Minimap, World Map & some Item Icons missing graphics - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Minimap, World Map & some Item Icons missing graphics

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hardware: 

refurbished HP laptop (specific model ID unavailable)
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz
HDD: 80 gig
Graphics: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (primary)
Activated (graphics) driver: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.21.14-4

Operating System:

Solyd K (Debian) Linux

Program support: 

Wine Windows Program Loader 1.4.1

--

Synopsis:

> My mini-map does not show any background, only markers for other players and NPCs.

> My world map only shows a black background with an icon that presumably indicates some sort of error?

> Some of the items in my inventory do not have graphics associated with them, and I can only identify them by their quantity number, or when I mouseover them for their name.  When I first started playing (very recently), I could not find the beginners' arrows or launcher ammo because I didn't even know the vendor sold them (couldn't see them, even though they are there on mouseover).

I've had no other issues with the game, other than the system confusing my dealer with my hawker (which has been submitted in a ticket), and I find the game quite fascinating and well-done.  The game, itself, runs beautifully.

Is there a way to fix the missing graphics via the SevenHearts.ini file?  That post was the closest I could find in relation to my issue.  However, I did not feel it directly addressed it, either.

--

zl92eo.jpg6itstc.jpg2wrqd6t.jpg

As you can also see (by the image from Breezy Hills), some of the minimaps load, but most do not (particularly Zant or Junon... and I've only explored so far, so I don't know how many maps load versus how many do not.

Edited by Clockwyrk, 18 September 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#2 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Wine and Cedega have always had issues rendering the game correctly, and since we only provide support for native Windows, it's unlikely that fixes for those issues will ever come around.

#3 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

I see.  Well... if you know why Wine doesn't render all of the graphics (and it seems odd that it's only some and not all), perhaps I can poke at the libraries and dependencies, and see about doing my own troubleshooting?

i.e. - what is the difference in the filetype of the graphics that show, versus the graphics that do not?

Edited by Clockwyrk, 18 September 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#4 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

Sprites in the engine are typically rendered using these Win32 and DX9 structures and functions:

RECT

D3DXVECTOR3
D3DCOLOR_RGBA
LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9
ID3DXSprite::Draw(LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 pTexture, CONST RECT *pSrcRect, CONST D3DXVECTOR3 *pCenter, CONST D3DXVECTOR3 *pPosition, D3DCOLOR Color)

Texture formats:

Minimap arrow is TGA

Minimaps are DDS - X1R5G5B5, R5G6B5, R8G8B8

Window widget sprites are DDS - A8R8G8B8, A4R4G4B4

World maps are DDS - X1R5G5B5, A1R5G5B5

Item icon sheets are DDS - X1R5G5B5, A1R5G5B5, R5G6B5, A4R4G4B4

Item gem sprites are DDS - DXT1

Skill icon sheets are DDS - R5G6B5

Looking at your screenshots, the main format you seem to have having issues rendering is DDS-X1R5G5B5.

Edited by Genesis, 19 September 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#5 Clockwyrk

Clockwyrk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Thank you.  I will see what I can do with this information. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users