RO2 Newbie Guide - Things Simplified - Ragnarok 2 Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RO2 Newbie Guide - Things Simplified

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin, Channel 5

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

I'm going to spare the details on why I decided to type this up to begin with, and I'll just post it for anyone else who wants things overall simplified and stated for them. Feel free to correct any errors if any are noticed, or suggest things to add to the list~ though I have a feeling this will get lost somewhere in a black hole on the forums.

And I apologize, it is a huge large wall of text  :p_sick:

Note: I double checked *some* of the existing guides here and didn't find one like this, so, I hope this isn't just rewording some other guide out there somewhere....

AH Note: Prices are based upon 7/1/14 pricing

My RO2 Newbie Guide. Relatively easy things that will make your life in RO2 easier~

• Monster Busters & Monster Extermination Scrolls. This is my top tip because it's pretty important. It is *not* a requirement to do the dungeon quests, however, I'd suggest as soon as you meet Eremes Guile on the South Plains map, you start stacking these Monster Extermination scrolls (Sold by a Monster Buster NPC) with your Quests and Kharas (this will happen around level 13-15). In the long run, you won't regret it. And the cost, you'll make back the zeny eventually.
  • Keep up with your Slain Kharas! It's ok to fall slightly behind in them, just make sure when you finish quests in that zone, that you finish all the slain khara quests in that zone too. I rarely deviate beyond the slain kharas and I still manage to get to 50 easily with plenty of khara points to spare.
  • Auction House. Can be located in Prontera, Alberta, and Morroc. Open your Map (M-key) and just looked for the weight/balance icon.
  • Battle Manuals. These used to be cheap to buy in the Auction House (AH), but not anymore. The best way to get these requires a bit of effort, but not too much. We have this Ranking system (Ctrl + R) and if you rank from 11-50, you'll get one of these free in your temp storage the next day. They last 24 hours, the time only ticks when you're logged in (meaning it will pause when you log out). It's worth it, and if you use one, you don't have to concern yourself with Monster Extermination scrolls unless you absolutely want to.
  • New to the game, sell Pandora's Boxes. You don't have to, you can open them with mallets, but I'd suggest to, just for a little while to build up some currency. They sell for around 10+ zeny each really quick in the AH, which will seem like a lot to your newbie Rupees money that you start off with.
  • What is a Pandora's Box? Basically a gambler's delight, found on mobs up to 5 levels above/below you. You can purchase a Pandora's Mallet from any Kafra NPC, or buy a Pandora's Key from the AH that are sold by other players, or from the Kafra Shop for 50kp with Kafra Points (real money purchased points). And the last place you can get keys are from the hourly attendance check boxes. Contents inside varies by use of the Mallet or the Key.
  • Pandora's Mallet. Chance to get Green quality, or Blue quality weapons for any class, also chances at Green quality or Purple quality jewelry items. There's a chance to get other useful items, such as Phantom Stones (which sell well in the AH), Graham Potions (also sells well in the AH) and Rune Enhancer Elixirs (which you use on +5 stat, Radiant Runes) and then can proceed to use or sell in the AH.
  • Pandora's Key. Chance to get the same items as you can get with Mallets, but can potentially get Purple quality weapons for any class.
  • Other things to sell in the AH from the start. Try selling DNA and Cards, and any armor/weapon of Blue quality or Purple quality. Green items you can just vendor until they're level 25. Level 25+ armor/weapon you can disassemble with a Fairy Stone or other qualifying stone. I'd only sell green quality armor in the AH if it's level 50.
  • Skill Reset and Stat Reset with classes. They recently changed it from only Monks and Beastmasters getting these when you job change, to EVERY class getting these with their job change. So feel free to do whatever you like, it'll all reset when you job change at Combat Level 25 anyways. But from there, you might want to plan, because purchasing a Skill Reset Vellum or Stat Reset Vellum is 600kp (i.e. 6$) or around 4k-6k zeny each in the AH. If you have the new item package that came in the mail, the level 35 box will have a free Re-stat and Re-skill scroll inside it.
