#1 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:56 AM

Greetings ladies and mentlegen. Mods please do NOT move this to the Class Discussion forum, I wish for everyone in this community to give me their opinions even if they don't have a wizard.

I feel as if that once Crecentia/Soul Maker classes are released without a balance patch persay, then we wizards are probably going to be kicked out of the family picture(parties and raids).

Now before this get's all technical and mathy from other posts, I would like to say this. We wizards really need a dps buff up even if it's slight. As much as I would like other classes to have buff ups like the monk and BM, I feel as if that the wizards(as a dps class) are in needing of a buff up as well. From my point in parties and raids, wizards seem to be really slow in catching up in dps with rangers and sorcerers in some scenarios.

Since I want to keep this as simple and to the point as possible, here's what I suggest. 

Fire Ball: Increase the magic damage from 56% to 65%(LVL 5), since this is ever so used to initiate and from Fire Ball Mastery proc. I think this buff up will help wizards catch up in dps when starting off and when avoiding or ice walling deadly raid boss skills.

Fire Ball Mastery: Increase the chances of instantly casting Fire Ball from 20%(LVL 5) to 35%(LVL 5). I don't know about anyone else, but the time between refreshing the DoT of Fire Ball and actually using it from this skill is actually a major dps loss. I believe increasing the chances of instant Fire Ball would help the wizard's utility when knowing how to use it in certain situations and would help dps greatly.

Fire Emblem: Increase the Magic Power buff from 10% to 15%(LVL 5), increase the damage DoT processed by this skill from 40% to 50%. This is mainly to help wizard's RNG for their DoTs. I absolutely hate it when my DoTs from skils like Fireflower just end up dealing such little damage when they are parried or reduced from debuffs. This will also help wizards to balance their dps when taking down targets instead of losing so much excessive damage from waiting for the DoT to process.

Seal Explosion: I ask so little for this skill but I want it to be used slightly more often. Reduce the cool down from 120 seconds to 80 seconds. I feel as if this skill can surely be more useful and help grant the wizard so much dps that it will make them a necessity for a dps class for raids. In conclusion, this will help with matching up with the amount of time it takes to reach 100 stacks of Pyromaniac charges and using Fire Explosion.

Firestarter(Fireflower): A slight upgrade for this skill is absolutely dire, since ranger autoattacks deal critical damage while wizard DoTs do not. Increase the damage over time from 15% to 20%(LVL 5), again this is like the ranger's auto attack but for wizards, since it doesn't deal critical damage, I think this slight damage increase will help the skill's RNG for initiating it. Thus dps stress is lessened.

Pyromaniac: Replace haste with critical increases. This is too obvious, when it comes to standard issue wizards, haste is almost useless. Replacing haste with critical would be a major stress reliever and would help in addition with critical DoTs processes from Fire Emblem and Fire Ball. In addition, the amount of charges/stacks built from Fire Bolt and Fire Ball should increase from 5~15 to 15~25, the amount of time it takes for us to build to 100 currently is just absurd and does not match up with the pointless cool down of Fire Explosion(10 Seconds).

Fire Explosion: When it comes to burst, this skill is your only pick, but there's a catch. It's animation delay is absolutely dreadful and comes out every 30 seconds or so from building pyromaniac charges, which is pretty long since Sorc's JT and Vspear bursts process in less than 15 seconds(vigor from gears). That said I believe increasing the damage of it from 110% to 150%(LVL 5) would help it greatly to make up for the damage loss from the animation delay. 

Feel free to critique and give me your opinions on what would be too much and what would help better to help a wizard's dps.

Edit: My intentions are for at least one of these ideas to be put in motion just to help the wizard's dps slightly, NOT all of them.

Edited by Yukyrie, 18 September 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#2 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

I agree that wizards really need a dps buff, we are only good at aoe and buffing INT now, our single target dps is mediorce (which is not good for a pure damage class).

Wizards need to be buffed to match rangers and melees' dps, especially taking into account the fact that it's impossible to stack wizards in raids due to us depending on 3 dots (rangers only have 1) and not being able to heal and res like sorcs.

As for replacing wizards, I don't think it will happen. Someone has to buff INT... (noels can't buff INT, they have a different buff for +matk/atk). Soulmaker might replace a healer and crescentia (probably the new top DPS)- a ranger (if there were 2 in the group) or a melee dps.

#3 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

Wizards have always been noted for their AoEs and RO 2 is no exception. Yet you want to make aoe stronger than single target DPS, what? Wizard still have superior AoE are useful for their party buff so your biased is really showing.

Stop caring so much about boss DPS meters when wizards still have their use.

Plus lol fireball, really? You PvP skills are gimped when you get that skill so why even mention that crap.

#4 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

So overall you just want more damage for your class due to fear that your class will be replaced in raids for one of the noel classes?

I don't know about that...

