Renewal WoE 1 New time Weds. 4-6pm PST - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal WoE 1 New time Weds. 4-6pm PST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

The place to give feedback and suggestions for our proposed change of WoE 1 times from Wednesday afternoon to Tuesday Afternoon. 

The Wednesday maintenance is very important to us, as this gives multiple days to prepare beforehand, as well as having many more people in the office at the time and day to deal with problems occuring during the maintenance. Due to these having run long and in general being disruptive to people being able to find merchants to buy from and getting guildmates organized for WoE just a few scant hours after maintenance is done we definitely want to move the day. 

We understand that people have built their schedules around the current time and date so we have set up this thread for people to give feedback on and will likely now not be implementing the new time before the month ends so people have time to make the adjustments in their offline situations. 

Ah, since we have people playing from all over, you might help your case by describing what time and day the current WoE is for you. 

The current time is 3pm-5pm PDT (GMT-7) Wednesday

as proposed it would shift to 3pm-5pm PDT Tuesday

After a (extremely) long deliberation we are settling on the time of: Wednesdays 4pm-6pm PST for WoE 1. 

The change will happen after maintenance on January 8th. 

#2 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:25 PM

can we just have WoE 1 in the same day but later? Maybe instead of 3-5 PST do 5-7? After talking with some friends in guild, a lot of us have woe days off and it's pretty hard to change the schedule. This gives 2 extra hours more than the time it is currently set at and gives more people a chance to participate as it is later on in the evening and more time for the GMs to breathe after maintenance.

Can we at least try changing the time of day it is currently at before completely changing to another day?

Edit: My time zone is the same as gravitys

Edited by Braska, 10 October 2013 - 03:35 PM.

#3 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

My personal feedback: I can do Tuesday, but it must be at least 2 hours later.

If it must be changed to Tuesday, a time change must be done imo.

#4 hollylolly

hollylolly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

agreed! Later in the day please. The time is TERRIBLE for anyone on the west coast who goes to school or works.

#5 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Keep it Tuesday. The time doesn't bother me particularly but I can see how it may affect others. I think it should be later as well. I wouldn't mind if it was the same time was Saturday WoE.

#6 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

That would benefit the west cost only while ruining it completely for the majority of europe and western asia.

#7 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

Later in the day will accommodate more players, regardless of the day.

That being said, I would prefer later on Wednesday, like 5-7 or 6-8 server time.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

That would benefit the west cost only while ruining it completely for the majority of europe and western asia.

It's 100% impossible to accommodate every player on iRO, unless everyone decided to move to the same time zone.

Saying it's better for these people, and worse for those people is pretty meaningless. What's important is that the GREATEST number of people will be satisfied with the new time.

#9 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Woe currently is from 7 pm until 9 pm,it's pretty much ideal since its a week day i can't make much later since i have to wake up early to attend to school the other day (Personal case),i know of some people that attend even being around 3 am for them and moving it a bit later would just mess their schedule more,if you think about it really there'll probably be as many different cases as there are people in ro so i don't think moving the time is a good idea,about moving the day it's about the same,perhaps on weekends like someone already suggested,having 1 woe on saturday and 1 on sunday or something like that,of course this might also affect some people that work on weekends but there's really no option that doesn't affect anyone.

#10 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

I thought Asia was the majority on iRO just not as active on the forums as the American population :v

#11 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

I think if most players can do Wednesday, Tuesday wouldn't be so much different in general. The big star is that it would be much better before maintenance rather than after, where things are always rushed. 

But I could see the difficulty for the other side of the globe. It would be change from midnight Thursday to midnight Wednesday. Which is a bit worse for those who study and work x.x

#12 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

I think if most players can do Wednesday, Tuesday wouldn't be so much different in general. The big star is that it would be much better before maintenance rather than after, where things are always rushed. 

But I could see the difficulty for the other side of the globe. It would be change from midnight Thursday to midnight Wednesday. Which is a bit worse for those who study and work x.x

No, a lot of people built schedules around Wednesday.

@Oda Thank you for adding more time for this change. WoE is currently on Wednesday at 12-2 PM for me. I make last hour because of this and I set up my schedule so I could at least have that. At the moment, until the end of the year, I won't be able to attend on Tuesday as I won't be able to log on until 5 PM PST.

Edited by Sapphic, 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM.

#13 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

@Oda Thank you for adding more time for this change. WoE is currently on Wednesday at 12-2 PM for me. ATM until the end of the year, I won't be able to attend on Tuesday as I won't arrive until 5 PM PST.

+1

#14 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• 3287 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

We have a lot of people in guild that have requested to either take Wednesdays off from work, or have gotten permission to leave work early in order to WoE.

They'll probably start posting once they see this thread exists.

#15 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Why not just move maintenance to Thursday? That would give you guys 1 more day to prepare for maintenance, while still having Friday to deal with problems that come up.

#16 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

For students a lot of schedules will change by the semester. So it may be accommodating now (for some) but next semester it may not be. Something to think about. Having it later in the day would be more likely to be out of the "danger zone". Keeping in mind its International Ragnarok Online. So there is literally no way for them to have a perfect time for everyone. I'd suggest clearing at least 5:00 server time. Its always going to be 2 a.m. for someone, that's just how a globe works. 5:00 is a squeeze for west coasters coming home from work, but any later and east coasters are staying up til late hours.

6:00 pm in California would be 9-12 am in Australia, 9 pm in New York, 10 pm in Rio, and 2 am for the UK. Its going to be difficult for someone, sometime...

#17 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

The day before maintenance is the most stable day of the week, as there are no lingering side effects from the previous day's maintenance.

#18 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

The day before maintenance is the most stable day of the week, as there are no lingering side effects from the previous day's maintenance.

Another reason for maintenance to be moved to Thursday.

#19 Quoth

Quoth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:31 PM

@Oda Thank you for adding more time for this change. WoE is currently on Wednesday at 12-2 PM for me. I make last hour because of this and I set up my schedule so I could at least have that. At the moment, until the end of the year, I won't be able to attend on Tuesday as I won't be able to log on until 5 PM PST.

+1

+1

#20 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

There are a lot of reasons that the maintenance day is where it is. It cannot be changed any time soon due to scheduling with both in office and HQ. Please remain on topic in regards to WoE time. Posts about other topics may have to be removed.

#21 Quoth

Quoth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

In that case,

If it has to be move I would suggest the following:

1. Announce it really in advance (like end October beginning November)
  2. Make the change effective for new year (That way student and worker could work their schedule in advance)
  3. Keep the time at this time (it allow player who could not play on week-end due to time zone to play week day) 

#22 Retaks

Retaks

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1103 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

@ Campitor - There are plenty of reasons why WoE should remain the same day as well. Many players like me have built our class and work schedules to be able to attend on Wednesdays.

#23 sociere

sociere

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

peoples will keep complaint at beginning and will get used to later. if you want change just keep same time please, there are always pros and cons for decision

#24 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Wednesdays are fine you can just push it 2 hours from our current one. 

#25 ReshiramFlare

ReshiramFlare

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

I have heard of a lot of people have scheduled around having Wednesday off already to attend Wed WoE, so would be hard to get attendance if you change the WoE day...

I would prefer if we moved WoE to 6pm-8pm Wednesday PST, then we can have 6 full hours between maintenance and WoE, should be enough to handle most things in. Having it 5-7pm PST Wednesday sounds great too. :ok:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users