  • Phantom Stones. Used to play the Phantom Pyramid and win prizes. The red Explore button will advance you floors at the forfeit of whatever prize you land on, unless you land on a side stone and then you don't really have a choice but to take it. It's a good idea to get 10-25 of these stones before attempting to go for the top floor prize, just my opinion~
  • DNA. Each DNA Fragment will give you one random letter of DNA, you need all 4 letters to combine with a DNA Protein to get a full Pet DNA for summoning. It's purely RNG. Every 11 pets your cool down on pet summons decreases by 10 seconds (changes with vigor), and at 99 pets you obtain the max cool down for pet summoning.
  • Long Distance Flying Kafra. She can fly you across maps, and is located near the huge Fountain in Prontera, and there's one located in the Market District in Alberta, and another south of the east portal in Morroc.
  • Runes. You can place runes into gear that say "Able to equip rune". Don't confuse this with gear that says "Blind Rune Hole". If it says Blind rune hole, you'll need a puncher of appropriate level to open up that rune slot. You can then proceed to right click your rune and socket your gear (make sure everything meets level requirements). Costumes can use any runes, but require Super Punchers (only) to punch the holes.
  • Bags; Supersmall Bags. Small Bags. Medium Bags. Large Bags. And lastly, Super Large Bags. Inventory space is an awful culprit in RO2. Medium bags are the most common, and likely the ones you'll be stuck with till Master Levels. Super Large Bags cost 2,000kp (i.e. 20$) from the Kafra Shop. Large bags are currently only accessible through the newbie package that new characters receive in the mail, or obtainable off of Osiris in Tomb of Osiris. Please note that: Shabby bags are Khara Items and are NOT real bags. If you have the new item package that came in the mail, you should get 2 free Large bags, one at level 25, and one at level 50.
  • Upgrading/Refining. We recently got a new system with AoV. Anything to +1 is safe, you can use Polinium to do this. Anything +2 or higher risks failing, and breaking (aka losing) the item. You can prevent the item from breaking by using an item called Infinium (which is obtainable through events or the kafra shop).  Infinium takes over the Polinium slot. In addition, There are currently 2 booster items with refining; Blessing Powder, and Lucky Powder. Lucky Powder increases the number of refine levels the item will receive upon success (chance of +1, +2, +3), and Blessing Powder increases the chance of the success rate (+50%). You can't use both of these items at the same time, but you can go find a gold refiner (someone with the gold icon or hammer on their back) in Morroc Channel 1. They have passive higher rates for refining, almost like embedded blessing and lucky powders.
  • Founder Title vs. Intellect Title vs. F&F Title. People with the Founder Title earned those titles way back in June, but you can get a comparable title, the Intellect Title. It's easy, you just need some zeny. Find your nearest AH and purchase the Deviruchi's Picture Books, Vol I, II, III, and IV. Use, and viola. (Note: the Intellect title khara can be challenged at level 50). Another easy title is obtained from PvE Hard, called the Fast & Furious title. It's an automatic khara, you just need to run through the raid.
    • Founder Title; 30str, 30int, 30agi, 14wis, 44vit
    • Intellect Title; 32str, 32int, 32agi, 9wis, 43vit
    • Fast & Furious Title: 31str, 31int, 31agi, 10wis, 45vit
  • Dyeing. For now, I simply want to say, when you're dyeing something and you're in the window checking out the colors in the pie/circle... the color you select is NOT the color you will get. The color that is chosen to Dye your Costume will be a random color from that pie. So, make sure you like ALL of the colors in your pie, lol.
  • Ranks. This is a big one. Open the Ctrl + R window to see all the different ranking categories and hover over the tabs to see the requirements. It updates every morning at 5am server time and the rewards vary. I'll give more information on this in the future.

