level skill. Has a 5/10/15% chance of gaining a Coin from Coin Flip without a cost of Rupee when attacking.

Triple Action: 3 level skill. Has a 5/7.5/10% chance of applying. When applied, the next three skills will not consume Coins. Skill does not apply to Madness Canceller. Duration is 10 seconds.

Now onto the skills I think Bounty Hunters should have:

Tracking: 3 level skill. Fire a round with precise accuracy to weaken an area on the target, causing 30% attack damage upon hit, and 10/15/20% attack damage every 2 seconds for 20 seconds. Cool-down is 5 seconds. Uses 5 coins.

Desperado: 3 level skill. Inflicts 5/10/15% damage on up to 10 enemies. This skill is effective when used on more than 3 enemies, but the effect drops when used on more than 6 enemies.

Reload: 5 level skill. Reload your weapons, reseting the cool-down on all skills. Cool-down is 200/180/160/140/120 seconds. Uses 5 coins.

Adjustment: 3 level skill. Your own Flee Rate is increased by 10/15/20% and all ranged Physical attacks do 5/10/15% reduced damage, and your HIT is reduced by 1/3/5%. Duration is 30 seconds. Cool-down is 120 seconds.

Ground Control: 3 level skill. Shoot your enemy in the foot to inflict 30/40/50% attack damage, and decrease their movement speed by 40/60/80% for 4/8/12 seconds.

Coin Fling: 5 level skill. Use 2/4/6/8/10 coins to heal yourself, and 4 surrounding party members within a 5 meter range, by throwing lucky coins in the air. Heals 5/10/15/20/25% max HP. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 90 seconds.

Flash-Bang: 1 level skill. Use 2 special blank bullet rounds that cause a large muzzle flash, which will blind and confuse up to 3 surrounding attacking enemies, causing them to stop attacking you, and causing them to attack the person with the highest threat in the party (it's basically an AOE form of Taunt, only it's used by someone other than the Tank). 60 second cool-down.

Final 2 Attacks:

Madness Canceller: 3 level skill. 10 coins and Adjustment required. Increase ATK by 75/100/125% for ten seconds. Haste and Vigor increased by 5% for 30 seconds. User cannot move for 10 seconds from the location the skill was used, but can turn (meaning it won't be like Freeze or a trap, but it will disallow movement) in any direction. Cool-down is 120 seconds.

Piercing Shot: 5 level skill. Deals 15/20/25/30/35% attack damage. Obtain 2 coins, and penetrate a target's weak point for 10 seconds to inflict 0.5/1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5% additional Attack Power damage. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 20 seconds.

Finisher Attack:

Bull's Eye: 5 level skill. An outstanding shot. Requires Adjustment, and target MUST be hit by Piercing Shot. Causes 80/90/100/110/120% ATK damage and has a 10% chance to put the target in a coma (sleep) state for 10 seconds. Does 50% additional damage if the target is Humanoid. Hitting the target will awake them immediately. Cool-down is 120 seconds. Uses 10 coins.

Now, onto the Gambler class:

Starter Skills:

Draw: 3 level skill. Use 3 cards to deal 3 hits, inflicting 5/10/15% damage per hit. Instant Cast time. Cool-down is 1 second.

Bum Rush: 3 level skill. Move instantly in front of your enemy, and tackle them to the ground, knocking them down for 3 seconds, and inflicting 15/20/25% damage. Cool-down is 60/40/20 seconds.

Ante Up: 3 level skill. Spend 100/300/500 Rupees to increase ATK by 1/3/5% and increase critical by 1.0/1.5/2.0%. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 60 seconds. Duration is 30 minutes.

Active Skills:

Silver Tongue: 3 level skill. Smooth-talk your enemy, confusing them, and causing them to attack themselves, inflicting 5/10/15% damage and inflicting Stun for 1/3/5 seconds. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 20 seconds.

Mug: 5 level skill. Steal your enemy's armor, decreasing their defense by 5/10/15/20/25% for 10 seconds. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 90 seconds.

Joker: 5 level skill. Summon the Jester spirit to taunt your enemy into attacking you. Instant Cast time. Cool-down is 25/20/15/10/5 seconds.

Shuffle: 5 level skill. Reset cool-down for all skills. Instant cast time. Cool-down is 200/180/160/140/120 seconds.

Royal Flush: 5 level skill. Excitement flows through you as you feel you cannot lose. Increases attack and movement speed by 15%, increases HP by 25%, and increases Threat Value by 175%. Cast time is 5 seconds. Cool-down is 5 seconds. Buff lasts until deactivated.

