The Welcome to iRO Thread: Guide to iRO unique/specific content - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Welcome to iRO Thread: Guide to iRO unique/specific content

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

welcome-to-RAGNAROK.png

As some of you know, we are going to be hosting people from Malaysia and Singapore. This thread is set up as a guide to unique International Ragnarok Online content and events that will be new for folks from mRO. I'm going to be adding a lot to this over the next week or so. 

For those of you just joining us from mRO or elsewhere, greetingsI am CM Oda, the Community Manager of iRO. On behalf of the staff of Gravity Interactive USA, I extend a warm welcome to all of you. We have just celebrated our 10th anniversary earlier this year and have implemented the 14.2 Eclage Update recently. I am still learning about what updates and events mRO had so I apologize in advance if you have had some similar events. 

I will be fleshing out the different categories with more information tomorrow: 

Weekly Turn in Quests

For those looking to jump right into parties and fighting giant groups of monsters, the Gramps Weekly Turn In quests were introduced. The Gramps NPC in the Eden group will give monster kill quest missions for players, with three level ranges (70-100, 101-125, 126-150). Each week the monsters are changed and the new monsters are announced in the week's maintenance thread, found in our Renewal Events subforum

GrampsTI.jpg

Pre-Renewal Classic Server

Opened last year, this F2P server uses Pre-Renewal mechanics. To access it, you can open the Ragnarok.exe and click the Play Classic button at the bottom of the Ragnarok Patcher to switch to Classic. 

Pre-Renewal Mechanics

-No penalties on experience/drops when killing monsters not around your level

-Stats in general mean more in pre-renewal, and you can get to instant cast if you have enough dex

-Party EXP share is within 10 levels

-Transcendent class characters and Tae Kwon/TKM/Soul Linker/Gunslinger and Ninja classes are present

-Content up to Veins/Nameless island implemented, with more on the way

-WoE 1 and 2 implemented, as well as Tierra Gorge and Flavius battlegrounds

In addition, we have introduced iRO Classic specific modifications based on user feedback, which are detailed here: in the Classic Renovation Thread

We have a forum where we work with the Classic community to develop new projects, updates and content for Classic here: in the Classic Foundry

Spotlight Events

Each month, we have a special event that shines a spotlight on a certain town. For four weeks, all monsters native to the fields and dungeons near the town have double exp and useful drops increased.

In addition, there is also a NPC placed in the middle of the spotlight town that awards extra experience for players who complete all of the quests in that town! Keep an eye on the playragnarok site for news on what town gets the special treatment each month!

The current spotlight is on the town of Niffleheim

Overlook VIP Dungeon

This unique iRO dungeon can be found in the West Geffen Field map, freely accessible by VIP or by turning in two Reset stones (which can be purchased through the Kafra Shop, or bought from a player merchant). Only characters between levels 30-75 can enter. The monsters within are tougher, but give much more exp. By completing special hunt quests inside of the dungeon, you can earn equipment like Shields, Rosaries and when the final quest is completed there, you can choose to receive one free card from a list. Check out the guide here on our iROwiki fansite. 

OverlookSign.png

USRC Tournament

Hosted in the Summertime, we have a yearly PVP tournament with special prizes that take place on our Sakray test server. The tournament is live boardcast on our twitch.tv/warpportal page.

Community Run Events

A number of members of the community have been running fun ingame and forum events, ranging from hide and seek to guessing games to rather elaborate events that link in and out of game activities. We provide megaphones and monster spawning help for these events when they have been established. In addition to that, on select Mondays and most Fridays we have some MVP monster spawning in one of the towns. 

Community designed quests and headgears

Granny Boxter Lucky box item recycler

Merry Badger exchanger

Expanded Eden Group Headquarters

Code the Redeemer

#2 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Hello new players! :)

#3 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

Welcome!  :p_hi:

#4 eresea

eresea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:45 PM

I wonder when will idRO players move on to iRO ? :P

anyway welcome mRO players :)

#5 Perezoso15

Perezoso15

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationGironland~
  • Server:Valk->Chaos

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Welcome new player \o/!

@Oda:I remember you talked about maybe having some players who volunteer guide the new players around,if that is still up i'd like to volunteer o/.

#6 bubblegum07

bubblegum07

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Welcome to iRO
i am playing on classic loki, hopefully see you there! I am interested in learning how you all play!

#7 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:20 AM

Welcome new player \o/!

@Oda:I remember you talked about maybe having some players who volunteer guide the new players around,if that is still up i'd like to volunteer o/.

I'll have a thread up soon for people to introduce themselves, give ingame names and available times to help and such. 

#8 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully this will be a lot of fun! :D I'd like to see the community even more active than it is already. It's great that there is such a wide variety of people from all around the globe, It means there's always someone online and playing :D

#9 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

I am not sure where they are in updates but they should look over iRO's: http://www.playragna...ws/updates.aspx

Also, I would suggest they look at http://forums.warppo...ward-to-thread/.

#10 awyeaboi

awyeaboi

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Welcome~

Edited by awyeaboi, 16 October 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#11 c00las

c00las

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Wow didn't know there was a VIP dungeon till oda post this thread.. Btw how come there is no thara frog card in the rewards

#12 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

because thara frogs aren't found in overlook dungeon -_-

#13 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

Selamat datang ke iRO!

#14 Jtanz

Jtanz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Jom main jom!

#15 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

Selamat datang ke iRO :DDD

#16 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

This thread made me realize how the playragnarok website (the first place new players would go) and irowiki (not the first place they'd go, but the best resource) does not have very newbie friendly starting introduction pages.

Playragnarok.com is not updated and doesn't quite cover the core concepts of the game off the bat. For example, gender isn't really something players need to care too much about in the beginning.

Irowiki's top headings and first pages don't give all the most important information, are outdated, and perhaps provide too much unnecessary information. I mean, PK server is never enabled and the whole long list of 100 keyboard commands that most of us don't even use half of is not that useful. The main page and intro pages could use a lot of reworking, but really would need some brainstorming and a lot of time to do.

#17 SexyFactor

SexyFactor

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

Hi! I'm looking forward to having a good Ragnarok Online experience. My characters are as follows:

Delish - Lv. 89 Priest (My Main ^_^)

Snuggle - Lv. 89 Male Assassin (sorta leecher)

Feisty - Lv. 59 Thief (soon to be rogue farmer)

#18 infohungry

infohungry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

I wonder when will idRO players move on to iRO ? :P

epic bad idea

wouldn't want it to happen. ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users