What are the most botted maps? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What are the most botted maps?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 fiolina

fiolina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hello! 

Here's what I'd like to know from you guys:

• What maps do you avoid because of bots?
  • What alternative maps are you forced to use because of heavy bot infestations?
  • What are they are farming?
  • Have you noticed any specific behaviors exhibited by botters in these areas? (Example: They all have a certain kind of hair)

Rachel and I are looking to collect information on some of the heavily botted maps in Ragnarok Online. We intend to use this information to devise ways of combating botters in areas that have become the most infested with zeny farmers similar to the way we currently fight spammers in Prontera. Any other information you would like to provide would be extremely helpful, no matter how minor the detail you think it might be.

For those who might not already know me, my name is Colin. I am known as 'Army of One' in-game, and I help Rachel with Ragnastats and BotSpot.

Thank you in advance on behalf of BotSpot and Ragnastats!

Edited by fiolina, 30 September 2013 - 05:38 PM.

#2 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

2 maps east of comodo.  These appear to all be farming for aloe leaves.

Since the mob density is pretty high, i just wing around to kill things when i'm grinding here.

East of payon, appears to be farming for strawberries.

I just avoid this map and level off hornets starting out.

2 maps west of geffen.  All farming sky petites, possibly for khukris and dragon parts which all npc for a decent amount.

I don't think anyone would actually actively level here, as other maps offer more mob density for its level range.

Payon cave level 2.

I avoid this map not because of the bots, but because of how horrible this map is.

When ever theres a wave of bot bans, it seems that a ton of bots that gets created all funnel through to payon cave level 1 to level up.

#3 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

Yuno_fild11  1 n 2 west from al de baran.  Bots come here frequently.  They all seem to be farming for blue herbs from the goats.

Geffen dungeon level 1, high level rogue bots typically come here to farm for poison spores.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

So do you do this as a side project to practice scripting/some other learning experience? If you do that's pretty awesome.

#5 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

There is always alot of bots in Geffen town, saved at east Geffen Kafra. Rogue bots go to the left to Geffen Dungeon and hunt Hunter Flies there, others go to the right, probably to the Poison Spores map.

Pyramid 2F and Payon Cave 2 - always lots of bots farming AS cards.

East of Payon - bots farming strawberries.

I have also noticed that thief bots (probably the ones rebuilding after being banned?) usually go in a party together. Some of the strawberries bots also were in one guild.

I'm pretty sure I've seen more, I just can't remember them right now. -_- I'll post some more later.

#6 fiolina

fiolina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

So do you do this as a side project to practice scripting/some other learning experience? If you do that's pretty awesome.

Rachel and I are both software developers working for different companies. We love our work, and we love Ragnarok, so we enjoy doing this kind of stuff quite a bit!

Edited by fiolina, 30 September 2013 - 11:35 AM.

#7 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

Bathory map, always flooded with bots

#8 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Veins Field 03 - 3rd class bots

Juno field 06 - Rogue bots?

Louyang dungeon 03 I went there one time to see 3rd class assasin bots

Izlude dungeon always has bots

Prontera: Down one map, Left one map, and south part of that map.  I remember seeing rogue bots walking a path

down there.

Unless someone takes the time to report every single bot.  These bots will most likely keep doing what they are doing.  That or their brothers and sisters will continue where they left off.

Edited by duckmanneo, 30 September 2013 - 12:31 PM.

#9 fiolina

fiolina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Veins Field 03 - 3rd class bots

Juno field 06 - Rogue bots?

Louyang dungeon 03 I went there one time to see 3rd class assasin bots

Izlude dungeon always has bots

Prontera: Down one map, Left one map, and south part of that map.  I remember seeing rogue bots walking a path

down there.

Unless someone takes the time to report every single bot.  These bots will most likely keep doing what they are doing.  That or their brothers and sisters will continue where they left off.

We have some strategies to combat bots that we're not quite ready to talk about yet. Wouldn't want anyone to get wise to our tricks before they exist.

#10 rinlen02

rinlen02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationThe U.S. State with the King's Guard
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

Pyramid 3F - You can't move at all without seeing bots trying to farm immortal hearts

#11 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Two north, one west from Aldebaran, lots of bots out there.  They're probably farming the same thing I go out there for, Mastelas, WoVs, and Blue Herbs.

#12 Jarekulu

Jarekulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Map north of geffen, tons of rogue bots, probably stem farming

Low TI Map.  There's greed bots everywhere that just walk around and greed everything. (which is really frustrating when im trying to pick up loot to get to a ygg seed and a greed bot walks by and jsut grabs everything)

#13 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Ant hell, full of bots and AFK-chemist.

#14 Ptesticles

Ptesticles

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Map north of geffen, tons of rogue bots, probably stem farming

Low TI Map.  There's greed bots everywhere that just walk around and greed everything. (which is really frustrating when im trying to pick up loot to get to a ygg seed and a greed bot walks by and jsut grabs everything)

First time I hear this, wow... I guess I am not suprized since WOE also has those infestations as well.

#15 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

have fun hunting your own woe supplies (ie: straws, yggs, herbs, etc) and also things like maneaters, stems, poison spores. no human in their right mind would farm 30k+ of these things. in the off chance that a handful of people do hunt these things, of course it will lead to super inflation. then you guys will all complain about 20k strawberries and 200k ygg seeds and 10k stems.

#16 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

nabb all those little thief bots coming in and out of the pyramid... think theyre all farming immortal hearts inside... (i was in nightmare pyramid so im not sure what floor but you can see em wander in on the main floor all heading the same place)

#17 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

have fun hunting your own woe supplies (ie: straws, yggs, herbs, etc) and also things like maneaters, stems, poison spores. no human in their right mind would farm 30k+ of these things. in the off chance that a handful of people do hunt these things, of course it will lead to super inflation. then you guys will all complain about 20k strawberries and 200k ygg seeds and 10k stems.

