Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards! - Page 2 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#26 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Not at all horrifyingly profile pic person. :ok:

You will have a level 59 character to fight with.  Regarding on who(m) will fight who(m), it all depends on how many teams register.

I also better see everyone who posted, register for the tournament.

Will you be my partner Shazzy?

But on a serious note, The VM's are allowed to enter correct?

#27 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

what about lag dashing, those dash that go from side to side, those dash that they use in the community race. will those be ban or there no way u cant tell from them using it.

At Panncake: yes

First I've heard of it but if it's abusing a glitch or exploit of some kind, expect for that player to be disqualified. 

Will you be my partner Shazzy?

But on a serious note, The VM's are allowed to enter correct?

Probably not.

VM's are allowed to enter into the Tournament.  There will be no kind of favoritism going on.

#28 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:28 PM

Lag dashing is pretty much abusing the client to cause it to look like you're dashing all around when you're not.

And i'm glad to hear VM's can join us. :)

#29 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

suggest ban on impervion for pally and ghost fighter for fighter as well as fighter revive skill and the use of the same class in one team. Also fighters don't just crash themselves they usually crash opponents and members of their own team if we set up a 5v5 I can guarantee at least 2 crashes I can't say the same for a 2v2 though. 

Edited by ohsnap, 28 August 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#30 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

Please only use this thread for the discussion of the rules and mechanics. The Registration Thread is ONLY for the people who want to register.

#31 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

Deathbound -40% All stats, including physical and magical attack, are decreased for the duration of the status.

Stumble -40% Physical Attack and aim rate.

Dashing Blow - Serious Bleeding -27% Max HP

-67% HP just from 2 hits then the damage done from wyvern blade and storm blade. just doesnt seem possible.

#32 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:12 PM

lets take out blink for mages :3

#33 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:14 AM

Twins are overpowering hands down the same twin is able to take a two vs one

Current Endgame: (75+ That still play)
Ninja- ShinoRyu, Seoyoun, Tajima, Clarky

With ghost fighter ofc.

Edited by Apocryphos, 29 August 2013 - 02:18 AM.

#34 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:23 AM

suggest ban on impervion for pally and ghost fighter for fighter as well as fighter revive skill and the use of the same class in one team. Also fighters don't just crash themselves they usually crash opponents and members of their own team if we set up a 5v5 I can guarantee at least 2 crashes I can't say the same for a 2v2 though. 

yesterday in a 3v3 with a twin 3 ppl crashed out.

#35 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:36 AM

With ghost fighter ofc.

~tyty

#36 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:52 AM

With ghost fighter ofc.

You seem to have quoted my post from a different thread. Also if twins are allowed to have their 100% blocks why ban a block-canceling catch like stumblebum? :(

~tyty

Go home Gardi, you're drunk!

#37 Ezrael14

Ezrael14

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:55 AM

Why is everyone negative against twins T_T I want to be a twin but because of all the twin fighter hate on this forum I am guessing they will be banned sooner or later from the tournament -_-

#38 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

Why is everyone negative against twins T_T I want to be a twin but because of all the twin fighter hate on this forum I am guessing they will be banned sooner or later from the tournament -_-

List of bugs with twin fighters

1. They can cause random people to crash in pvp rooms.

2. Power Fist/Lion's Roar have a chance to crash the fighter

3. The twin can be glitched so it doesn't show up on your opponents screen

4. Multiple twin skills can be glitched to have 0 cooldown

Reason why they're considered overpowered

1. They are the only class that has the ability to revive people teammates in PvP

2. At any given point fighting a twin you have .5 seconds to damage them before they get another 100% block skill up.

3. The twin can attack while the fighter is frozen,silenced,in air. Only a stun will prevent the fighter from being able to use twin skills.

4. The twin is invincible and immune to CC which makes any match vs a twin X vs X+1

#39 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

Twin is also hands down the fastest class in naked pvp.. Also if youre dying easy as a twin and complaining how you're like paper, you're playing twin wrong. 

You seem to have quoted my post from a different thread. Also if twins are allowed to have their 100% blocks why ban a block-canceling catch like stumblebum? :(

Go home Gardi, you're drunk!

no you go home

Edited by ohsnap, 29 August 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#40 NateNear

NateNear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:55 PM

just read this... about twins , yes overpowered in terms of naked pvp fights... ( cant explain that detail cause i rarely even touched a twin character) just my opinion maybe

and that .... lagg dash comment.... if u mean it's something like "snake dash" or whatever ppl calls it these days. it's been there forever, every client can do it, it's not a bug.. but i cant explain it well to really say. feel free to argue about it.. SEA server has always had this before , in this server , even if it's still semi -newish to alot of players here , it's not any program, or a bugg.. i doubt the developers can fix or prevent it at all , so no point saying it will be banned ... its' just like image tricks. learn it if you want , any country, any server, any computer can do this *snake dash* ... if it's a different kind of "dash" , pls do show a video for more specific. cause i noticed it's named " lagg" i cant be too sure myself, might be different in my mind

#41 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

Snake dashing was considered a exploit of mechanics by hastur and nolanvoid in all past tournaments.

