Add more useful commandos / shortcuts? - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Add more useful commandos / shortcuts?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

For those whom have been around, Rescudo's ROSE Essentials isn't anything new.

But since he's not around anymore, I'm wonderng if there can't be some more commandos / shortcuts added into game?
Rescudo has proven that this is possible, and I think most of them are quite useful.

Example of what I would like to get added:

Ignore Feature

/reload - Reads the ignore list from disk again (useful for dual clienters).
/showlist - Prints a list of all characters in your ignore list.

/reset ignore - Clears your ignore list.

So far we got the /ignore <username> function, as well as the /unignore <username> function, but as far as I know, there's no way to access your ignore list? Or reset it fully? 

This would be useful because I tend to ignore people quite often when I don't want to be disturbed, haha!

Shop Tagging
"RRE marks all viewed shops with a distinct color, so that you don't end up looking at the same shop dozens of times. Shops of particular interest can be highlighted with a special color.
This feature can be enabled and disabled by typing /set ShopTagging [on|off]."

/tag [character name] - highlights the shop belonging to the specified character.

/untag - untags the specified shop.

/unview [character name] - marks the shop belonging to the specified character as unviewed.

/reset shops - marks all shops as unviewed.

Note that: None of these exist in game, and I remember that they were very useful. 

Informational

/about - Displays brief information about the application.

/time - Prints your local system time.

The second one would be very useful for EU players because we have to check up and compare the time everytime.
I live in Sweden (EU) so the clock is completely different, ex: 6 PM for us is 18:00, and there's just so much to keep track on.
The reason why this would be useful is because we could figure out what time the stream gets on etc, quicker! 
And not only for EU users of course, everyone that's in a different timezone, it was just an example!

System Enhancement

/set lockskillbar [on|off] - when turned on, you cannot make changes to the skillbar, avoiding accidents during heated moments.

/set shopnames [on|off] - when turned on, personal shop names are hidden for better visibility.

/set wasd [on|off] - when turned on and in Enter Chat Mode, your character can be moved using the WASD keys.

/set notifications [on|off] - when turned on, the client window will flash upon certain events occurring, such as someone whispering you. (This function is kind of available already, the Rose window gets yellow ... recent change?)

/set infoboxopacitypercent [percentage] - changes the opacity of the info box (drop names, item descriptions, etc). (Pherhaps not as a command or shortcut, but it would be awesome to have as an option, pherhaps by adding a setting window for the UI opacity, some people would like to have the chat window darker, whilst others want it to be completely transparent, the options here would make the game UI more versatile!) Which got me to the idea of actually adding more colors on the UI so you can costumize a theme, but this is pherhaps a lot of work, I'm not well informed of how the recoloring of the UI works) 

/follow [character name] - makes your character follow behind another. Disable with the /stop command.

/goto [character name] - makes your character walk over to the specified character.

/respawn - allows you to resurrect even if you are under the effects of the 'death glitch' or the 'HP glitch'.

/invite [character name] - sends the specified player a party invite, even if they are not in sight. - This would be great if someone dcs from the party you're in, or when you have to invite someone whilst you're in Ruins. It's very annoying to have to drive (often since it's a noob) all the way outside ruins just to invite a party member. The other /clan leave commandos etc. work in PvP zones, as should the invite options. Would save a lot of time, a lot of noobs die during the inviting journey because of higher level players killing them too!

/forward [name] - forwards all whispers to the specified character, and sends its replies back. Useful for dual clienters.

/unforward - stops forwarding whispers

/riderequest [character name] - sends a ride request to the specified character. - This is useful if you are a class with very many skills and don't want to hold in alt+1 when you want to find the cart skill or go through the skills to find it... anyway, just more simple you get it!

/add [amount] [stat] (for instance, /add 100 dex) - provides a fast way to increment base stats. Use at your own risk! - I am aware of that the stat system will be upgraded in a soon future, but this is just sosososo tempting and useful so I wrote it in red because who likes the stat clicking ...

/r [message] - whispers back to the last person who whispered you. <- Again very useful. There's people with crazy long usernames (longer than what you're able to have as well) and you have to count the amount of i's and o's and a's... you get it =_=  Otherwise, a right click function! Target a person, right click and choose the option whisper!
But if they're in distance, this function would again, be very useful.

/hide and /show - hides/shows various items ingame. - Good for people with lag if it's possible. Many Rose users use old computers and have to run in the lowest graphics.

/hide self - makes your character completely invisible until /show self is entered, or the client is restarted. - This is useful and should only be on client side of course because otherwise it would be a stealth advantage.. :ph34r:
But the reason I , personally would love this is because I enjoy recording game play. This would expand the options in so many ways, for example, you could record from all angles without being visable, if you climb up somewhere high, and record, no one would see you in the picture. Just would be so very great for endings in a Rose video or introductions... think about it ;)

/hide shopnames - removes personal shop names until /show shopnames is entered.

/exit - gracefully terminates the game client.

The reason why I posted this as a proposal is because everyone doesn't want to install things, or get how it's working.
H/o his program gives me an error for some reason, and it used to work perfectly fine :/ 

I'm not sure if it's due to him not updating it, or if it's my computer or what it is.. I tried on two different ones :(

But also because these features are so simple yet makes the gameplay so much better, there's just tons of more things that can get added in commands and shortcuts. But these are the useful one.

