Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Game Arena - Free Energy event ends
With the maintenance and patch, marks the end of the event. We hope you enjoyed it and will likely make use of this suggested event in the future again.

We did some close review over some of the combat systems as we are ensuring that combat is in fact working as intended, since Pegasus testing has some slight variances between the live server, we are trying to clear up. Some of the fixes contained in today's patch will impact game play and some are merely visual updates to how some mechanics were working to begin with.

Shields & Magic Tools
The block amount for physical and magical on these items have been updated, as they were previously set to  block double the listed amount, but we felt that was a little arbitrary, so the 'doubled' amount has been updated to be the true amount displayed. It will make it appear as if the block amounts were 'doubled' when this was actually how the mechanic has been working from the start.

Old Skill Books
I know many of you may want to have held on to these items for nostalgic reasons, but unfortunately, we need to clean house to prevent some confusion. The old skill books that one used to purchase in order to learn class skills, are being removed from game play. You will be compensated the zulie amount listed, in full, for each skill book that is removed.

Bug Fixes

• Corrected Mystic Deviation to utilize DEX instead of INT, as intended.
  • Corrected issues with block rate calculations (display was correct, mechanics were not)
  • Corrected issue with block amount bonuses being applied to defenses.
    • The defense of Offhand equipment was not intended to lend their defense values to the damage reduction formula, to further reduce damage beyond a successful block.
  • Corrected issue with physical block amount being less effective against physical skill damage.
    • This would be why some skills were not reducing damage correctly, when blocked against a physical attack. This would dramatically affect Magic Tool users, as their physical block rate was already low and should now return to the intended normal, which would effectively double the block amount, now that it is fixed.
  • Corrected clan mark display appearing over objects.
  • Corrected issue with lingering skill effects causing client to crash.
    • After much investigation, this was the reported #1 crash issue for the Game Arena modes. If there are additional crashes, please report them so we can continue investigations, but we expect there to be far less crashes experienced from all game play, including Game Arena modes.
  • Corrected issue with damage absorption skills not healing caster.

#2 Cristal

Cristal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Does it include the dance skill book?

#3 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Does it include the dance skill book?

Just the class skills, skill books. :)

#4 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

how about the death bug.. where you can still see the person standing or walking even though he is already dead.. very annoying in cd... I saw it happen to the crystal in cd too

#5 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

Zombie thingy for ze luls

#6 TheThinker

TheThinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Locationinside your brain
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

How much zulie we got from that Compensation?

#7 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

I loved those skill books! D:

shame, but hey, opens doors for other things. lol

#8 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

How much zulie we got from that Compensation?

It will depend on their original pricing, but it will be returned in full amount. So even if you had bought many at a discount, you will get the full base amount it was valued at.

#9 neamed

neamed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

any clue when the servers will be online again?

#10 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

they are up now however there is an announcement stating there not fully ready and to expect to be dc at any moment so if ur just wanting to jump on n checkout some stuff now should be fine but if you wanna setup shop and go lvl ect might wanna wait till the devs give the all clear :D

#11 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

Servers are up. Please report any crashes or problems you may encounter so we can act upon them as quickly as possible. Thank you.

#12 siamore

siamore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:16 AM

hi i got bound 10% attack speed, crit, weighz training when i played for like a half year ago those books wernt account bound so i sold them to get zulies... but now i got no clue what to do with them, the support isnt really helpful at all.

Edited by siamore, 11 September 2013 - 03:20 AM.

#13 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

can you lift the "account bound of items" since you solved the duping and stuff~ i wannnaaa reroll!!!

#14 shinjr99

shinjr99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationFremont, California

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

Still getting hit by monsters that have been defeated with no hp, They stick around on the field when you beat them.  Will this issue be fixed

#15 jaysonGNoMan

jaysonGNoMan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

Just the class skills, skill books. :)

is this already fixed? or not yet? because we our free reset in skill and stat are already gone.

#16 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:12 PM

A long time ago, in order to learn a skill, you had to purchase the skill book, even though the skill was listed in your skill tree. We had removed the need for those skill books, because it was confusing, a hassle and unintuitive, to game play. Skill books that are still being used, such as unique skills or skills purchased from the Item Mall, will remain.

The monsters remaining after death (zombies as it seems to be getting called) is being fixed. If the final blow is a basic attack, is what causes the zombie instance to occur. We managed to fix all the occurrences of this happening from skill blows.

#17 ryancmt

ryancmt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

There's one thing that I've been noticing and a couple people on forums mentioned it as well. I notice that there are so many scouts changing from bow > xbow(probably due to the fact of having more def)

I don't see a lot of bow scouts anymore, and I was wondering if it is possible for bow scouts to have a dodge passive(??? dodge per ??? dex) as well. That'd balance the extra def that xbow scouts are getting.

Just a suggestion.

#18 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

There's one thing that I've been noticing and a couple people on forums mentioned it as well. I notice that there are so many scouts changing from bow > xbow(probably due to the fact of having more def)

I don't see a lot of bow scouts anymore, and I was wondering if it is possible for bow scouts to have a dodge passive(??? dodge per ??? dex) as well. That'd balance the extra def that xbow scouts are getting.

Just a suggestion.

I appreciate the suggestion. :) There's a lot of potential with the use of Unique skills we're still working on, to provide through perhaps special quests, if not just to add more to other dungeons and rewards. So, ideas like this can help us know what kind of skills would be desired to have in addition to what's already put in place, that wasn't already planned.

#19 TheThinker

TheThinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • Locationinside your brain

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:24 PM

I love the free energy event coz it will reduce the honor gear price its briliant idea, and remove the account bound item. I hope you guys stick with that free energy, supply and demand

#20 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

for me it looks like  the zombie instance still be to occur

#21 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

for me it looks like  the zombie instance still be to occur

Occurs from basic attacks being the final blow, it will be getting fixed. :) Most other causes were already addressed, this one was a little trickier to fix.

#22 Nifa

Nifa

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Physical block for magic tool is still pretty useless. Tested in pvp against katars, axe, both fully buffed. I saw two blocks from axe leap attack and none from katars. It almost seems as though physical block can't really block normal melee attacks. Partially blocked attacks were also eh. I don't think I survived much longer with the passives as without. Haven't tested against a mage, but with all the tool passives, I was blocking quite a lot against a fully buffed cleric. Physical block was about 870, magical about 1960, block rate 76%. Since clerics will mainly want physical block, magic tool is still pretty meh.

Edited by Nifa, 13 September 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#23 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Forgot to mention it, but there's a irratating bug around storage that when you go to Storage you get stuck, or you can't go to storage. I don't know how to explain it better but it's really laggy and sometimes you have to tab so you walk instead of run to get it. That's the case to a few NPC's too, I'm aware of that because it's always been the case, but you shouldn't need to run away and then walk to storage to be able to leave it and then be stuck there a few seconds :x

Also tried to check if it was only my computer doing it, but I actually tried on several computers, that aren't even mine / asked people if they were experiencing the same issues. Now this isn't a big of a deal of course, but it's still annoying. First time purchasing storage scrolls ever =o=... 

#24 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

It does that because the storage npc is a 'solid' object now. And the reason that was changed was to prevent people in mounts/carts/castle gear from standing on top of the npc. I don't really think it's any better to be honest.

#25 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Ah icic. Well, in my opinion the whole mount thing etc didn't happen too often. It's annoying to the point where you get stuck and have to character select to get back or use a scroll. It's very annoying and it makes me want to purchase the storage scrolls which shouldn't be the case if I'm 10 meters away from storage :/ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users