#42 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:57 AM

honestly snake dashing isnt even that broken, at this point anyone that does it uses it out of muscle memory rather than exploitation of game mechanics

I think all aim debuffs should be banned:

myrms stumble and deathbound, priest's mud, gren's curse bomb, assassin's log 

There's probably more to it

evade buffs:

pf hallucination assuming it works,, harlequins mind reader, ninjas dexterity and storm stepping, I think  fighters also have evade buffs too

major defense and hp debuffs:

priest detection, warmage disease, pally armor break, pfs acid arrow, myrms dashing blow 

the invincibility skills:

mages and summoners heal skills, priest emergency exit, perfect seal, barrier, pallies barricade and recovery blessing, impervion and their defense buffs like defensive blessing and warriors bond giving at least 80% more total def, fighters definite defense skill , fighters rebound(reviving skill)

the game breaking offensive skills:

warriors sword dance, pally chain shield, fighter ghost fighter, possible summoner's golgon, harlequins headspin which gives superarmor, assassin's hypnotizer and possibly violent blow giving ninjas supe armor and a possible stun, pf's tesla, silence and possibly book because of high DoT damage, snipers sniping, 

These are example on top of my head there's probably more but all these were major factors at why all these classes are so imba in naked and such combinations of each is what makes one team more deadly than others. Providing instant stumble with priest cast time buffs and priest's mud giving extra aim debuffs as well as deathbound, We have ninjas taking advantage of evade because of myrm aim debuffs, the pally buffs giving them and their partners a ton of defense, an easy un punishable harlequin headspin or pally chain shield and archer anti air shot spamming combination

Also these restrictions will balance out the game so qq moar you pvp scrubs

Edited by ohsnap, 02 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#43 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

So Twin Fighters.. yay or noo?

Personally, I don't like excluding certain classes.

#44 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

I'm with you on that. Excluding a whole class is silly.

#45 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think it wouldnt be fair to the twins to exclude them, but if its too game breaking then thats your call.

#46 AlvaroZ

AlvaroZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Obviously no, we don't want twins in tournament .-.

#47 NateNear

NateNear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

too OP in a naked pvp, but ... excluding the whole class seems unfair.

so, most likely i will vote for more restrictions on certain skills ( again, i have no idea what does what in a twin ), do remind about try not to over nerf any class if not they are really rendered useless

about the snake dash thingy , i already have a habit out of it.. even in pve T^T ... crap

Edited by NateNear, 30 August 2013 - 04:03 PM.

#48 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Obviously no, we don't want twins in tournament .-.

I dont want priests in tournament I suppose we should ban them too. 

Just restrict skills and restart matches if they dc ppl. 

#49 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

That Twin Fighter pvp crashing glitch was reported, recorded, uploaded on YouTube, and demonstrated in front of a GM about two years ago yet it still exists today. Not surprised. Anyway,Twin players shouldn't be excluded from participating due to a bug that was never fixed. Maybe the current crop of GMs can witness it and finally take action...or introduce another set of weapons that'll kill all +20 armor in half a second instead of two.

And Twins aren't OP in naked PvP as far as I can remember playing but maybe things have changed in a year and a half.

Oh yes, pvp rules. Well, I've always been a fan of no restrictions at all. I want to see what the optimized stuff on the best class combination with the best players playing! Will this be streamed like the PvP tourneys of long ago?

Edited by necoconeco, 30 August 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#50 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:34 PM

That Twin Fighter pvp crashing glitch was reported, recorded, uploaded on YouTube, and demonstrated in front of a GM about two years ago yet it still exists today. Not surprised. Anyway,Twin players shouldn't be excluded from participating due to a bug that was never fixed. Maybe the current crop of GMs can witness it and finally take action...or introduce another set of weapons that'll kill all +20 armor in half a second instead of two.

And Twins aren't OP in naked PvP as far as I can remember playing but maybe things have changed in a year and a half.

Oh yes, pvp rules. Well, I've always been a fan of no restrictions at all. I want to see what the optimized stuff on the best class combination with the best players playing! Will this be streamed like the PvP tourneys of long ago?

^  the best players are gone :(  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users