#5 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Wizards have always been noted for their AoEs and RO 2 is no exception. Yet you want to make aoe stronger than single target DPS, what? Wizard still have superior AoE are useful for their party buff so your biased is really showing.

Stop caring so much about boss DPS meters when wizards still have their use.

Plus lol fireball, really? You PvP skills are gimped when you get that skill so why even mention that crap.

You really need to wear contact lenses hank, because those glasses aren't working. 

I quote you "Wizards have always been noted for their AoE's" that's what their only good for that and dragonology. And if you've been reading carefully I said they should double ALL class AoE not just wizard.

When it comes to general dps, wizards have a hard time catching up with rangers and sorc dps. Even in PvP, people just KS a wizard's kill while they're just casting away, stressing to build their pyromaniac stacks to actually burst with fire explosion in time before you die.

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#6 Kytosai

Kytosai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationLaguana

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

I (sorta) main a wizard and, from what I've gathered from your post, you want to buff them. A lot. I enjoy playing a Wizard, and although there are times where I hate myself for not going opsorc sorcerer, I don't regret my choice to through fire at things. I do agree that the cooldown on seal explode is a bit excessive, but everything else would just make it the strongest rDPS by an insane amount.

#7 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

So overall you just want more damage for your class due to fear that your class will be replaced in raids for one of the noel classes?

I don't know about that...

I wish for a slightly more damage, so rest assured that I at least want one of these ideas to be put in place to help them. And not just from fear of replacement, this is in general when it comes to leveling, dungeoning and raids. if you get what I'm going at.

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#8 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

I (sorta) main a wizard and, from what I've gathered from your post, you want to buff them. A lot. I enjoy playing a Wizard, and although there are times where I hate myself for not going opsorc sorcerer, I don't regret my choice to through fire at things. I do agree that the cooldown on seal explode is a bit excessive, but everything else would just make it the strongest rDPS by an insane amount.

Like I said to Meconopsis, I would like one of these suggestions to be placed to help them slightly. Perhaps I should include that to help the viewers see that more @_@;;.

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#9 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:51 PM

You really need to wear contact lenses hank, because those glasses aren't working. 

I quote you "Wizards have always been noted for their AoE's" that's what their only good for that and dragonology. and if you've been reading carefuller I said they should double ALL class AoE not just wizard.

When it comes to general dps, wizards have a hard time catching up with rangers and sorc dps. Even in PvP, people just KS a wizard's kill while they're just casting away, stressing to build their pyromaniac stacks to actually burst with fire explosion in time before you die.

Yeah right. Dont use the excuse of buffing other classes AoE as a mean to double wizards. Wizard already has the highest damage aoe% yet you want to double it, you really need to learn how powerful stacking numbers is.

And i already said you dont need to worry about single target DPS, you still have single target burst which is how the class is balanced to others. I play a Knight i KS with weaker attacks than you do. So If you were smart you would understand wizard is about kiting and controlling space in PvP not damage.

#10 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Its best if wizard have fire, earth, water and electric spells. Currently wizards skills are mostly comprised of fire and only 1 water AOE skill, frost nova. They don't have any lightning AOE skills.

#11 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

Wizards will never be kicked out of raids, +10% INT buff is way too valuable, not only for Knight/Wars (most common tank/off-tank) but also for all healers, sorcs, as well as both Noels will be using INT.

Wizards weren't needed as much before because people had less gear, but as gear becomes better and better, +10% INT is way too good to pass out on.

Edited by mysticalre, 04 September 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#12 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Yeah right. Dont use the excuse of buffing other classes AoE as a mean to double wizards. Wizard already has the highest damage aoe% yet you want to double it, you really need to learn how powerful stacking numbers is.

And i already said you dont need to worry about single target DPS, you still have single target burst which is how the class is balanced to others. I play a Knight i KS with weaker attacks than you do. So If you were smart you would understand wizard is about kiting and controlling space in PvP not damage.

wut.

I think you're getting confused with sorcerers. And besides, if the AoE % is too high they could obviously lower it. Oh and I believe Ranger's AoE damage is the highest just to correct you.

Wizards will never be kicked out of raids, +10% INT buff is way too valuable, not only for Knight/Wars (most common tank/off-tank) but also for all healers, sorcs, as well as both Cres will be using INT.

Wizards weren't needed as much before because people had less gear, but as gear becomes better and better, +10% INT is way too good to pass out on.

I'm not as much fearing of being kicked out of raid, since I also see that we are still needed for dragonology, its more like we need a little push to keeping up dps with mostly rangers.

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 12:58 PM.

#13 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

Just give us Storm Gust, we aren't wizards without it. :p_err:

#14 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

This ^

I miss it ever so much. ;~;

#15 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

wut.

I think you're getting confused with sorcerers. And besides, if the AoE % is too high they could obviously lower it. Oh and I believe Ranger's AoE damage is the highest just to correct you.

