Almost every time I open RO, it starts updates from 4-2011? - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Almost every time I open RO, it starts updates from 4-2011?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Shawl

Shawl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

it seems to happen atleast once every two days if not more, I run as admin when I update.. moved to C:\Ragnarok and still it does it!

How do I fix this is? is it common? a workaround?

Its becoming very very annoying to have to wait for 2+ years of updates whenver I want to play.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

I don't know what causes this problem to occur, but you can work around it by creating daily backups of the files patch.inf and cpatch.inf (which are located in the client folder) and then restoring the backups whenever the updater attempts to install updates from 2011.

The following backup software seems suited for the job:

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

The Patch.inf is corrupted somehow. The easiest way to fix this is to reinstall the game. Then run the patcher as an admin.

#4 Shawl

Shawl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

i tried that several times, even redownloaded it so we could know that wasnt the problem. I reinstalled to C:/Ragnarok replaced the patch.ini files after it did its 2011 update then via admin and it *Seems* to be fixed for now.. thanks everyone

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

The Patch.inf is corrupted somehow. The easiest way to fix this is to reinstall the game. Then run the patcher as an admin.

The problem is that for some users, patch.inf gets corrupted very frequently, so they'd be reinstalling several times a week. 

It's not clear (to me at least) what causes it, but under certain circumstances patch.inf gets set to 0, causing the client to try to apply every available patch (which happens to start at 2011-4). This never happens on some systems, and happens very frequently on others. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users