Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards! - Page 3 - Past Forum Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Fight Nights! Official Rules and Standards!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
201 replies to this topic

#51 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

my concern about fighters is the amount of crashing than can cause rather than their insane block rate which can be restricted

#52 AlvaroZ

AlvaroZ

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

I dont want priests in tournament I suppose we should ban them too. 

Just restrict skills and restart matches if they dc ppl. 

you can pray all they long staring from now if you want to, but your desire is not gonna make true. However, it's more likely to get twins banned due to their skills (they can cast-spam block-rate skills and they are control, even when froze, the other twin will attack you), and that's pretty unfair.

#53 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

you can pray all they long staring from now if you want to, but your desire is not gonna make true. However, it's more likely to get twins banned due to their skills (they can cast-spam block-rate skills and they are control, even when froze, the other twin will attack you), and that's pretty unfair.

You're playing a class that can ignore block rate. Also, is it that difficult to walk around a frozen twin and attack from where they can't counter? 

#54 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:10 PM

It's unfair to blame a class that has a unique, albeit limited, ability to protect itself while frozen.  The blame should be placed on the unintelligent player who couldn't think of a way to attack a twin (that's frozen!) from a safe position. If the above poster is insinuating that the person he's quoting plays a Priest, well that Priest needs to gain some more INT. And I'm not talking about in-game.   :chomok04:

#55 Starkespada1

Starkespada1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationNo.
  • Server:Yes.

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Just let twin fighters play in this 1st tournament see how it turns out, if it all goes bad then maybe that'll be the kick-start to fixing their skills                                                                                                       ~im talking about the D/Cing issues when i say fix their skills~Zzzz

Edited by Starkespada1, 30 August 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#56 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

It's unfair to blame a class that has a unique, albeit limited, ability to protect itself while frozen.  The blame should be placed on the unintelligent player who couldn't think of a way to attack a twin (that's frozen!) from a safe position. If the above poster is insinuating that the person he's quoting plays a Priest, well that Priest needs to gain some more INT. And I'm not talking about in-game.   :chomok04:

The person I'm quoting is registered in the Sign up thread as a Priest. Why I'm saying Twin's aren't impossible to combo because of that counter they do. It's very limited and skills like Sword's Dance and Cross cut can also screw over the twin. Especially since the Fighter can't fusion it back safely. There are ways to efficiently combo a Twin to oblivion. The catching is annoying but like I said; Use a Block ignoring catching move.

Just let twin fighters play in this 1st tournament see how it turns out, if it all goes bad then maybe that'll be the kick-start to fixing their skills                                                                                                       ~im talking about the D/Cing issues when i say fix their skills~Zzzz

The thing is the crashes and dc'es are entirely random. It can never come up for 5 matches in a row or come up instantly after 1 round. GM's have tested it recently to find it's entirely random to trigger now. It never comes up when you want it to.

#57 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:In your closet

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:14 PM

You're playing a class that can ignore block rate. Also, is it that difficult to walk around a frozen twin and attack from where they can't counter? 

lol. just lol. practice what you preach.

#58 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

an example of an unintelligent player. You can blink out of fighter skills and frog or freeze them easily. You're blaming a class for being Op but it's the fact that you lack the skills and intelligence to know how to fight them. If anything priest is at least one of the better classes that match against a fighter. In fact priest practically has the capability to provide the best buffs or debuffs as well as the better catching skills like barbarian beating out most moves from other classes. So if fighters are to be banned for "being OP" ban priests cause that class as a whole is no better. If you're good with your class you wouldn't have to complain and cry everytime a fighter doesn't die from you just x spamming. Remember priests have many other OP skills to abuse and that's why as long as priests stay fighters stay. :3 

Edited by ohsnap, 30 August 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#59 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:21 AM

imo remove weaving or reduce its rate by 50%, i mean if ghost fighter is already getting restricted then they don't have a lot of OP catch moves so there's really no reason to ban their entire class

The thing is the crashes and dc'es are entirely random. It can never come up for 5 matches in a row or come up instantly after 1 round. GM's have tested it recently to find it's entirely random to trigger now. It never comes up when you want it to.

I can replicate it pretty well, to the point where I am almost positive the bug is purely a latency issue (I rarely if ever crash since I made my desktop, however I crashed 100% when I played on my old laptops)

#60 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

out of curiosity, i'd like for you guys to play a decent fighter using a priest. 

i have a hunch that you guys don't even play priests and are just ragging on the ones that do(play) and are good at it.

#61 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

Let's try to be civil here, theres no need for this to be getting out of hand.

#62 ohsnap

ohsnap

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

out of curiosity, i'd like for you guys to play a decent fighter using a priest. 

i have a hunch that you guys don't even play priests and are just ragging on the ones that do(play) and are good at it.