I'm not as much fearing of being kicked out of raid, since I also see that we are still needed for dragonology, its more like we need a little push to keeping up dps with mostly rangers.

Your AoE has a 1 second cast time and ranger has 1.5. It's obvious your AoE DPS is higher, why are you obessed with single target burst damage? Wizard is more mobile than sorc plus wizard also has that explosion which makes up for your single target burst lacking is what i was getting at.

Teleportation

Levitation

Fire Flower

Frost nova

Your class is mobile l2p.

#16 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

Your AoE has a 1 second cast time and ranger has 1.5. It's obvious your AoE DPS is higher, why are you obessed with single target burst damage? Wizard is more mobile than sorc plus wizard also has that explosion which makes up for your single target burst lacking is what i was getting at.

Teleportation

Levitation

Fire Flower

Frost nova

Your class is mobile l2p.

I do know how to play my class thank you very much. But calm down hank!!

I may have probably over exaggerated from AoE damage being doubled, but just remember that I only mean for the AoE damage increase to be only meant for PvE, such as farming, and killing mobs much quicker, or killing adds quicker instead of single targeting them(which i seen most wizards do for some reason) 

In most case scenarios in colo, it's really hard for a wizard to build pyromaniac charges when they're constantly being attacked and killed before they even have a chance to use Fire Explosion, while on the sorc's side, whenever they die, they can burst Vspear when ever they want.

Don't get me wrong, I just want wizards to have a small buff up. I reedited for my incompetence.

#17 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:.

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

Fire Ball: Increase the magic damage from 56% to 65%(LVL 5), since this is ever so used to initiate and from Fire Ball Mastery proc. I think this buff up will help wizards catch up in dps when starting off and when avoiding or ice walling deadly raid boss skills.

Agree, can be improved a little.

Fire Emblem:  I absolutely hate it when my DoTs from skils like Fireflower just end up dealing such little damage when they are parried or reduced from debuffs. This will also help wizards to balance their dps when taking down targets instead of losing so much excessive damage from waiting for the DoT to process.

Are you serious? your DoT's is one of the most powerfull with ranger's DoT. Wizards are already getting too many kills by their DoT's (Colo), i would improve skills like Fireball to let you spam another button than just Fireflower. Your 15% is more than ok.

Seal Explosion: I ask so little for this skill but I want it to be used slightly more often. Reduce the cool down from 120 seconds to 60 seconds. I feel as if this skill can surely be more useful and help grant the wizard so much dps that it will make them a necessity for a dps class for raids. In conclusion, this will help with matching up with the amount of time it takes to reach 100 stacks of Pyromaniac charges and using Fire Explosion.

Agree, to 60 80 seconds.

Everything else is too much (Inferno, Meteor Storm, Pyromaniac, Fire Explosion) you're going to imbalance Wizards even more against the melee dps, using a pet like Embus of ruin + your skills should destroy every melee dps on Colo. If you want to state to fix something, state to fix the animation of every classes's skills (Ex: Shadow strike)

I've already seen Wizards botting on Road of blessings using AoE skills and changing seals to heal when needed, doubling their damage will be exploited.

Off-topic:

I'm considering start a topic to balance Assassin's, i'll think about it. :gg:

#18 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Agree, can be improved a little.

Are you serious? your DoT's is one of the most powerfull with ranger's DoT. Wizards are already getting too many kills by their DoT's (Colo), i would improve skills like Fireball to let you spam another button than just Fireflower. Your 15% is more than ok.

Agree, to 60 80 seconds.

Everything else is too much (Inferno, Meteor Storm, Pyromaniac, Fire Explosion) you're going to imbalance Wizards even more against the melee dps, using a pet like Embus of ruin + your skills should destroy every melee dps on Colo. If you want to state to fix something, state to fix the animation of every classes's skills (Ex: Shadow strike)

I've already seen Wizards botting on Road of blessings using AoE skills and changing seals to heal when needed, doubling their damage will be exploited.

Off-topic:

I'm considering start a topic to balance Assassin's, i'll think about it. :gg:

Reedited, you made some nice point outs, but remember that I want one of these suggestions to help them slightly in every aspect in the game(PvP and PvE).

About the Fire Emblem comment, this is just a slight dps improvement since Fire Emblem procs the DoT only when you use fire bolt and is a 30% chance, and Fireflower's slight damage increase only applies if all the other suggestions fail.

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 01:25 PM.

#19 VriskaTsubaki

VriskaTsubaki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • LocationNifflheim
  • Server:Odin (?)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

Srsly this? DoT's and a high burst damage... (The one that also stuns and deals like 7-8 explosions...) well In colo I got killed by that skill, was a OHKO... >__>, and yet you ask for Damage buff?... La gente es muy descarada. 

