Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards! - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

post-51067-0-18930300-1377638998.jpg

Rules and Standards!

Sign-up Thread

Official Rules for Fight Nights ::

1. Exploitation of game mechanics WILL lead to immediate disqualification.
  2. Game Masters will have the final call of administration of tournament rules.
  3. No outside Items will be allowed for this Tournament.
  4. Arguing with a GM's call in-game is grounds for immediate disqualification.
  5. Changing the Pre-set Character's armor/weapon in ANYWAY WILL lead to immediate disqualification.
  6. Any match exceeding 5 minutes in length will result in immediate disqualification of all players (unless specified otherwise by the GMs).  In most cases, the team with more players standing will win that round.
  7. Please post any questions regarding the Tournament in this Thread, not the Sign-up Sheet Thread.
  8. NO CHARACTER CHANGES will be allowed once you have entered the tournament room.  Changing characters and/or entering the "Equip" menu inside the room WILL lead to disqualification. 
  9. In the event that a fighter disconnects prior to the match beginning, a restart may be declared at the GM's discretion. If a fighter disconnects after the match has begun, a restart may be declared at the GM's discretion.
  10. Redo's will be at GM Discretion. Not all matches will be eligible for a redo, this is up to the GM.
  11. You can only have yourself entered on ONE Team. If it's found that your on multiple teams within this Tournament... it will lead to immediate disqualification for this Tournament and future Tournaments until further notice. (Remember, we have the power so don't test your luck!)
  12. Have fun!

More to come... Feel like you want to add a rule? Post it below!

Next time... Saturday (10/5) around 2:00PM PDT!

Spoiler

As you guys already know; fights will be 2 vs 2.  Either be in-game or active on the Forums so that we can message you letting you know to get ready.  We will be giving you an account and password for your pre-geared character.  Each character will have X3 Skill Resets.  We're hoping to start at 2:00PM PDT.

Time may change, but I doubt it.

Skill Restrictions - Level 59 and below

• [Warriors]

Sword Dance, Parry, Revenge, Armor Break, Barricade, -_-roach Life, Time Reverse, Recovery Blessing, Stumble Bum

• [Mages]

Slow Heal, Self Heal, Wide Heal, Instant Heal, HP Restore, Barrier, Perfect Seal

• [Thieves]

Hypnotizer, Mind Reading, 

• [Archers]

Hallucination, Silence Trap, Tesla Coil, 

• [Twin Fighter]

Wheel of Fortune(Rebound), Power Weaving

• [Summoner]

Mana Burn, Summon Blesser

• [General]

Snake Dashing

More to come.. Feel like you want to add a Skill? Post it up!

Pre-Set Gear and Weapons :

Forest, Life, and Wild Weapons. 

Armor wise, the Elf[Event] armor set that players have been getting when you first create a character.

Spoiler

Current Scoreboard ::

1. WeGotThis :: 150 Points
  2. fearthecome :: 250 Points
  3. Team Pancakes :: 300 Points
  4. Rugrats :: 200 Points
  5. Oracion :: 50 Points
  6. Solaris :: 0 Points
  7. Bad Touch :: 100 Points
  8. CholoYCholaWithQueso :: 300 Points
  9. nab :: 50 Points
  10. KnightMuffinPants :: 200 Points
  11. THQICE :: 0 Points

#2 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

If anyone has a concern or suggestion regarding the skills allowed or banned, please post here why you think the skill should be allowed or banned. Let's try to make this tournament fun and fair for everyone.

#3 DoomXiao

DoomXiao

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 669 posts
  • LocationNo where but everywhere
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Where do I sign up?

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

Are 4th job and awakening skills allowed?

#5 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Things that should be added

Warriors- Chain Shield( Makes it impossible for AR meaning as soon as you get caught you're dead), All 4th job skills

Thieves- dexterity(Increases special stats enough to make it unbalanced),stormstepping( Increases evade enough to become imba), All 4th Job skills

Archers- Acid Arrow( Lowers def too much),Bleed( Extremely imbalanced  tournaments) ,Tesla Coil (Extremely imbalanced in tournaments), Sniping( Extremely powerful and on too low of a cd for tournament play) All 4th job skills

Fighters- Completely banned due to causing people to crash. If not then Weave,Wheel of Fortune,Infinite Turning Kick, All 4th job skills

Summoners- Golgon ( It's HP boost is too high basicly gives the team another person), Blesser( Gives a heal), All 4th job skills.

Edited by StormHaven, 28 August 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#6 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

Are 4th job and awakening skills allowed?

Characters will be level 59. Theres a sign up thread a couple of threads down with a little bit more info.

@Doom Theres a thread for the sign up.

Edited by VolunteerMod02, 28 August 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#7 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Where do I sign up?

You can Sign up here!

Remember, you can edit your team at any time but once the threads locks.. it's done!

#8 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

wow this sounds very interesting 

#9 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Why don't we just ban everything but x attack? Geez.

#10 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

Why don't we just ban everything but x attack? Geez.

Sorry! We need to get rid of healing overall. Wouldn't be fair if every class was excluded except one.