Edit: originally typed this up for my blog, found a lot of blog related items that I removed~

Edit2: Added color to main topics, if they're hard to view in either theme, let me know~

Edit3: Added Auction house info.

Edit4: Updated the guide 7/18/14

Edited by Harkoa, 18 July 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#2 IXDD

IXDD

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Thanks That was Helpful ,I was wondering how to Get the "Intellect Title"

But now I get it ...

#3 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Glad it helped =)

#4 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

I suggest decorating the bold topics different color to increase visual interest.

#5 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

Thanks, I'll try that :D I'm just worried I'll pick an awful color that doesn't go with both forum-themes, lol

#6 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

A bit misleading in the Intellect title. You may need to emphasise "Be level 50 first".

I used the picture books on my level 9 and nothing happened. They all disappeared.  :p_omg:

then I checked the blacked out still title and derp.

Ahhh, I'll add that in~ I suppose I should have assumed not everyone would realize it's a level 50 title =X

#7 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

Haha, well I'm sorry about the confusion XD I already added a little note in there :3 Hopefully there isn't anything else in my little guide that's slightly misleading~

#8 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:05 AM

I have a dumb question: where do I find an AH? Are those the players sitting there like NPCs?

#9 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

There's an AH in Prontera and in Alberta.. the icon on the mini-map looks like a little balance. In Prontera, go to the center, then go into the building behind the two Kafras - you talk to the Kafra NPC inside to get to the AH window.

#10 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:35 PM

Suppose I should add that in the guide somewhere~ :D

#11 PondaPan

PondaPan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationCanadaland

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

Thank you! The term seemed familiar (which means I probably ran by it sometime in Prontera) but nothing was clicking in my head.

#12 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

That helped alot. Thanks for posting!

#13 Freakonomics

Freakonomics

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationMorroc/GuildHouse/WOEmap/DWU~
  • Server:Freyja

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

You can also sell those Scrolls (Monster Extermination Scroll) again  after taking the quest.

Buy one scroll>Right Click>Accept>Then sell the scroll>You get 10% from its original price>Kill the Mob>You get EXP. > Everybody Happy. ;)

#14 Lherana

Lherana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 November 2013 - 04:52 AM

thank you...i was looking for info about post job change resets... your guide helps a lot... thank you

uhmu...quick question...sort of new..uhm where can one get said Deviruchi's Picture Books, Vol I, II, III, and IV besides AH? is it like a mob drop? or donation item of sort?

Edited by Lherana, 30 November 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#15 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:59 AM

thank you...i was looking for info about post job change resets... your guide helps a lot... thank you

uhmu...quick question...sort of new..uhm where can one get said Deviruchi's Picture Books, Vol I, II, III, and IV besides AH? is it like a mob drop? or donation item of sort?

I believe they're a drop in Bapho H, not 100% positive though xD

#16 raela

raela

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

From the Deviruchis in Bapho H yeah.

#17 8436131228040748467

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

May i know how do i switch to better bag if i happened to get one?
cuz currently i am stuck with a basic bag with 3 supersmall bags.
help~~

#18 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 11:40 AM

I usually empty the bag I want to trade out entirely, then remove that bag into another bag, and then put the new bag into the now empty bag slot.

#19 lokasenna

lokasenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

^or you can just drag the new bag over the old one. Haha, I used to empty out my old bag entirely too.

#20 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

^or you can just drag the new bag over the old one. Haha, I used to empty out my old bag entirely too.

that never works for me for some reason =X

#21 Harkoa

Harkoa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 431 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2014 - 01:30 AM

It's been a while, but finally updated this guide~

#22 Contact Support 001

Contact Support 001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:LOL

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:56 AM

A bit misleading in the Intellect title. You may need to emphasise "Be level 50 first".

I used the picture books on my level 9 and nothing happened. They all disappeared.  :p_omg:

then I checked the blacked out still title and derp.

that khara title cant be check or activate under level 50, you should think 1st before doing dumb moves 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users