#20 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

Srsly this? DoT's and a high burst damage... (The one that also stuns and deals like 7-8 explosions...) well In colo I got killed by that skill, was a OHKO... >__>, and yet you ask for Damage buff?... La gente es muy descarada. 

Edit: My intentions are for at least one of these ideas to be put in motion just to help the wizard's dps slightly, NOT all of them.

Perhaps I should increase the size of that text so the viewers can see it better :x

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#21 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

I do know how to play my class thank you very much. But calm down hank!!

I may have probably over exaggerated from AoE damage being doubled, but just remember that I only mean for the AoE damage increase to be only meant for PvE, such as farming, and killing mobs much quicker, or killing adds quicker instead of single targeting them(which i seen most wizards do for some reason) 

In most case scenarios in colo, it's really hard for a wizard to build pyromaniac charges when they're constantly being attacked and killed before they even have a chance to use Fire Explosion, while on the sorc's side, whenever they die, they can burst Vspear when ever they want.

Don't get me wrong, I just want wizards to have a small buff up. I reedited for my incompetence.

I think it's that wizards lack of understanding thats the problem, but anyways. Wizard does need a JT like spell i think they have 2 freezes but no good wind spells? Makes no sense to me.

As for colo it depends on the match. Sometimes you are focused and sometimes you are not, this is not exclusive to wizard. And about Sorc thats the easy mode class(espically with embus of ruin)while wizard takes a lot of kiting and skill in order to win, everytime i see you win Colo im like "HAH" wizard won.

#22 JoshObra

JoshObra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Odin (SN: UrAwFuL)

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

Isn't it called Frost Nova? Well, I don't have it without compromising my other skills.

I went with the Wind + Fire Seal route because I change between seals wherever I see fit (Wind for killing ads fast and for Colosseum and Fire for DPSing raids). 

I'm actually thinking of resetting my skills to make my Fire Seal 1/5 and trade it off for Frost Diver (because Colosseum runners are the worst things ever and more ads, of course) and Teleport (no idea what else I'd put it on) once I get the guild skill to +10% ATK/MATK since its "kinda" like Fire Seal without the extra goodies. Just a food for thought, I'm still satisfied with my Ice Wall-less build. And yes, I've won Colosseum a bunch of times without it.

Edited by JoshObra, 04 September 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#23 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

Isn't it called Frost Nova? Well, I don't have it without compromising my other skills.

RO1 has a skill for wizards that's called Storm Gust, it deals damage constantly for a small time and then freezes all targets that are in it after it strikes them 3 times. It's what made wizards, wizards in that game. Meteor Storm for here is kinda doing the same(in terms of our class)... in a way.

Edited by Yukyrie, 04 September 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#24 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

Frost Nova is nowhere close. Storm Gust was the bread-and-butter Wizard skill in RO1, a sizable AoE skill that repeatedly damaged anyone in it for a heavy total damage, with a chance of turning them into ice cubes.

#25 Aleate

Aleate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Nice thread Yukyrie! Props =)

Sure Wizards have a really nice AoE but we are stunned for the cast time and the duration of the skill which really puts us in danger if there isn't an OT, and we're squishy enough.  Also, it's not like adds are out 100% of the time so DPS *is* still important for Wizards.

Pyromaniac is such a joke... especially when you compare it with Suffragium.  Same effect, except one needs to be charged and constantly recharged and one is an instant cast that lasts 30 minutes.  And let me say, Wizards need the Haste a lot more than Priests.

Seal Explosion does need a reduction in cooldown.  Two minutes cooldown is way too long, especially when there are other moves like Gangster's Paradise that not only heals more per tick and overall (compared to Water Emblem/Seal Explosion) but also has a third of the cooldown time.

I do admit Firestarter is quite decent as it is.  I've been skill glitched multiple times in Colo, but when I am, I always make it to R4 (only skill I can use is Firestarter).  But like Yukyrie mentioned, Firestarter can not compare with Ranger's Auto-attack and Poison Arrow.

Fire Explosion is so lolworthy.  Yes it is a burst (that requires 100 Pyromaniac charges), but the damage is so lacking that lesser geared DPS can do the same amount of damage during the skill's cast time.  Sorcerers can match that damage in an instant too.  Also, the stun is pretty awful.  The stun is 3 seconds, but the skill animation is so long, by the time we're out of it, there's only 0.5 seconds left of stun for us to take advantage of.  Yes it can one hit KO in Colo, but only with Fire Emblem Seal Explosion.  Problem is Wizards are huge targets in Colo (hence the class logo is a target), and we frequently DIE before we can charge enough Pyromaniac to even use Fire Explosion.

@Vau No Wizard in their right mind would get anything more than Level 1 Water Emblem.  It heals 1% HP/SP every 10 seconds.  Any healing we get is from Seal Explosion which has a two minute cooldown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users