Queen of Hearts: 3 level skill. Summon the Queen of Hearts to Heal your party for 5/15/25% HP. Cool-down is 90 seconds.

Ace Of Spades: 5 level skill. Increases STR and AGI by 1/2/3/4/5% for the entire party for 30 minutes. Cool-down is 5 seconds.

Dice Roll: 5 level skill. Roll dice to deal 7/9/11/13/15% damage per hit. Deals up to 6 hits. Number of hits are determined by the number the dice lands on. Instant cast time. Cool-down is 30 seconds.

Bluff: 5 level skill. Convince your enemy you plan to turn and walk away, only to quickly jump behind them and stab them in the back with your cards, dealing 10/25/40/55/70% damage. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 20 seconds.

Poker Face: 3 level skill. Unavailable during battle. You become unpredictable, and Hide yourself, just like you hide your emotions. Movement speed is decreased by 40/20/0% while in Poker Face state. First attack deals twice the damage. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 3 seconds.

Passive Skills:

Card Fortress: 5 level skill. Build a fortress of cards around yourself, increasing defense by 10/20/30/40/50%.

Finisher Skill:

Gamble: 5 level skill. Inflict 7/9/11/13/15% HP damage on yourself to deal 70/90/110/130/150% damage on an enemy. The HP damage dealt is not recoverable for 10 seconds. Cast time is instant. Cool-down is 90 seconds.

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 15 January 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#2 Tiduspeco

Tiduspeco

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

Now that's a great concept. Love to see gunslinger come back :)

#3 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

woah, the dedication... I'll read it when I get the time!

#4 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

Now that's a great concept. Love to see gunslinger come back :)

Funny enough, I spent 10 hours working on figuring out how skills would work, and figuring out how to best balance them, as well as balancing one class to be an off-tank, while the other for more secondary support, while giving them both a decent amount of offensive skills as well... Yet, I couldn't get around to doing the, "A Picture Says 100 Words Event." :p_laugh:

Glad you actually read and liked it, though. :p_idea:  Thanks for reading it.

#5 ApathyPizza

ApathyPizza

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'd like to see improvements on current classes prior to adding new classes, but I do agree that the addition of some older RO1 classes would make the game more dynamic and fun to play.

#6 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:52 AM

I'd like to see improvements on current classes prior to adding new classes, but I do agree that the addition of some older RO1 classes would make the game more dynamic and fun to play.

True, other classes do need to be fixed, but it would definitely add something to the game. Hell, I don't even care if they give the class to Noels (it would bug me a bit, though), just as long as it gets in the game, I don't care. I would, however, prefer some of the skills I listed, and honestly, I'm hoping to see a class similar to the Gambler in RO.

Card-Throwers in RPGs have always fascinated me for some reason, such as Setzer from Final Fantasy 6, and Sneff from Chrono Cross. There was one videogame on Super Nintendo I played as a kid where a character used them, too, but I can't remember the name, sadly.  :p_cry:  Gambit from X-MEN is another example, but not exactly a game character.

Which reminds me... I wonder if Gambit would be a cooler name for the finishing move for Gambler... :p_conf:

#7 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:50 AM

If I remember correctly, RO2 is a precuel of RO1. 
If my statement is right, Gunslingers come from Einbroch - Einbech, cities founded after the knowledge crysis in RO1. Making them technologically advanced to other classes.
Implementing new jobs is an amazing idea, but implementing Gunslingers and Ninjas from RO1 is like placing a Sound Theatre in a mid-class house in the 50's. They'll love to use it when they know how to, but the time gap doesn't make it right.

That's my kind opinion.

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:41 AM

RO2 takes place 300 years AFTER RO1. And Einbroch is planned for a future update. Depending on how Schwartzvald did during the Ragnarok battles, it may have been rebuilding itself after the conflicts or advanced farther by RO2's time.

EDIT: Sorry, mixed up my 1 with my 3 key.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 August 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#9 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:51 PM

If my statement is right, Gunslingers come from Einbroch - Einbech, cities founded after the knowledge crysis in RO1. Making them technologically advanced to other classes.
Implementing new jobs is an amazing idea, but implementing Gunslingers and Ninjas from RO1 is like placing a Sound Theatre in a mid-class house in the 50's. They'll love to use it when they know how to, but the time gap doesn't make it right.

That's my kind opinion.

There is supposedly a NPC that is a Gunslinger, or at least, the guy has a gun. That's evidence enough that, regardless of time-line, guns exist in the world of RO2.

RO2 takes place 100 years AFTER RO1. And Einbroch is planned for a future update. Depending on how Schwartzvald did during the Ragnarok battles, it may have been rebuilding itself after the conflicts or advanced farther by RO2's time.