#11 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

Warriors- Chain Shield( Makes it impossible for AR meaning as soon as you get caught you're dead), All 4th job skills

Thieves- dexterity(Increases special stats enough to make it unbalanced),stormstepping( Increases evade enough to become imba), All 4th Job skills

Archers- Acid Arrow( Lowers def too much),Bleed( Extremely imbalanced  tournaments) ,Tesla Coil (Extremely imbalanced in tournaments), Sniping( Extremely powerful and on too low of a cd for tournament play) All 4th job skills

Fighters- Completely banned due to causing people to crash. If not then Weave,Wheel of Fortune,Infinite Turning Kick, All 4th job skills

Summoners- Golgon ( It's HP boost is too high basicly gives the team another person), Blesser( Gives a heal), All 4th job skills.

No,no,no,no,no,no,no,no. People who lag easily shouldn't join PvP tournaments AND fighters do have high damage but did you ever consider how easy it is to kill them? My fighter uses lvl47 set and it's enchanted to the point that it's better than elf. AND I still die in a few hits to people with starting gear

#12 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

Sorry! We need to get rid of healing overall. Wouldn't be fair if every class was excluded except one.

I apologize, i should have quoted Storm specifically as i was making a jab at him. Summoners also can heal by sacrificing their summons, i'll have to check what its called for you if you'd like.

Anyways back to what i was getting at; I don't see why you'd want so many skills banned (outside of the perma lock and healing enablers) Everyone is going to have their own opinions of OP, and i see this devolving into nothing but either A: very bland matches where only a minority of skills are available for some classes or  B: Huge amounts of people throwing back and forth "WHY DO THEY GET THIS AND I CANT USE ______" To the point it no longer becomes fun and is stressful for all involved.

#13 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:34 PM

I have a suggestion. Add a few skill resets to the characters so that if someone messed up their build. They can change it between matches

#14 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

I apologize, i should have quoted Storm specifically as i was making a jab at him. Summoners also can heal by sacrificing their summons, i'll have to check what its called for you if you'd like.

Anyways back to what i was getting at; I don't see why you'd want so many skills banned (outside of the perma lock and healing enablers) Everyone is going to have their own opinions of OP, and i see this devolving into nothing but either A: very bland matches where only a minority of skills are available for some classes or  B: Huge amounts of people throwing back and forth "WHY DO THEY GET THIS AND I CANT USE ______" To the point it no longer becomes fun and is stressful for all involved.

The skills banned are fairly reasonable. Imagine someone blocking every second hit. Or someone going to full HP all the time. Or you keep getting knocked down and have to wait like 3 seconds for a chance to get up.

#15 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

The skills banned are fairly reasonable. Imagine someone blocking every second hit. Or someone going to full HP all the time. Or you keep getting knocked down and have to wait like 3 seconds for a chance to get up.

I don't know how to be any more clear than what i posted. I was specifically targeting what storm said, AND i agreed on heal/lock enablers being banned.

#16 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

~hitting head on wall~ since when can you have 4th job skills at lvl59? But yeah chain shield is OP. As for the other skills. None should be removed. And weaving is very needed for twins. 1 or 2 hits = instant death. Tesla Coil shouldn't be removed either. It's easy to avoid and pathfinder doesn't have too many attacks. Sniping does high damage but is fairly easy to see someone using snipe. Dexterity doesn't make too much of a difference considering how little effect evade has and everyone will be the same lvl. Summoner need the protection. Only skill for summoner that should be removed is area spell and spell prison since the summons are very strong. Though for thief hypnotizer should be banned or be kept at lvl1 because it will be op in team pvp

Edited by Ezrael14, 28 August 2013 - 02:52 PM.

#17 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

I have a suggestion. Add a few skill resets to the characters so that if someone messed up their build. They can change it between matches

That's something we planned for~

Thanks though!

#18 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

~hitting head on wall~ since when can you have 4th job skills at lvl59?

That's how the previous tournaments were, it was just a force of habit. 4th jobs are not available for this Tournament.

#19 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

I don't know how to be any more clear than what i posted. I was specifically targeting what storm said, AND i agreed on heal/lock enablers being banned.

Yeah true. What storm said is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too unreasonable. Seriously twins are glass cannons. Just get them in a combo and they die

#20 Panncake

Panncake

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:58 PM

If i have a character a lv 32 I wouldn't get pinned against someone lv 59,  would I? Is there any kind of grouping method being put in place or is it random, in terms of who fights against whom

#21 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

If i have a character a lv 32 I wouldn't get pinned against someone lv 59,  would I? Is there any kind of grouping method being put in place or is it random, in terms of who fights against whom

The tournament is with pre-made characters. You won't be using your character.

#22 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:05 PM

u will not be using your own character u will be given a lvl 59 character for the tournament.

#23 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Not at all horrifyingly profile pic person. :ok:

You will have a level 59 character to fight with.  Regarding on who(m) will fight who(m), it all depends on how many teams register.

I also better see everyone who posted, register for the tournament.

#24 Panncake

Panncake

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

Soooooo I'll be given a pre-made character at level 59 and I'll be about to choose which class and which skills I want, with the exception of the ones mentioned above?

#25 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:14 PM

what about lag dashing, those dash that go from side to side, those dash that they use in the community race. will those be ban or there no way u cant tell from them using it.

At Panncake: yes

Edited by dango, 28 August 2013 - 03:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users