You are sadly mistaken I know the 2 best fighters on the server. One is barely active and posting here on this page and one who bsqs enough understanding how broken a priest can be. Even when I play sorcerer I know to position myself so the twin wont hit me and if I see the ghost fighter animation start up I would blink and move out of reach. Priest have emergency exit and blink as well as non blockable to catching skills. They have all these tools to fight any fighter whether bad or good. I have a hunch its just the bad priests raging at the decent fighters.

#63 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:15 AM

I can replicate it pretty well, to the point where I am almost positive the bug is purely a latency issue (I rarely if ever crash since I made my desktop, however I crashed 100% when I played on my old laptops)

Well somehow it was difficult to replicate when the GM used his Twin Fighter to test this. No one ever crashed.

#64 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:31 AM

Regarding Snake Dash, it seems that everyone understands that it's a "bug/glitch" but everyone does it.  So it shall remain.

Regarding, Twin Fighters.. I rather restrict skills for now. 

#65 igozuvi

igozuvi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 657 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Gurlz
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Well somehow it was difficult to replicate when the GM used his Twin Fighter to test this. No one ever crashed.

I imagine because a GM most likely isn't using a cruddy laptop to do their testing. Like I said it is probably a latency issue between the client and the graphics card

#66 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:35 AM

let twins play if you restrict the revive 1 weave and disqualify if they abuse light speed cooldown and ghost fighter.

#67 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:40 AM

I imagine because a GM most likely isn't using a cruddy laptop to do their testing. Like I said it is probably a latency issue between the client and the graphics card

I was with shazam when we were testing it. 2 twins we did a couple rounds of pvp no crashes, then later that day with engardi i was got crashed out. Then i've also had matches were no one has d/ced with twins in the match.

#68 VolunteerMod02

VolunteerMod02

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 268 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:42 AM

Just in case necoconeco has mained a fighter and a priest, and from personal experience she is a very good invoker and the best twin fighter in the game. I think she knows what shes talking about, so if she says fighters are good to go I have to agree with her.

#69 Engarde

Engarde

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Just in case necoconeco has mained a fighter and a priest, and from personal experience she is a very good invoker and the best twin fighter in the game. I think she knows what shes talking about, so if she says fighters are good to go I have to agree with her.

This ^

#70 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:56 AM

Twins aren't impossible to 1v1. I don't see any reason to ban a class from a tournament. Restrict a few skills is ok but no banning entirely.

#71 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:27 AM

Banning twins isn't fair. Lack of experience playing against them can make them seem a more overwhelming than they actually are. The only thing that needs to be banned from fighters is their revive skill.

Now as for lag dashing; using it is your way of saying you only want to win and have no respect for your opponent. I've been over this before but I don't want to hear "it's second nature now" or anything. I've played people who stop doing it because I asked. Learn to dodge skills normally.

#72 mag727

mag727

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

First of all, this thread is not asking  for our suggestions about banning a "specific class!"    :ani_bzz:  The purpose of having a Friday Night PVP Tournament is to enhance our knowledge and skills in pvp and, most importantly, to enjoy the game. This means that everyone (regardless of which class you are playing) will have an equal chance of entering the tournament, without any questions asked!!  :ani_glare:  By the way, I like the design of this year's pvp tourny cover page where both human and dragonkin class are included.  I love to pvp twin fighters especially.   :ani_shy: Without them, I probably won't get a chance to improve my skills!   :sob:   

Secondly, for those who are worried about the bug/glitch (from twin fighters) that causes crashes, that is rarely a case in a 2 vs 2 pvp match (based on last year's friday night pvp tournament). :p_idea:  Even if someone got dced, gm was generous enough to restart the match. The majority of dc/crash from the tourny is due to internet disconnection or computer problems (Too bad for some of us :Emo_13:).  Client crash as a result of the twin bug occurs more frequently as more players pvp together, for example 5 vs 5, but this is not the case for the tourny (since it is 2 vs 2). I understand that many players are concerned with this issue, but in reality there is nothing to worry about since gm will re-arrange the situation if it occurs.  :no1:

Anyways, I am not here to point out who is right and who is wrong. I believe this pvp tourny is a fair game for everyone since all characters will be premade. :no1:   Personally, I do not think a particular skill would be abused in the tourny (unless it does not require mana). 

~Arcanists~ :p_hi:

didn't read it.  emotes said it perfectly.

#73 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

It's easy to settle this issue. Just have every player who wants to ban twins from the tourney to use a pre-made high level twin against another player using any other class. If they suck badly with the twin, then just ignore everything they have to say regarding the tourney from then onwards. XDDDDD

#74 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

How bout we ban anything that gives Jump or Dash block. Now you know how twins feel when they hear the words; "Banned from tourneys cause we can't handle twins."

#75 NateNear

NateNear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

:p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt: ......

erm... ok , no raging pls , as a few and i suggested, banning the whole class is a bit too much , but just have some skill restrictions, and there was this thing about making some bug traps / disconnection/abnormal or whatever, i dont have any suggestions on this part, cause i really dont recommend to bann the whole class, but as said above, it's by random ( i guess? ) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users