Actually, from what I've read; it's 300 years after. People actually make the mistake of it being 100 years before, and that leads to people mistaking it being 100 years after RO1. The majority of content I've found on the time-line says 300 years after, however, the majority of the content I've found is also player-submitted, so even that could be wrong. I guess I should look into it more to be sure... :p_swt:

Honestly, I was wondering if it would be the same time-line of GOTW or not. 300 years after seems easier to understand than this:

"The year 1000 L.C is approaching. One thousand years prior, a terrible destruction took place, and the world was saved by St. Lif. Roughly twenty years earlier, a destructive war took place between Normans of the east and west, but there has recently been peace. Strange things have begun happening, however; the dark wanderers Dimago have awoken, and the Ellr have left their land of Alfheim to investigate the Mother Tree's silence."

Then again, I've only ever watched one episode of the Anime and I played the first game, but I have no real idea about the major plot-points of the storyline itself. :p_swt:

Edited by SoraOfKHK, 28 August 2013 - 09:53 PM.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:50 PM

Actually, from what I've read; it's 300 years after. People actually make the mistake of it being 100 years before, and that leads to people mistaking it being 100 years after RO1. The majority of content I've found on the time-line says 300 years after, however, the majority of the content I've found is also player-submitted, so even that could be wrong. I guess I should look into it more to be sure... :p_swt:

Honestly, I was wondering if it would be the same time-line of GOTW or not. 300 years after seems easier to understand than this:

"The year 1000 L.C is approaching. One thousand years prior, a terrible destruction took place, and the world was saved by St. Lif. Roughly twenty years earlier, a destructive war took place between Normans of the east and west, but there has recently been peace. Strange things have begun happening, however; the dark wanderers Dimago have awoken, and the Ellr have left their land of Alfheim to investigate the Mother Tree's silence."

Then again, I've only ever watched one episode of the Anime and I played the first game, but I have no real idea about the major plot-points of the storyline itself. :p_swt:

Yes, RO2 is 300 years after RO1. I mixed up my number keys. >_<

Gate of the World is set in an alternate timeline where Baldr has a son name St. Lif who saved the world. As far as I could tell, the original RO2 wasn't related to RO1 very much, which is why its popularity fell back then (in addition to lack of content).

The Ragnarok anime is a spin-off of RO; no relation to the manhwa at all.

#11 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

Yes, RO2 is 300 years after RO1. I mixed up my number keys. >_<

Gate of the World is set in an alternate timeline where Baldr has a son name St. Lif who saved the world. As far as I could tell, the original RO2 wasn't related to RO1 very much, which is why its popularity fell back then (in addition to lack of content).

The Ragnarok anime is a spin-off of RO; no relation to the manhwa at all.

Is it bad that I don't even know what a Manhwa is? XD

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:37 AM

Is it bad that I don't even know what a Manhwa is? XD

Manhwa - Korean
Manga - Japanese
Comic/Graphic Novel - English

And manhua is Chinese, if anyone is curious.

#13 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:48 AM

Manhwa - Korean
Manga - Japanese
Comic/Graphic Novel - English

And manhua is Chinese, if anyone is curious.

Interesting. :p_omg:

#14 2186130521195602510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Server:Odin.

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:28 AM

Thanks for the answers guys, I've been mistaken all my gameplay thinking "WTF THERE'S A COWBOY WITH A GUN" and going mad at history gaps.

#15 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for the answers guys, I've been mistaken all my gameplay thinking "WTF THERE'S A COWBOY WITH A GUN" and going mad at history gaps.

The reason there's a cowboy with a gun is because the game originally had a Hunter class that utilized guns with assisting pets. That got revamped into Beastmaster, probably because they realized they wanted to implement Gunslinger and didn't want to have 2 redundant gun classes. Hunter ended up becoming a union instead.

#16 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:28 PM

Bump.

I want this to be seen. Still think the game needs a Gunslinger class. Even if my idea isn't implemented exactly,  it could get some of those creative juices flowing...

#17 Rhein14

Rhein14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 18 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

I hope new devs and support team reads this, I want to play new classes in game, it's RO2 needs improvement from current RO1. RO1 is legend the game that we love and still is, RO2 somewhat like I dunno don't want to advance by giving us more classes, Ninja, Taekwondo, Assassin Cross, Paladin, and etc.... I want a game to look forward to again. In current game RO2 bored me now. Hope they release new classes to boost the game not same old same old classes. 1 class per 6 months will do fine I guess.. so BUMP for this! 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users