Being able to add the whole thing into the game would be amazing to be honest, but this would work perfectly fine for now.

For those whom haven't seen Rescudos ROSE program, here's his post.

These things are ripped of his program/plugin fully.

---

And some other things that could be fun to have:

/playtime - Show how long you've played on the character you're online on! (since you started!) so if you have a noob, you might have played 10 minutes whilst your "main" character is ... years O_O

/Joke- Many games have this feature. Your character tells a joke, but this would take some time to work on, you'd have to separate the jokes from each class, so it fits each character in it's own way. :ok:

Another cool thing you could add, if possible, is to have the characters say the joke instead of it being typed out. Finding cheap voiceactors isn't hard, unless the devs themselves feel brave enough for the work!

Suggestions of jokes from @Castanho

Spoiler

If this will be done in game, there's a Rose online "joke thread" here.

/Dance - Adds a unique dance to each class. You would have to finish all the job quests to recieve it and it doesn't stop til you decide to move or someone stuns you / you write /stop dance . The reason this would be fun and useful is - we get more dances, each dance is unique to the class you're playing and ... you don't have to use the scrolls over and over.

Keep the scrolls in game so you can have the same dances as everyone else too, of course.
I get that it's hard to add dances to the game because of copyright rules but I think this is something that can be done in the future. I know more people would dance if it was added! Just a fun tool.

/kick command, used for; The animated skills that are just for fun. Ex. kick, clap, etc! Once again, skills take up much skillbar space, food, carts, cgs... etc! Having keybinding for each skill would be fun.
We've seen this be done before, since the character laughs when you write "lol" so this shouldn't be impossible.

And more to come.... :waddle: I had it written down somewhere.... on some paper... whilst discussing Rose with some friend. I just cannot remember what more there was to it. To be continued...

Edited by Zurn, 18 September 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#2 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:15 AM

Also the /follow

Common, we all know everyone play as multiple clients, so do it!

#3 koqoK

koqoK

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationKosovo
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:28 AM

Also it would be great if there would be a grade as rose polices or something like that ,which they would be able to have the command /kick <username> or something similar and they could kick zulie sellers also botters ,this title maybe would fit to trusted members ,maybe like bendersmom,feur etc

#4 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

These are all good suggestions, I miss the /follow command. In case you were wondering though, you can access your ignore list in the Gravity>Rose Online folder.

#5 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

That would be nifty. :ok:

#6 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

Also the /follow

Common, we all know everyone play as multiple clients, so do it!

Oh my bad, I thought I added the follow parts!
I'm not fully done with the suggestions here, I got tons of more i think can be useful to get added into the game :)

Also it would be great if there would be a grade as rose polices or something like that ,which they would be able to have the command /kick <username> or something similar and they could kick zulie sellers also botters ,this title maybe would fit to trusted members ,maybe like bendersmom,feur etc

In my opinion, those features would be missused in the way that players always dislike someone, no matter how good they are in person, generous or old players, as long as they're only players they shouldn't have "kick" functions, I get your idea though it's great. But pherhaps a report button in game to report zullie sellers, so it could pop up for a CM or GM when they're online / get transported to the ticket system when it gets reported :ok:

These are all good suggestions, I miss the /follow command. In case you were wondering though, you can access your ignore list in the Gravity>Rose Online folder.

Thanks! Useful, but would be nice in game as well!

#7 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Bumped with System Enchancements and edited a bit how I find it more resonable, since I think a few features should be added in a different way. Take a look if you feel like it :)
Edit: bumped a few "new" ideas.

Edited by DigitalKitten, 18 September 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#8 EveryBodysHatin

EveryBodysHatin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Location저희 집 ♕ Occupation: 학생
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

looks interesting :D

#9 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

For the jokes;

Bourgeois; - You look fatty, similiar to my cannon balls. :o

Artisan; I would craft a cupcake for you. :9

Mage; OZ? Oh yeah, I've teached him some lessons.

Cleric; If you're a pokemon, I would catch you as my summon :3

Knight; I can't tank your love *-*

Champion; We are the champions, we are the champions.. No? It's only me? :(

Raider: The Flash??? A turtle you mean? xD

Scout: Legolas? Who's Legolas, a beginner? 8)

:heh:  :heh:  :heh:

OBS: Feel free and I'm gonna thank you so much if you correct my english and teach me the right.

Edited by Castanho, 18 September 2013 - 12:51 PM.

#10 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

For the jokes;

Bourgeois; - You look fatty, similiar to my cannon balls. :o

Mage; OZ? Oh yeah, I've teached him some lessons.

OBS: Feel free and I'm gonna thank you so much if you correct my english and teach me the right.

Hehe I'll take these as examples and add it to a spoiler thanks.
Your english works perfectly fine! This is my third language, and as long as I can understand you I don't see the problem :ok: Thanks!

#11 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:18 PM

For the jokes;

Bourgeois; - You look fatty fat, similiar similar to my cannon balls. :o

Mage; OZ? Oh yeah, I've teached taught him some lessons.

Well, if you insist, I'll go grammar -_- on you~

Aside from those, there's nothing wrong with your English. 

Oh lol they censored n4zi. Good to know.

Edited by jerremy, 18 September 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#12 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:22 PM

Ty guys  :p_love:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users