[Suggestion] Nerf pet stuns on bosses - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Suggestion] Nerf pet stuns on bosses

6 replies to this topic

#1 xxalucard

xxalucard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 247 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Pets should not be able to CC bosses

By "CC" I mean "Crowd Control", a term that refers to stuns, freezes, knockdowns, silences-- major status effects that normally cannot affect bosses (through player actions).

The abuse of cycling through certain pets (eremes, executer undead, inverse) will lead the majority of current and future raid bosses into revolving around the same pet strategy.  If everyone in a raid has eremes the fight can be more or less avoided completely through constant stuns.  Especially with the new pet cooldowns it won't take much coordination to throw a bunch of stun pets at the boss; each raid member alternates throwing one out every 10-15 seconds and you can kill the boss while he's infinitely unable to fight back. 

CC pets also lead to problems with bosses.  Stunning Eremes himself can affect when/if he even summons the tornado (once I had two tornados on me, another time I had none)-- and stunning some bosses like Ratmaster can really glitch him out where his AoE's become completely unreadable and he himself becomes visually bugged so that melees find it impossible to hit him.

#2 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

I totally agree.

Also, freeze pets working on bosses make sorc dps OP (and they can even do more damage than rangers, and also res, heal and deluge)

Edited by elvenne, 16 September 2013 - 07:45 AM.

#3 aldobasso

aldobasso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

+1

#4 ZhaoYun75

ZhaoYun75

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

If you want to do that, then you might as well add the fact that pets should be taken out of colo. Pets are there to make things easier, no one said you have to use them to win. Just like no one said you have to buy p2w buffs to do harder things, it just makes it easier. Using pets on raids, is up to the memebers in the raid. If they glitch it to the point were it becomes unreadable is on them not the pets.

#5 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Just like no one said you have to buy p2w buffs to do harder things, it just makes it easier. Using pets on raids, is up to the memebers in the raid.

There's a difference in making things easier vs. doing almost nothing at all to clear the hardest content in the game.

For example, the additional pet DPS "makes things easier." The pet stuns make you do nothing at all.

#6 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:07 AM

I like how this description ends on how stunning can bug the bosses. heh.

Anyways +1 but sadly, might as well take them out since there's no point in stunning any other mobs other than bosses. However, after countless hours of farming for those that acquired Eremes legitly will not be happy about this.

But eh, welcome to -_-ty mechanics.

#7 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

well, I don't think it's such a bad thing to keep the stun effect in RHDs and world bosses (3-4 star bosses). It would let people have an easier time farming and still be rewarded for having a useful stun pet

If raid bosses (5 star bosses) were unaffected by stuns, roots, and slows there are still really really useful ways of using pets. Rotating DEF buff/STR debuff pets to survive strong AoEs, or STR buff pets to meet enrage timers for example. Another example is using AoE pets to help clear dungeon mobs or boss summons.

hell, if there are a lot of boss summons have a lot of HP and your group is feeling lazy or can't meet enrage timers, you can even perma root them.

Just as an example, here are 3-4 sets of summoned adds (Maya Purple's Andres: there's like ~10 or something) that are just perma-rooted, to the point where you can basically ignore them and focus boss. Even perma-rooting adds like this is questionable, but it's still not the biggest problem.

Spoiler

AoE pet damage (note: this is a level 1 pet without my doping buff (+30% ATK). Imagine levels 2-4...):

Spoiler

As for colosseum, I think they should play around with the same idea. If they're against disabling pets altogether in colo, then maybe just nerf the stuns and roots, but still allow the pets to do damage. Though they do really high damage at lvl 2-4, I would say it still benefits melees (especially tanks) to have that extra DPS.

edit TL;DR: nerf stuns on end-game bosses and players in colo, even then pets are op but it wouldn't be a complete walk in the park like it is now

Edited by mysticalre, 16 September 2013 - 11:59 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users