I manually farm these things for my personal use when I have spare time.  I wouldn't mind farming them for other people as well, in return for a small fee (10k/hr, I don't use much in the way of supplies so you're basically just paying for labor).  The only real downside is that, since I usually farm without VIP or gum, you'll have to wait a bit longer to get the full amount you need, or else settle for smaller stacks.

Also I can see this becoming a thing that enterprising new players can do to get themselves on their feet, just taking some time off from leveling here and there to farm utility items.  Would some fellow veterans be willing to help me compile a list of commonly used items that beginners could easily acquire?

Just, y'know, letting people know there are legitimate alternatives to bot farms...

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:02 PM

I manually farm these things for my personal use when I have spare time.  I wouldn't mind farming them for other people as well, in return for a small fee (10k/hr, I don't use much in the way of supplies so you're basically just paying for labor).  The only real downside is that, since I usually farm without VIP or gum, you'll have to wait a bit longer to get the full amount you need, or else settle for smaller stacks.

Also I can see this becoming a thing that enterprising new players can do to get themselves on their feet, just taking some time off from leveling here and there to farm utility items.  Would some fellow veterans be willing to help me compile a list of commonly used items that beginners could easily acquire?

Just, y'know, letting people know there are legitimate alternatives to bot farms...

i like this idea as a way of helping new players get some sort of financial stability... i personally buy items from my guildies to help me farm stuff i need and to help them get some zeny... 

P.S. Bot Spot seems to be running a little slower than the bots are right now... ive watched them try to nab the same 2 or 3 bots and fail each time... you may want to look into them... the warpportal doesnt seem to be opening fast enough... (btw i love watching them work lol)

#19 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

So how many bots are you running, eh?

Screw the whole "We need bots mentality". Straws will never be over 5k each, you can get blue potions easier. So what, people shouldn't make good money off of farming?

Meh.....

#20 Jarekulu

Jarekulu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

Id love to be able to do that. I've been trying to get on my feet for 2 weeks now xD. But there's just so many bots to compete with (Bathories, Verits were the main places i was trying)

#21 T3chnowitch

T3chnowitch

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts
  • LocationNiffelheim

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:57 PM

Id love to be able to do that. I've been trying to get on my feet for 2 weeks now xD. But there's just so many bots to compete with (Bathories, Verits were the main places i was trying)

I actually have several maps that I like to go to in order to farm items that turn a decent profit for minimal effort.  I could PM you the locations and the items to watch out for, or if you're able to log in tomorrow evening I could take you there personally.  I do have to compete with bots, but fortunately the maps I go to are spacious enough and with a decent enough spawn rate that those bots are only a minor annoyance.

#22 Ali0510

Ali0510

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationAussieLand
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:01 PM

Right of payon is always swarming with bots, I have screenies but most of them have character names, so I won't post this on the forums.

#23 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

So how many bots are you running, eh?

Screw the whole "We need bots mentality". Straws will never be over 5k each, you can get blue potions easier. So what, people shouldn't make good money off of farming?

Meh.....

i'm a legit player that recognizes that many items are botted and that many legit players like myself buy items that are botted. maybe some are just oblivious to the fact that they are buying from bots or are just in denial that they're buying from bots.

where do blue pots come from? blue herbs? guess what, that's also a botted item. i only used straw as an example. FYI, straws are already 4k right now, so they would easily go over 5k.

IMO, the WPS token system needs to be updated by adding more items to Farrah and changing the prices to make more sense.

Edited by huad, 30 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#24 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

The main problem with bots and the bot economy is that the majority of the player base are at a point where they would have no benefit from farming low-end materials that would probably only generate them 200k to 400k zeny per hour.

On top of that, there is no suitable mobs at high levels that would drop similar items that mid and high level players can even farm that would generate them an adequate amount of profit.

The main issue here is that there needs to be an incentive for players to actually want to farm for things.  Hence why i think the mass release of heroic backpacks is a good thing as it would make looting less tedious.  The next part we need is lvl 90+ monsters that bots can't easily mass farm but normal players can farm while they're leveling up.  These steps are needed to even remotely begin the process of weening players off the bot economy.

That along with a continuous watching for bots and banning them to slowly starve out their profits.  I'd even go so far as to say purposely nerf the drop rates on high desnity bot maps and shift the zeny values of item drops to make higher level monsters drop more expensive stuff, and low level monsters drop cheaper stuff.  Sort of like the jellopy->scell->zargon path for generic monster loot.

#25 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hello! 

Here's what I'd like to know from you guys:

• What maps do you avoid because of bots?
  • What alternative maps are you forced to use because of heavy bot infestations?
  • What are they are farming?
  • Have you noticed any specific behaviors exhibited by botters in these areas? (Example: They all have a certain kind of hair)

Rachel and I are looking to collect information on some of the heavily botted maps in Ragnarok Online. We intend to use this information to devise ways of combating botters in areas that have become the most infested with zeny farmers similar to the way we currently fight spammers in Prontera. Any other information you would like to provide would be extremely helpful, no matter how minor the detail you think it might be.

For those who might not already know me, my name is Colin. I am known as 'Army of One' in-game, and I help Rachel with Ragnastats and BotSpot.

Thank you in advance on behalf of BotSpot and Ragnastats!

Let me guess... you're part of the Bot Spot?

At any rate it's super nice to meet you Colin, black guy you.

Oh Army of one? My friendliness extends out to you Sir. Ciao Oda.

I've noticed extensive bot-behavior in many bots specially in places like south pront...

where we can't DB anymore. Kay? k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users